kobe 7 system MODS

First of all i made this modifications because i mainly use my pair to play ball... I really wanted the comfort of the 6 (or at least close) in this new line of kobes so i came up with this. 
Pros: Eliminates discomfort and blistering around the foot (medial arch), Big improvement in comfort and fit (more snug), improved cushioning, Improved shoe ride (heel to toe transition). Improved heel lock down. 
You basically have a kobe 7 that molds to your feet. Played with this set-up a couple of games now and i'm loving it... feels like a completely different shoes from the original "system" a much better version. Who needs the elite when i can have these. 
pimp.gif

I used size 9.5 KB6 insoles on my size 10 KB7.

img8204f.jpg

This shoe is no longer in my rotation coz the outer soles were worn down to bits. 

img8206n.jpg

removed the playfast insole and trimmed off the side walls.

img8226v.jpg

img8221fy.jpg

trimmed off the side walls underneath the sleeve. (trimmed off till the edge of the double stitch linning)

img8214i.jpg

left the front side untrimmed

img8212o.jpg

img8230z.jpg

This is how the KB6 insoles looked like over the playfast inserts.

img8231t.jpg

img8236x.jpg

img8240qn.jpg

img8238k.jpg

img8239m.jpg

Insert the playfast inserts back to the shoe shell.

img8241h.jpg

img8243tb.jpg

img8248i.jpg

Insert the KB6 insoles

img8252o.jpg

img8255i.jpg

Finish Product

img8258s.jpg

img8266i.jpg

img8280p.jpg

img8284r.jpg

the non system KB7

img8262x.jpg

img8286ew.jpg

==================================================================

UPDATE

made changes... went to the garage and got my old beaters (KBV usa)

I say it fits better than the KB6 insole... because its more narrow and by having a lower sidewall on the the heel part it sits perfectly inside. Your heel embeds deeper which results to a much better lockdown. The best part is it's much more softer and thinner than the KB6 insole... you feel much lower and the ride is much smoother. 

size 10 KB5 

photo0866.jpg

trimmed off the sidewalls on the front part of the playfast insert. more room in the toebox.

photo0883s.jpg

This is how the KB5 insoles looked like over the playfast inserts.

photo0879g.jpg

the side walls are thinner and lower. improved lock down.

photo0878n.jpg

photo0868t.jpg

Finish Product

photo0870t.jpg

photo0871.jpg

photo0873b.jpg

KB5 insoles > KB6  insoles

eek.gif

pimp.gif

I had thought about putting a 6 insole in a pair of my 7s, but I thought the shoe would feel too high and/or would move around too much in the shoe. Do you have any issues like that at all with this setup?

Side question, how did you wear down the out sole to bits?

The height feels just like the play strong insole but because the insole molds to your foot it feels kinda low. by trimming the sidewalls and removing the playfast insole the KB6 insole embeds perfectly inside.

As for your other question I played that specific shoe outdoor about 3 times a week. lol

any other modifications you guys suggest? I love the shoe, anything that will make it even better i will try.

I forgot to mention, i did glue the KBV insole to the play fast insert.

Balled in them 4x (full game) now and no problemo! i'm loving it.
pimp.gif

in 2 of my 7s. one of the biggest issue is my right pinky toe. when u shaved down the front trim of the 7 did that improve
If you ever had a problem at all with taht

did you get TTS on your pair?

yes... toe box felt wider when I got rid of it. If you got TTS it might be better if you don't shave it coz you might feel a little slippage of your pinky over the edge of the insert when you do a hard cut. i just fasten the lace a little tighter near the toe boxed so the shell won't flex that much as i cut.

Back
Top Bottom