Kingdom Come 6 years later...

No matter what anyone says, this is a defining moment in Hov's career

I felt like the first half of the album had some pretty great cuts.. but the second half had so much BAD filler that it sorta invalidated the album.

And I mean bad filler in the sense that the worst tracks on the album outweighed the best tracks on the album.

Don't get me wrong, this joint had some really dope cuts but the overall feel just wasn't what the world was expecting.

Hov is lucky that American Gangster basically saved his music career. Anything short of classic (or near classic like NT likes to classify it) would have definitely had his career looking less prestigious than it is now.

For now, discuss the comeback album. And I leave you with one of the most butter tracks on the album:

w

It was just an average album, nothing special about it. I really don't think BP3 was much better though.

Originally Posted by Born illa

Hov is lucky that American Gangster basically saved his music career. Anything short of classic (or near classic like NT likes to classify it) would have definitely had his career looking less prestigious than it is now.
Ya'll say some silly things on NT man 
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

Still a whack album.

Don't know what the fuss was about Beach Chair either. Dudes hyped the hell out of a song that to me has lost any replay value.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by Born illa

Ya'll say some silly things on NT man 
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

!@*# this album

While I wouldn't say his career was over after this album, he damn near lost me as a fan personally.

Terrible album, liked 2-3 songs. Production was weak and he didn't even sound like he wanted to make this album

I liked the album..

A really good album if made by 95% of any rapper... But for Jay it is seen as ehhhhhhhhhh because he's Jay.

Dig A Hole, THE PRELUDE, and Minority Report >>>> the rest of that mediocre album. Funny thing, I played "The Prelude"
more than anything on WTT not named "The Joy".

He made this album while on a global tour. If any of yall read that Guru article from SXSX(that austin music festival, whatever its called) he talks about being in singapore and then Australia trying to get in album mode. And LA Reid was calling them like I must have this album 4th quarter or Im going to have to fire my staff, I cant pay my bills.
In light of all that information, it makes sense why it was so disjointed and didnt have a complete thought feel to me if that makes any sense.

Do You Wanna Ride is a great song and Show Me What You Got is much better than people give it credit for. But overall the album was mediocre.

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Terrible album, liked 2-3 songs. Production was weak and he didn't even sound like he wanted to make this album
This.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Still a whack album.

Don't know what the fuss was about Beach Chair either. Dudes hyped the hell out of a song that to me has lost any replay value.

Chris Martin's beat for "Beach Chair" was insane, though... That's probably the one track from the album that I still listen to on a regular basis.  "Oh My God" was cool, too.

The Prelude is a favorite of mine. I'm not going to lie Show Me What You Got had me hyped the first time I heard it.

Originally Posted by Essential1

I liked the album..

A really good album if made by 95% of any rapper... But for Jay it is seen as ehhhhhhhhhh because he's Jay.

Trash is trash to me.

Back
Top Bottom