Kobe Bryant wearing Air Jordans in Games

Originally Posted by tree4twenty

Originally Posted by Swerv1n

Kobe aint even the best Laker ever...... how can he be the best player ever. Come on now.....i think some people hating on MJ cause they aint get see his greatness. All they know is this lame Kobe era where teams aint even half as good as when Jordan was in his prime. I mean ALMOST every team in the league was deadly....u had the Suns the Pacers the Jazz the Blazers the Pistons the Spurs....etc. ANY of those teams from back then woulda mopped the 09' Lakers. 72-10 Bulls woulda SWEPT the finals this year.

Tell me Kobe is better than old Lakers Magic J, Kareem A, Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, Shaquille....even James Worthy was better. You know nothing about sports if u think he's better than these guys. And all these guys will admit MJ is better than them. If u think Kobe better than Larry Bird, Wilt Chamberlain, Pistol Pete, Oscar Robertson, or Bill Russel .......u dont know sh** about basketball......flat out.

I agree 100%.

One thing you gotta understand though, is people ride Kobe so hard because he is a LAKER. If MJ played his career with the Lakers and Kobe played for the Bulls, these same people would be the exact opposite. It's the team, not the player.

The Lakers are the Yankees of the NBA. People ride them no matter where they are from. BUT, for the real Laker fans, them saying Kobe>MJ is mandatory. They have to. That is their player/team. I am from Illinois, grew up watching MJ, and would say MJ>Kobe EVEN IF his stats were not as good as Kobes...But, to go as far as saying Kobe>ANY LAKER/AND OR PLAYER EVER?! Wow, just wow.
Amen to this... Amen!!!!!

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

He wore:

True Blue 3
White yellow PE 3
Black low 6
White 7
Black 7
White yellow PE 8
Black chrome 8
Concord 11
Space Jam 11 (commercial)
French Blue 12
Black 17

and there is a PE 9 floating around.

Space Jam XI ? Which commercial?

Originally Posted by T2 Judgment Day

He wore:

True Blue 3
White yellow PE 3
Black low 6
White 7
Black 7
White yellow PE 8
Black chrome 8
Concord 11
French Blue 12
Black 17

It was those Sprite commercials in 2003 of him working out and watching tape and stuff like that. I used to love those commercials. They weresuper inspirational. Somebody please find them somewhere! It would be
pimp.gif

just stop that lebron talk...hes not better at all hes like the barkley/malone of kobes era face it bron aint winning anytime soon..if u can beat the easthe'll never get a ring..them rings count

Originally Posted by curlyone12

Originally Posted by T2 Judgment Day

He wore:

True Blue 3
White yellow PE 3
Black low 6
White 7
Black 7
White yellow PE 8
Black chrome 8
Concord 11
French Blue 12
Black 17

It was those Sprite commercials in 2003 of him working out and watching tape and stuff like that. I used to love those commercials. They were super inspirational. Somebody please find them somewhere! It would be
pimp.gif
pause @ 0:12. Also rocking the XVII during the deadlifts.

Kobe aint even the best Laker ever...... how can he be the best player ever. Come on now.....i think some people hating on MJ cause they aint get see his greatness. All they know is this lame Kobe era where teams aint even half as good as when Jordan was in his prime. I mean ALMOST every team in the league was deadly....u had the Suns the Pacers the Jazz the Blazers the Pistons the Spurs....etc. ANY of those teams from back then woulda mopped the 09' Lakers. 72-10 Bulls woulda SWEPT the finals this year.

Tell me Kobe is better than old Lakers Magic J, Kareem A, Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, Shaquille....even James Worthy was better. You know nothing about sports if u think he's better than these guys. And all these guys will admit MJ is better than them. If u think Kobe better than Larry Bird, Wilt Chamberlain, Pistol Pete, Oscar Robertson, or Bill Russel .......u dont know sh** about basketball......flat out.

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]100 % AGREE WITH HIS POST[/color] [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]and that's a first[/color]
laugh.gif

I agree 100%.

One thing you gotta understand though, is people ride Kobe so hard because he is a LAKER. If MJ played his career with the Lakers and Kobe played for the Bulls, these same people would be the exact opposite. It's the team, not the player.

The Lakers are the Yankees of the NBA. People ride them no matter where they are from. BUT, for the real Laker fans, them saying Kobe>MJ is mandatory. They have to. That is their player/team. I am from Illinois, grew up watching MJ, and would say MJ>Kobe EVEN IF his stats were not as good as Kobes...But, to go as far as saying Kobe>ANY LAKER/AND OR PLAYER EVER?! Wow, just wow.

Reminds me of a buddy I have. He was born, raised, and still lives in the middle of Illinois, but His fav. teams are:

NBA - Lakers
NFL - Was 49ers, all the sudden it switched to the Patriots
eyes.gif

NCAAB - UNC
NCAAF - FSU
MLB - Yankees (Of course)

wow almost all of what both of you dudes posted is wrong...everything you guys think you're correct about can be argued both ways...so I hope you'renot thinking you are 100% correct
laugh.gif

swerv1n:
1) do you not see that most of the people on this forum like Jordan(and of course his shoes which is what brings/brought most people to this forum to beginwith) and respect that he is most definitely one of the best ever to play the game(really I highly doubt anyone on here hates on MJ)
2) Phil said that if Jordans team went against Kobes team today...it would go to game 7 in OT...and he didn't know who would win from there
laugh.gif
(he was being modest but still...It would be a hell of a series...NOT a sweep)
3) just because someone expresses their opinion thinking Kobe could possibly be the best Laker ever...they don't know anything about basketball???
alien.gif

If you don't think the game has changed even remotely a little since then...then you don't know anything about basketball
and come on man Kobe>Larry Bird and pistol pete and most of the other guys you said for the most part(just my opinion...but I have reasons why I think thisand don't mind tellng you why if need be)

tree4twenty:
1)
indifferent.gif
@ your comment for saying people ride Kobe becausehes a Laker
indifferent.gif

So people like Lebron because hes a Cav???...or people like Dwight because hes a Magic?? etc...no its because these certain superstars stand out night in andnight out(not taking away from anyone else in the league of course)
2)
roll.gif
really??? saying kobe>Jordan is mandatory for us real Lakersfans???
roll.gif
I'm a real Lakers fan and that is for sure 100% not true
3)again both arguments(kobe being best laker ever and Kobe being best player ever can be argued pretty well) well him being best player ever to play the gameis a lot harder of an argument but everyone has their opinion so ehh...

really, it just sounds like you dudes just don't respect Kobes game or you just hating on him for whatever reason
ohwell.gif

P.S.
If it matters my favorite teams are:
NBA-Lakers(of course)
NFL-Eagles
NCAAF-Oklahoma University

I only have memories of the 8's cause he had those on in the playoffs. But man he had on some HEAT!! I never knew he rocked the 11's

Originally Posted by jordanpheen

ok cool I understand about passion for the game...Im the same way
I even understand about you having a good...hell a great argument that Jordan is the best
but you really, like seriously don't think Kobe is the BEST in the NBA right now???
nerd.gif

imo hes top at least 3 off all time

IMO....i would take Lebron, D Wayed, Dirk, and Tony Parker over Kobe in a pick up game.
I will say he is maybe top 5 easily top 10 right now. Lebron is heir to the throne.

My best argument is Kobes not even the best Laker ever how can he be best player ever.
I'll keep it real.....Kobe is a beast (its hard for me to type that) but he is overrated the leagues level of play and
all the injuries just make the Lakers look good.

If we woulda had a healthy Houston (Yao Ming Tracy McGrady) healthy Boston (KG) and i think SA was hurt alittle too LA wouldnt have won the Finals or even made it out of the west. Best that wasnt the case so congrats to Phil Jackson and Lamar Odom the only people on the Lakers i like. and Pau Gasol.

U got your Shaq-less ring Kobe time to retire my friend........
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
. you, my friend, are .... [edit before i get banned].

I don't think Kobe is better than Jordan, but I only see MAYBE three players of Lakers players that you mentioned that are better than Kobe.Magic, Kareem, and maybe Shaq. James Worthy please. Worthy does not believe that. He recently said Kobe is a top 5 player all time. Why would he say that ifthought he was better than Kobe, unless Worthy considers himself in the top 4. Reggie Miller on Dan Patrick's show said that Kobe was a top 10 playerall-time and if he won ring number 4 he would be a top 5 player. A recent a ESPN list on top shooting guards of all time places Kobe at number 2. Better thanWest and Pistol Pete. He is better than Larry Bird. I think Bird is overrated. Bird couldn't guard a chair, nor jump over a Monday morning newspaper.Russell was not good at all compared to todays players. He won eleven championship when the NBA only had like 10 teams. Wilt dominated a game when there wereonly a handful of 7 footers in the league. Michael Jordan basically said Wilt was overrated in his book "For the love of the Game". Wilt, Russell,and Oscar played in a league when the competition, were not as athletic and/or not as tall. Being athletic is not what makes a great bball but it definetlyhelps alot. I think rose tinted glasses off. Every team was not deadly, you named 6 teams (7 if you include the Bulls) that doesn't sound like "ALMOSTevery".

You don't like Kobe, that is fine. But hating is not a good color.

James Worthy link- http://dimewars.com/Video...b4326a7b&activetab=1

ESPN Greatest Shooting Guard List link- http://sports.espn.go.com...me?page=dime-GreatestSGs

Kobe is great, in 10 years LeBron will be greater than Kobe, MJ is the greatest.... Go ahead and start the
roll.gif
at that comment, but I honestly believe that...

I think a lot of people don't like Kobe because he is so arrogant.

I honestly don't think Kobe would have got 3 rings with the same Bulls team that MJ got 6 with.
ANYBODY who plays for a Lakers/Yankees type team for 12 years should have atleast 3 rings by default. I would have loved to see Kobe thrown into a team like the Bulls and go 72-10, and win 6 rings against some of the leagues ALL TIME greats.

PS - I don't hate Kobe at all. I love watching him play, but he is not MJ.

And I agree with xnyles about the defense. Back then they played real defense, now it is run and gun, 150-135 type games. The only time real defense is played is in the playoffs. It's just like what's his name said that just retired from the NFL - It's turning into pansy game...
Hmmm lets see. Now its run and gun, 150-135 type games.
370 Detroit (186) at Denver (184) Dec. 13, 1983 (3OT)
337 San Antonio (171) vs. Milwaukee (166) March 6, 1982 (3OT)
320 Golden State (162) at Denver (158) Nov. 2, 1990
318 Denver (163) vs. San Antonio (155) Jan. 11, 1984
318 Phoenix (161) at New Jersey (157) Dec. 7, 2006

Four of the top of scoring games in NBA history occurred in the 80's and 90's when people played real defense. There is a misconception about defensein the 80's and 90's. The NBA allowed more physical play but the defenses are much more sophisticated today. All the scouting, film, camera angles,etc. makes the defenses more sophisticated. Team scoring averages were actually higher in the 80's than they are now. So much for better defense.

But Lebron can possible end up the greatest player of all-time. MJ+Magic+Oscar= Lebron. Scary thought.

Dope thread

Lol @ the s3rw1n3 dude hahah man or w/e your name is. Not all Laker fans think Kobe > Jordan. I know your an MJ Stan but calm down. Kobes the bestbasketball player on the planet right now. DEAL WITH IT. Lmao. Oh yeah and Mr. "Check my $tats" (smh) still got a few years before he can take thecrown. That isn't coming from a LeBron hater either.

Back
Top Bottom