Kobe advises '12 team would beat Dream Team

The Dream Team's strength of schedule would be basically the WORST.

The 2012 team's SOS would be MILES better.

This reminds me of college basketball a lot when you have two great teams and one plays in the WAC and gets by convincingly. And the other plays in the Big East/Power 6 conference and has more losses/close games and you are trying to figure out who would win between the two.

bhzmafia14 wrote:
I don't really like comparing today's athletes with athletes from 20 years ago. 

This as well.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

If Dwight and Wade were healthy, they would.

Dwight sure, Wade is a nonfactor.
Nonfactor? I hate the Heat, and I hate Wade with a passion. But did you not see how dominant he was for the USA in the 2008 Olympics? As much as I would love to say he didn't help us, I cant let my hate for him blind me...the dude was on another level in that tournament. I had no choice but to give him some respect, absolutely dominant. Yes SRS. 

Dream team wins 4-1 in a seven game series.  Better rebounders, better defensive players, more physical, better decision makers, better shot selection. You wont see them chuck jumpers all day.

Exactly, people seem to forget that there's two sides of basketball where some folks in here are just talking about the offensive sides of things.  The '12 wouldn't stand of chance of defensively speaking. 

Despite all of dude's talents, Kobe can be really delusional (confident maybe?) at times.

If Rose, Wade, Dwight and Bosh were all 100% and on the team I'd take this version of the team over the 92 dream team

You have to remember Magic and Bird were way past there primes at that point. People like to hold this team to such regard that they're 'untouchable'

12 would murk 92......who on that team is checking Russy...KD...Blake Griff...Bron....far superior athletes....speed, size, power....game over.

What if every player was in their prime? None of those 92 guards can check a Derrick Rose or Westbrook...

ALSO, where does Shaq fit? He wasn't 92...he was on the 96 team though. But You can't really group him with 92 or 12...

Originally Posted by dland24

'12 team would get destroyed on the boards.
Yup, and none of those dudes are nice
laugh.gif

One elbow from Chuck or Malone and most of the 12' team would be
frown.gif

Originally Posted by zmoney3

12 would murk 92......who on that team is checking Russy...KD...Blake Griff...Bron....far superior athletes....speed, size, power....game over.
Griffin is a far superior athlete than Barkley?  Oh.
KD a far superior athlete than Scottie?  Oh

Russy a far superior athlete than Jordan or Drexler? Oh

Bron I'll give you, but Scottie could match up with him as well

And there isnt a PF on that squad who is seeing Karl Malone

And there isnt a C on that squad who is seeing David Robinson (who hung 71 on the Clips 2 years later, and is one of the few players to record the "mythical" quaduple double)

And Tim Duncan has put together a HOF career just through fundamentals alone.  Jordan

12 would run the 92 out the gym.

Ewing, Robinson etc aint' going to keep up with the speed and athleticism of the 12 perimeter players

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

12 would run the 92 out the gym.

Ewing, Robinson etc aint' going to keep up with the speed and athleticism of the 12 perimeter players
Again, Barkley, Pippen, Jordan, Clyde, Malone and Magic were GREAT athletes.  And the ones who werent great athletes are so skilled fundamentally that athleticism is the ONLY advantage that their counterparts have
Can you imagine Blake trying to defend Malone down on the block? goodness

I'll go as far as to say that the Dream Team snubs would give the 2012 teams starting 5 problems

Zeke

Reggie

Worthy

Nique

Dream

The DreamTeam would run circles around this team.

The only advantage '12 might have from a match-up perspective over '92 is LeBron and possibly Westbrook, but '92 has them beat in every other category.

Back
Top Bottom