KOBE IV OWNERS POLL. VOL YEH OR NAY ?????????????????

In this thread I want to put to rest alot questions about the durability of the Lunarfoam of the Zoom Kobe IVS. Alot people have said they dont bottom outlike Hyperdunks and some say they do.

So ZKIV owners please state your size and how long you have worn your shoes for and if you played basketball in them. Then state whether they have bottomed outon you.

Me

6'5 275 and I've worn them for about 30 hrs and they havent bottomed out yet(fingers crossed)
laugh.gif

5'8 165 and I've worn them for about 25 hours and they don't feel to have bottomed out, but they do feel like they lost a little bit ofcushioning......

5'11' 160 been wearing them all the time since they first came out. They havn't changed a bit, but I would much rather the shoe have full legnthzoom.

I'm 5'8 1/2" 150 and I've been balling with my Kobe 4 POPs for three weeks now and I feel no bottoming out, the sad part is it becomesslippery playing in outdoors..

nay, my boy twisted his ankle in the IV's...
the low top just doent give that much support

I'm 5'10" 190, and I've balled in these for a good 2 months. I'd say they are the most comfortable ballin' shoes I've had in awhile. I did twist my ankle once, but it was not a bad one. The cushioning on these is unreal. Sometimes the toebox gets a little crammed with thicker socksthough.

6'3'' 225

Do they feel the same? of course not. People seem to forget the insoles wear down too.

Enough cushoning to still perform? Mos Def.

Little bit of an update...I've worn them for about 50 hours or so and the cushioning right over the ball of my feet has pretty much bottomed out. The heelis still good and the midsole as well...just the lunarcrap has bottomed out right where the ball of my foot would be......

i wish the laces on them were longer : \

when i lace them up with all the holes, it leaves almost no lace left to tie them..

6'3 260, I've been playing in mine since they dropped. Not sure if they bottomed out cause they are definetley still comfortable when I ball.

But standing around I dont have the same type of cushion that I used to feel.

I've worn these for well over 100 hours since I worked & played in them.

PS. I have a Foot Locker insole in there so that helps a lot, but like dude said I do feel a lack of cushion around the ball of my foot.

"nay, my boy twisted his ankle in the IV's...
the low top just doent give that much support"

That's like saying you wouldn't play without a wrist band because you saw someone sprain their wrist. Wearing mids doesn't prevent ankle injuries,it just covers and restricts the ankle.

i dont think there is a definitive way to say whether or not these are any better because alot of people who wore out the hyperdunks (myself included) reallyquick wont go near the kobe 4s.

also, it depends on how forefoot intesive your game is. those who are on their toes the entire time will force the lunar to wear out quicker and will notice amore significant drop off in the level of cushioning due to the fact that they are on the balls of their feet more than those who are not forefoot intensive.

"nay, my boy twisted his ankle in the IV's...
the low top just doent give that much support"

That's like saying you wouldn't play without a wrist band because you saw someone sprain their wrist. Wearing mids doesn't prevent ankle injuries, it just covers and restricts the ankle.

i couldnt agree with this more. if anything, by restricting the ankle in mids you are putting yourself more at risk for an ankle injury. mids/high topsrestricting the ankle results in under developed proprioceptors. this results makes it easier to sprain an ankle and can make sprains more severe because youcant catch yourself.

Has anyone tried the Soldier III by any chance? I know it's off subject but any info would help......

jman ill get back to you on that question once i break out my soldier 3s...but right now im in love with my zkiv, ive worn hyperdunks, last shot j14s, penny 3sand zk4 still take the cake, even over my HD which i rarely use now because the grip isnt so great when the floor is dirty, never had that problem and i dontknow why its like that now.

just a quick question.

do the IV's have removable insoles?

thinking of buying a pair and when the lunar foam does bottom out, im thinking of just taking out the insole and putting in one of my own

Glued in, but you can take them out carefully. I did and put in some Wade 2 insoles (they have the Poron inserts).

Originally Posted by sneakerfan93

These might be my first low-top basketball shoes

They were my first low-top bball shoes and I love them. I wanna buy more pairs so they last me a while!

Back
Top Bottom