Kobe doin more work.

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]Hate on haters.
pimp.gif
[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/sports/090926_olajuwon_works_with_grizzlies_thabeet

'
Monday Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant was in Houston for a two-hour workout with Olajuwon.

Olajuwon said Bryant reached out to him for help with his moves in the post.

"He gave me the biggest compliment," Olajuwon said. "(He said) You are the best (at the) mid-post and post move.

"He wanted me to show my moves to him."

Olajuwon said his style of play in the paint is really suited for a guy like Bryant.

"In my mind most of my moves for a guy (with) that agility can use it better than the big guy," Olajuwon said. "Because my moves are not really for the big guy.

"It's for the guards and small forwards. So he would benefit most on the post because of his agility.

"It was so much fun because how he picks it up. I worked with him for two hours, step by step."
Olajuwon expects Bryant to be even better than he was last season when he led the Lakers to the NBA Championship.

"Adding those moves to his game, watch out for him this year," Olajuwon said. "I understand his dedication. His desire to win and stay on top.

"That's what I respect most about him."

By the way, Olajuwon said he would never have held one-on-one sessions like this if he was still playing.

"You don't want to give them your secrets," Olajuwon said'

[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]

Cool.

How the search going for your new NBA team to root for?

I mean since you turned in your Laker fan card and all last year.

always striving to be the best....say what you want about this guy hate him or love him...you have to RESPECT this man's game!!!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ Mamba Shake +1

Work ethic young fellas.
pimp.gif

Wonder what Bron worked on in the offseason? How to shake hands after getting your @#$ kicked in the playoffs?

Sign on the dotted line.
nerd.gif

Directions to Central Park?

Subway system?

Work on your game, results will show.
pimp.gif

Why Kobe is one of the greatest ever? He has prolly the biggest drive to be great than any other basketball player had Jordan was more competitive but I reallydon't think he is close to being the student of the game like Kobe is.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Why Kobe is one of the greatest ever? He has prolly the biggest drive to be great than any other basketball player had Jordan was more competitive but I really don't think he is close to being the student of the game like Kobe is.

indifferent.gif

good for kobe but theres no reason to diss MJ in this thread. he clearly did everything he could to be great and his legacy speaks volumes

There's a reason this man is such a beast. Gotta respect this.

He knows he's getting older and his athleticism is gonna start to fade (actually it probably has already, just a little) so he's transitiong into amore crafty kind of player like Jordan did in his 30s. He knows he can't just outrun and outjump everyone in the league anymore.

That's what I'm talkin about Kobe. The hard work will pay off. Can't wait til the season starts!

airmaxpenny1 wrote:
Why Kobe is one of the greatest ever? He has prolly the biggest drive to be great than any other basketball player had Jordan was more competitive but I really don't think he is close to being the student of the game like Kobe is.
Couldn't disagree more with that comment about Jordan. It's a damn shame that more players don't have the drive that Jordan & Kobeposses.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Cool.

how did I miss this one the first time....

Seems like no Kobe thread is complete without an idiotic statement like this.

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

but I really don't think he is close to being the student of the game like Kobe is.
might be the dumbest %!!! Ive ever read on here....

Not saying I agree or disagree but I strongly recall either Tex or Phil saying something very similar...someone correct me if I'm wrong.

There was footage of Kobe working with James Worthy with Worthy teaching him his spin move out of the post. And Kobe got it down during their workout butnever actually used it in a game. He might never use those Hakeem moves or maybe incorporate them into his own moves. Still... the fact that he picked thebrains of such greats as Payton, Jordan and Hakeem and those greats passed on their secrets to Kobe is pretty good example how greatness should passed on tothe future generations.

Jordan was more competitive but I really don't think he is close to being the student of the game like Kobe is.
It's one thing to say Kobe was more of a "student of the game" than Jordan (which is already wrong to begin with)...but to sayit's not even close is asinine.
Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Seems like no Kobe thread is complete without an idiotic statement like this.
And no Kobe thread is complete without you showing up to try and "balance things out"...
grin.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Cool.

word...this dude jbone
eyes.gif

airmaxpenny1 wrote:
can we have a decent kobe thread without bringing mj's name into the mix

Originally Posted by CP1708

Work ethic young fellas.
pimp.gif

Wonder what Bron worked on in the offseason? How to shake hands after getting your @#$ kicked in the playoffs?

Sign on the dotted line.
nerd.gif

Directions to Central Park?

Subway system?

Work on your game, results will show.
pimp.gif
crab dribble v2.0

Kobe
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom