Kobe 7 "SYSTEM" reviews

^no comparison IMO, there's a soft response under your entire foot with every step, just like the ZKII just without the Nike free feel.

I am really disappointed with the cushlon, it's not soft enough to be so unresponsive.

the catch-22 is the i really like the ankle cuff on the play strong
ohwell.gif

i think when i will wear mine, i will wear an ankle sleeve to go with it, cause the play strong sleeve is nothing but a little bit of fabric..

im still hoping to see someone with the elites and a nike id sleeve

Yeah, that's what they said in the brochures and other stuff but in Eric Avar's
interview he specifically said that it was Lunarlon.

It's hard to argue with the shoe's designer but at the same time you have Nike's
paraphernalia saying something else.

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

yo AC, tried on a half up on the zk7s... you just might be right...
Will get them once they hit outlets.
Will be waiting for the del sols.

haha glad i could be of help. good luck with the shoes.. i'm selling mine (up on ebay) because every time i use the zk7, i just keep going back to the zk6. 

i wish they were still on ID so i could order about 3 more pairs .. had a few ideas too 
frown.gif

oh well, now i'm just gonna try to collect as many zk6 as my budget will let me. i don't even care what colour, i just want them to be cheap. 

7s have top-notch cushioning and support, but its a bit too stiff and heavy for me personally since i'm so used to the incredible light weight of the 5s and 6s. It just seems a bit too rigid compared to the awesome flexibility of the 5s and 6s.

Pretty sure it's Lunar in the Play Strong inserts. I love them after you break them in, although the break-in period was a +*++@ and a half.

Originally Posted by Sk33terMcG33

Pretty sure it's Lunar in the Play Strong inserts. I love them after you break them in, although the break-in period was a +*++@ and a half.
yeah it's lunar. not Cushlon like the paraphernalia say... Peel of the insole and you'd see it saying "LUFO" which I would assume means lunar foam.
imgp1581v.jpg

Originally Posted by staycool

Originally Posted by itzraza786

Is the ankle support good enough to prevent injury? or is it more a comfort support?

good question. need 2 know
no it does not. it's there only for tactile stimulation. It's just for comfort and not support. it's basically
a compression sleeve not an ankle brace.

Originally Posted by staycool

Originally Posted by itzraza786

Is the ankle support good enough to prevent injury? or is it more a comfort support?

good question. need 2 know
no it does not. it's there only for tactile stimulation. It's just for comfort and not support. it's basically
a compression sleeve not an ankle brace.

Yeah, that's what I thought. That's why when I iD'd my pair I went with PlayStrong insert but did the low-cut type for it. Figured it was more of a "feel-thing" rather than an actual support system.

I cannot believe that no one had it in them to come out and call these Kobe 7s a disappointment. I bought a pair thinking they were a big upgrade, because of the price it commanded. But to my disappointment, these shoes failed on many levels.

The quality improved because the material used for this shoe was much thicker. The midsole section was the most obvious part. Visually speaking, this shoe would take a lot of abuse and would last a lot longer than their previous predecessors.

I play basketball and have played in Kobe IVs, Vs, and now the VIIs. These VIIs were clunky, rigid and a disappointment. The amount of time spent on the development of these were good, but they had no flex at all. If the body used lighter material, and if the shoe had more flex, it would make more sense.

The socket inside was a cool idea, but the shoes are just too heavy and clunky...

Got the Cheetahs and only tried them on...fit was nice...I wouldn't ball in them...something about low tops that I don't like when it comes to basketball

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

I cannot believe that no one had it in them to come out and call these Kobe 7s a disappointment. I bought a pair thinking they were a big upgrade, because of the price it commanded. But to my disappointment, these shoes failed on many levels.

The quality improved because the material used for this shoe was much thicker. The midsole section was the most obvious part. Visually speaking, this shoe would take a lot of abuse and would last a lot longer than their previous predecessors.

I play basketball and have played in Kobe IVs, Vs, and now the VIIs. These VIIs were clunky, rigid and a disappointment. The amount of time spent on the development of these were good, but they had no flex at all. If the body used lighter material, and if the shoe had more flex, it would make more sense.

The socket inside was a cool idea, but the shoes are just too heavy and clunky...

i agree.. i'm going next week to the outlet mall and i'm going to stock up on VIs. hopefully i can grab a few pairs at $50/each. 

To the people who've played in the Kobe Elites, have their been any issues with blisters and heel slip?

Back
Top Bottom