Kobe & Shaq 2000-2001 Vol. Playoff run

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

Originally Posted by RsXtreme415

15-1, Cannot be F'd with

We will never see a duo like that again, they just embarrassed the league.

and people try to discredit Kobe for those rings
laugh.gif

Well said. SMH at people discrediting guy for not being the MAIN guy on this team.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Let me stop before folks think I am serious. I was possessed by DeuceKing for a few mins. Excuse me.

Nice try champ, but much like Kobe in the playoff series versus Dallas this year you failed miserably.  That being said ska said it best in this thread.............

Some of y'all just CAN NOT handle that there are people (like me) who simply refuse to bow down to Kobe. It just... eats you alive, and that makes no sense to me. It's like youve made it your life's mission to get people like me and Deuce to say "You know, I never thought of it like that. Kobe really is the greatest basketball player... no.. greatest ATHLETE... no, no... KOBE BRYANT IS THE GREATEST HUMAN BEING EVER! 

But if you can't see that the offense was CLEARLY filtered through Shaq, and that Kobe was an ASSASSIN at taking advantage of defensive collapses and picking his spots, then I have to ask if YOU watched the games. Everyone knew who Shaq was; a brute underneath. But then Kobe came through like "Fine, converge on Big Fella. Act like I'm not young and athletic with a deadly shot and a high basketball IQ.  

point blank if your averaging 30 in the playoffs as a second option your not robin. your either 1b or shaqs superman and kobes batman. if he was putting up 15-18 a game i'd be fine with the robin label as i'd feel it's warranted but when you put up the numbers kobe did in 01 and 02, your not some little sidekick.

Oh so that's what this is about for some of you dudes??  When I started the phrase Kobe was Robin on here, I meant that he was the 2nd option, or second in command.  For all you dudes saying Kobe was 1b or Kobe was Batman and Shaq was Superman that would still make Kobe second behind Shaq.  We're not even talking about how far behind or how close behind Shaq he was, all that's being said is that Kobe was behind Shaq in some way, shape, or form.    

and that's fair enough for me. i watched that 3peat happen and i've flat out acknowledged he was the 2nd option.   i've never denied it, nor have a problem with it as my team won 3 rings as a result of that. i watched that run and you can't change what really happened as some kobe stans try to rewrite history. however  i just get annoyed when people label kobe out to be some lackey who rode shaqs cotails. (not saying your doing it, but others on here have completely discredited his role)

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Let me stop before folks think I am serious. I was possessed by DeuceKing for a few mins. Excuse me.

Nice try champ, but much like Kobe in the playoff series versus Dallas this year you failed miserably.  That being said ska said it best in this thread.............

Some of y'all just CAN NOT handle that there are people (like me) who simply refuse to bow down to Kobe. It just... eats you alive, and that makes no sense to me. It's like youve made it your life's mission to get people like me and Deuce to say "You know, I never thought of it like that. Kobe really is the greatest basketball player... no.. greatest ATHLETE... no, no... KOBE BRYANT IS THE GREATEST HUMAN BEING EVER! 

But if you can't see that the offense was CLEARLY filtered through Shaq, and that Kobe was an ASSASSIN at taking advantage of defensive collapses and picking his spots, then I have to ask if YOU watched the games. Everyone knew who Shaq was; a brute underneath. But then Kobe came through like "Fine, converge on Big Fella. Act like I'm not young and athletic with a deadly shot and a high basketball IQ.  

point blank if your averaging 30 in the playoffs as a second option your not robin. your either 1b or shaqs superman and kobes batman. if he was putting up 15-18 a game i'd be fine with the robin label as i'd feel it's warranted but when you put up the numbers kobe did in 01 and 02, your not some little sidekick.

Oh so that's what this is about for some of you dudes??  When I started the phrase Kobe was Robin on here, I meant that he was the 2nd option, or second in command.  For all you dudes saying Kobe was 1b or Kobe was Batman and Shaq was Superman that would still make Kobe second behind Shaq.  We're not even talking about how far behind or how close behind Shaq he was, all that's being said is that Kobe was behind Shaq in some way, shape, or form.    

and that's fair enough for me. i watched that 3peat happen and i've flat out acknowledged he was the 2nd option.   i've never denied it, nor have a problem with it as my team won 3 rings as a result of that. i watched that run and you can't change what really happened as some kobe stans try to rewrite history. however  i just get annoyed when people label kobe out to be some lackey who rode shaqs cotails. (not saying your doing it, but others on here have completely discredited his role)

*Frank Lucas*.........."My man"

Let this be a testament that folks can argue/be on different ends of the spectrum here in S&T and settle certain differences that they may have with another in a rationale manner. 

I just don't like how you somewhat discredit the rings he won with Shaq because he wasn't "the man." THAT is the issue I have with your statements. And don't say that you don't discredit because you do. Just re-read your comments if you think otherwise.

Kobe has 5 rings. 5 REAL rings.

I just don't like how you somewhat discredit the rings he won with Shaq because he wasn't "the man." THAT is the issue I have with your statements.

.......and with that being said the issue I have is not the fact that Kobe has 5 rings.  The issue I have is when folks like you and a few others on here
nerd.gif
 bring up the 5 rings and use that as a means to compare Kobe with Mike or say that they are similar or that Kobe is comparable to Mike, for starters.  For now nevermind the skill-set between the two, the fact of the matter is Mike was the MAIN guy for all of his championships let alone his entire career, the same can not and will not be said of Kobe.  Now that's nobodies fault, but that is something that has to go into the equation when comparisons are brought up.  That's where the line is drawn in the sand, even though folks try to cover it up.

Also, as far as rings or REAL rings are concerned make sure you take that same demeanor and statement over to the NBA Legacy thread and tell your boy the same thing since he seems to think a ring for a certain great is "flawed". 

I just don't like how you somewhat discredit the rings he won with Shaq because he wasn't "the man." THAT is the issue I have with your statements.

.......and with that being said the issue I have is not the fact that Kobe has 5 rings.  The issue I have is when folks like you and a few others on here
nerd.gif
 bring up the 5 rings and use that as a means to compare Kobe with Mike or say that they are similar or that Kobe is comparable to Mike, for starters.  For now nevermind the skill-set between the two, the fact of the matter is Mike was the MAIN guy for all of his championships let alone his entire career, the same can not and will not be said of Kobe.  Now that's nobodies fault, but that is something that has to go into the equation when comparisons are brought up.  That's where the line is drawn in the sand, even though folks try to cover it up.

Also, as far as rings or REAL rings are concerned make sure you take that same demeanor and statement over to the NBA Legacy thread and tell your boy the same thing since he seems to think a ring for a certain great is "flawed". 
Quit @#$%^&* and go in there and dispute what I said.  
laugh.gif
  And make sure you read the context all the way thru. 

If you have read what I have said, I don't believe in the rings being the end-all when it comes to a player's legacy. If they have it, cool. If they don't, I don't look at them as being at fault. So I am not one of those that bring up the 5 rings and use that as a means to compare Kobe with Mike or say that they are similar or that Kobe is comparable to Mike.

Kobe has 5 rings, that is an accomplishment. I don't even compare the dude to Jordan. It is silly talk, Jordan is #1 at his position and that is set in Gold.

But like I said, I just don't think it is right/fair for you to say that people shouldn't lead Kobe discussions with how many rings he has because 3 of those were not "legit." Just not fair at all man. No need to discredit that man's work that he has done which is what you seem to be hell bent on doing. Maybe it is something personal there, not sure.

What the what? Kobe was the 2nd fiddle. Point blank. I don't care if he averaged 30, he is a robin. Shaq carried that team and the only reason Kobe scored 30 was because Shaq was doubled every time he touched the ball. Don't play dumb. You Kobe stans kill me.

Kobe didn't win without Shaq. He had to get Pappa West and Stern to make a lopsided trade (cheating) for him to sniff gold again. He couldn't do it on his own like Jordan or Dirk. He and LeBron might as well move in together.
indifferent.gif
 at saying Jordan did it by himself 

What the what? Kobe was the 2nd fiddle. Point blank. I don't care if he averaged 30, he is a robin. Shaq carried that team and the only reason Kobe scored 30 was because Shaq was doubled every time he touched the ball. Don't play dumb. You Kobe stans kill me.

Kobe didn't win without Shaq. He had to get Pappa West and Stern to make a lopsided trade (cheating) for him to sniff gold again. He couldn't do it on his own like Jordan or Dirk. He and LeBron might as well move in together.
Did you even watch Kobe play in the Finals from 00-03 ? There were a lot of games where he carried the team on his back.

laugh.gif
at the though of Jordan winning all 6 rings by himself. Jordan wouldn't even sniff the Finals without Pippen, Phil and the the team that he had

Come on yall, I was joking. I was not serious with ANYTHING I said about Kobe on the last page. LOL.

not that it's relevant or that shocking but MJ outscored Pippen in 33 of their 35 finals game.

Still, I thought that was absurd.

Come on yall, I was joking. I was not serious with ANYTHING I said about Kobe on the last page. LOL.
laugh.gif
 my bad man, but to my defense i have heard that a million times on this board so i wasn't sure

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

Originally Posted by n1rb

when guys say kobe was nothing during those runs it makes me wonder if yall even watch the game or just listen to what other people say..

even if you only watch highlights on espn you cant come to the conclusion that kobe was nothing..

put it this way.. if the hornets had kept kobe then shaq wouldnt have won any of those titles, san antonio would have dominated the L from at least 99 to 07 

and if you do wanna call kobe a role player during those runs then he was no less than what lebron is today.. he was that teams main playmaker/facilitator and, unlike lebron, he was that teams closer as well so thats a pretty nice role to be playing for the la lakers if you ask me.. i mean a guy thats "nothing" certainly couldnt get a gig like that..
not san antonio.....................sacramento would've
no.... san antonio would have
nba_g_robinson-duncan01_576.jpg

The queens were and are whack
laugh.gif

Can somebody put photoshop an image of D12 next to D-Rob...I forgot how cut the Admiral was....sick.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

*facepalm*

Some of y'all just CAN NOT handle that there are people (like me) who simply refuse to bow down to Kobe. It just... eats you alive, and that makes no sense to me. It's like youve made it your life's mission to get people like me and Deuce to say "You know, I never thought of it like that. Kobe really is the greatest basketball player... no.. greatest ATHLETE... no, no... KOBE BRYANT IS THE GREATEST HUMAN BEING EVER! Thank you for showing me the light," and you won't rest until we say it.

Yes, they were a dominant duo in '01. You don't go 15-1 through the playoffs because of 1 guy, not in today's world of sports.

But if you can't see that the offense was CLEARLY filtered through Shaq, and that Kobe was an ASSASSIN at taking advantage of defensive collapses and picking his spots, then I have to ask if YOU watched the games. Everyone knew who Shaq was; a brute underneath. But then Kobe came through like "Fine, converge on Big Fella. Act like I'm not young and athletic with a deadly shot and a high basketball IQ. End of the game, when he's got 30 and I've got 30 and we won, you can start looking at film to see how to get us tomorrow."

*appreciated*

I'll leave it at that for now; let y'all quote me and twist my words around.

laugh.gif
@ "lol @ people saying Kobe was nothing"

Just appreciate what they did and %%@% and @*%$.

Awwww... someone's new to online sports discussion.
happy.gif

Welcome, NoReasonableDoubt.
happy.gif
One of the first thing you'll discover about online sports discussions is that there are lots of different opinions, and just because someone says something like 'The offense was run through Shaq', that doesn't mean that person doesn't appreciate the dominance of Shaq and Kobe together.
wink.gif

you guys straight killed my comparison and then i dont even get quote credit. damn ya'll foul.

the lakers were the Justice Leauge.

Batman(Kobe) and Superman (Shaq) are CO-LEADERS.

The Joker(whoever was the big PG back then) would have Superman set up and killed in less than a day.
Darkseid(whoever was the big C back then) would kill Batman in a single punch.

but, together, they can beat every villain.

you got a star shooter? kobe steps up.
you got a big center? shaq steps up.
you got both? they both step up.

OF COURSE Superman is stronger, but Batman is the smartest.

once they split, it showed they were not stronger apart (shaqs 1 ring and kobes 2)

this is a stupid thread. nothing to argue.

if they stayed together they would have won every championship from 01-08.

9 rings.

we could've definitely won 3 or 4 more in this decade.

No doubt about champ.

shaq was superman and kobe was batman.

I like the term Shaq was Batman and Kobe was Robin better, mainly because it was Shaq/Batman that created opportunities for Kobe/Robin, but since this is more or less a Shaq & Kobe appreciation thread I'll let the Superman/Batman comparison rock......................for now.

no, i like the superman/batman comparison better. shaq was our superman, the man of steel, unstoppable, unguardable, dominant but like superman he had a kryptonite in free throw shooting and due to hack a shaq it was hard to go to him at the end of games. kobe was batman cause he didn't have the supernatural (dominance of shaq) abilites but he had other ways to get the work done. locking up the opposition's best perimeter player (batman finds his opponent's strength and weakness), setting up the offense (batman's intelligence) and of course scoring at will in addition to the clutch factor as well. the ball was in his hands during in a close game to either he'd dish out, make free throws or score the a much needed basket (batman's infinite amount of intelligence and combat skills). 

basically, what superman shaq couldn't do, kobe batman could and what kobe batman couldn't do, superman shaq could do.

IMO.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

we could've definitely won 3 or 4 more in this decade.

No doubt about champ.

shaq was superman and kobe was batman.

I like the term Shaq was Batman and Kobe was Robin better, mainly because it was Shaq/Batman that created opportunities for Kobe/Robin, but since this is more or less a Shaq & Kobe appreciation thread I'll let the Superman/Batman comparison rock......................for now.

no, i like the superman/batman comparison better. shaq was our superman, the man of steel, unstoppable, unguardable, dominant but like superman he had a kryptonite in free throw shooting and due to hack a shaq it was hard to go to him at the end of games. kobe was batman cause he didn't have the supernatural (dominance of shaq) abilites but he had other ways to get the work done. locking up the opposition's best perimeter player (batman finds his opponent's strength and weakness), setting up the offense (batman's intelligence) and of course scoring at will in addition to the clutch factor as well. the ball was in his hands during in a close game to either he'd dish out, make free throws or score the a much needed basket (batman's infinite amount of intelligence and combat skills). 

basically, what superman shaq couldn't do, kobe batman could and what kobe batman couldn't do, superman shaq could do.

IMO.

you said the exact same thing i said 2 hours earlier right above this post. !+* is wrong with u?

stevenson has to be given credit for his ring tho

Originally Posted by likethematrix

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

No doubt about champ.

IMO.

you said the exact same thing i said 2 hours earlier right above this post. !+* is wrong with u?

exact?
laugh.gif
 esta loca. sorry, you're irrelevant on here.

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom