Kobe V Review Request

Anyone got a review on them yet? Curious as how to heel and forefoot zoom feels and performs, all put together in a 10.6 oz shoe
laugh.gif

Just ordered mine of NDC (Nike.com, for those of you who don't know)

A few people in the thread in the Nike forum have already discussed the performance. Try asking there.

I clicked this post thinking that there was a review in here...
SOMEONE POST A REVIEW PLEASE!

I got'em the day after xmas and I balled in them that day, and 2 other days since so this is after 3 days of balling in these ... not in a row. I'm 5ft7 and about 145lbs for reference sake.

basics..
cushioning- pretty good but harder than the kbIV's initially and currently, I don't feel the softness in the heel that was so obvious w/ the iv'sand the front is pretty firm as well.
grip- very good, I haven't slipped yet but I have slid a little from time to time, I would say as of now not as good as the iv's.
comfort- the fit is exceptional but the comfort is just good not really exceptional.
support- the shoe is stiff but absolutely stable. I haven't felt anything close to losing my balance or twisting anything at all, quite remarkable.
overall impression- I like these shoes, they look amazing and the fit is pretty incredable. But do I think they're a step up from the previous kb's?not right now I don't, they actually remind me most of the AJ23's in it's exceptional fit and out of this world lines, but like those shoes, thecomfort is just ok and while nothing rubs, it's not exactly super comfortable, not a next level comfort and so far not a next level performance shoeeither. It's probably as good as it gets this year but for the time being I'm thinking about getting some more kbiv's on sale to stock up what Ifeel is one of the 3 best all time performing shoes ever. The other 2 being Hyperdunks and Lebron 2's or the AJ 14's. Slightly disappointed because Ilike the way these looks so much more in that they look sleeker and more like your foot and less like a dunk shoe ala kb 4's but maybe there's a limitto how much you can take away and still give people what they want?

my main complaints so far are this..
can't really feel the zoom , heel or forefoot
the shoe is still really really stiff and after 2 hours of bball I feel relief in removing these shoes and putting on some lunar trainers
the heel to toe transition could be better, my mid foot was pretty sore after the first and second wearing thought that seemed to improve by the third.
that's it, it's light but that's obvious, the shoe is more than supportive enough to never worry about hurting anything or twisting anything butcoming after the beast of a performer like the kbiv's there's a huge shadow hanging over it.. we'll see how it holds up.
an update
I played in these again tonight and my views have changed a bit.
it seems the shoes have worn in after about 8 hours, now these shoes are very soft and very comfortable and i didn't slip once during the 2 hours i worethem today. Maybe it took that long for these to break in but now i do believe these are at least as good as the kb ivs.
so I would change it to
cushioning -9.5
grip 9.5
comfort 9.5
supprot 10
so overall a 9.75 well worth the price and I'm in for the rest of the year in these.

^^ I guess it looks like the IVs are still a tad better than the Vs... Which isn't surprising, as the IVs were the best basketball shoes I've worn.

firm zoom air is waaaaaay better than soft mushy zoom...its more responsive, which is the reason you buy zoom shoes.

everything that hminer didnt originally like about the shoe all points to being more durable than the kobe 4. his mind changed after breaking them in, and nowim considering getting a pair when the blackouts release.

Originally Posted by swingshot

A few people in the thread in the Nike forum have already discussed the performance. Try asking there.

You just broke the record for the stupidest NT comment of all time.

YOU TOLD A GUY POSTING IN THE REVIEW FORUM TO ASK FOR A REVIEW IN THE NIKE FORUM! How can a dude with almost 3,700comments be that useless?

There's some competition, though -

TheAssassin23 wrote:
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? This is a review request for the KOBE V. V is the Roman Numeral for 5. Coming in here to talk about someother shoes you just bought is borderline mentally impaired.

/rant

I'm looking for a review, too, because I have to wait until the aways drop on 1/16 to get a pair.

Quick review:

Fit: Excellent, if you get the right size. I felt like I was playing in a pair of running shoes but I never felt my foot sliding. I wear a 10.5 in mosteverything, although I wear an 11 in the ZK IV. I went back to 10.5 with these and they fit perfect. Size 11 fit fine as well but I like a little less room intoe area. I recommend trying them on before buying a certain size.

Cushioning: I like a firmer shoe like the AJ XIV so I really liked the feel of the V's. Definitely not as soft as the ZK IV.

Ankle support: The outrigger and low to the ground feel kept my ankles from rolling over.
Size
Traction: Better than the IV's in my opinion but the ZK I still has the best grip

Looks: At first I hated the Chaos colorway and it looks like the majority of the non shoehead community feel the same way. I love it though after staring atthem for awhile. I don't know how Nike does it but the IV's feel and look outdated already.

Overall: I'm going to sell my IV's. I really like this shoe...5/5 for now..we'll see how it holds up during my league games. Might replace myZKI's and XIV's as my go to shoe!

just played in my aways today and they felt better and better as kept playing. at first my feet hurt around the midfoot because i tied them too tight
laugh.gif

i felt lower to the ground and more supported in the V's than i did in my IV's today (played 3 full court games in the V, then 2 full court games inaway gradient IV, then played 2 more full court games in the V).
went with my true size, 8.5, and they felt perfect just like they do in the IV.
the IV felt comfortable in its own way but the V just felt more on point with its outsole pattern and the zoom air units. the zoom was stiff but responsive anddidn't feel dead at all. the heartbeat-patterned outsole felt like it bit into the floor better than the herringbone on the IV.
bottom line: the IV is a great shoe to begin with but the V is just better. can't wait to play in my aways again.
also, i love how the V doesn't crease at all
pimp.gif
but i'd like itmore if the upper was scuff-proof as well
laugh.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

i love the fact that the V's dont crease as much as the IV's which just wrinkled up after 1 step

Originally Posted by monase

i love the fact that the V's dont crease as much as the IV's which just wrinkled up after 1 step

dude these shoes are for playing basketball, who cares if they crease or not.

i tried these on and held them and the traction doesnt seem very good. shoes that have traction patterns that are sticking out seem to not grip as well assoles that have the traction pattern cut into the outsole.

I think I've finally broken my pair in and they feel great., I've played in them 4 times (about a total of 6 hours, 2 one-hr rec league games and 2-324hr fitness full court games).

Traction: Superb, really incredible I had great traction on a moderately dusty 24 hr fitness court, even better than my 2k5.

Court Feel: Great very low to the ground

Fit: Went half size up (11.5) and don't regret it, feels great especially with the skinwire molding to your feet.

Breath-ability: Pretty good, I noticed that you can actually see light go through the toe's top holes (if you get it at the right angle). I asked my buddywho plays in the Kobe IVs if he can see light through his and he couldn't, I tried to see if I could to but to no avail.

cushioning: nice and comfy, very responsive.

Lockdown: These were the first pair of lowtop shoes, I've ever balled in. I was a little skeptical at first, but after putting them on my ankle feltprotected, thanks to the outrigger and stable base, oh and the heel cup really keeps your feet in place.

Right out of the box, these were pretty stiff and the zoom was really firm. I broke these out at my season opener for my rec league, two weeks ago. During theseason opener I felt my traction slip at times, but now that doesn't even happen anymore. I didn't really feel the skinwire or the traction until Iplayed in them again yesterday.

The only complaint I have is that THEY ARE TOO LIGHT, in all seriousness they are. Ever since I started playing inthem, I notice that my shot percentage decreases, cause I'd overshoot it. Halfway through my season opener i switched back to my XIVs and my shotpercentage went back up.

Overall, I'm really happy with the performance of the KOBE Vs
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. I definitely recommend to a friend or anyone who wants a light and responsivehoop shoe. The weight just takes some time to get used to but it'd help if you didn't have a large hoop rotation. My hoop rotation is 2k5s andhyperize, the KB Vs are my game shoes for my rec league

Thanks for the review man^

would you recommend going a half size up for just casual wear, or just if your going to play ball?

edit: I dont wear my shoes very tight

Originally Posted by JLking

I think I've finally broken my pair in and they feel great., I've played in them 4 times (about a total of 6 hours, 2 one-hr rec league games and 2-3 24hr fitness full court games).

Traction: Superb, really incredible I had great traction on a moderately dusty 24 hr fitness court, even better than my 2k5.

Court Feel: Great very low to the ground

Fit: Went half size up (11.5) and don't regret it, feels great especially with the skinwire molding to your feet.

Breath-ability: Pretty good, I noticed that you can actually see light go through the toe's top holes (if you get it at the right angle). I asked my buddy who plays in the Kobe IVs if he can see light through his and he couldn't, I tried to see if I could to but to no avail.

cushioning: nice and comfy, very responsive.

Lockdown: These were the first pair of lowtop shoes, I've ever balled in. I was a little skeptical at first, but after putting them on my ankle felt protected, thanks to the outrigger and stable base, oh and the heel cup really keeps your feet in place.

Right out of the box, these were pretty stiff and the zoom was really firm. I broke these out at my season opener for my rec league, two weeks ago. During the season opener I felt my traction slip at times, but now that doesn't even happen anymore. I didn't really feel the skinwire or the traction until I played in them again yesterday.

The only complaint I have is that THEY ARE TOO LIGHT, in all seriousness they are. Ever since I started playing in them, I notice that my shot percentage decreases, cause I'd overshoot it. Halfway through my season opener i switched back to my XIVs and my shot percentage went back up.

Overall, I'm really happy with the performance of the KOBE Vs
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. I definitely recommend to a friend or anyone who wants a light and responsive hoop shoe. The weight just takes some time to get used to but it'd help if you didn't have a large hoop rotation. My hoop rotation is 2k5s and hyperize, the KB Vs are my game shoes for my rec league
Good review! "THEY ARE TOO LIGHT" lol. I can't wait to get mine!!!

Originally Posted by wuwuisaac

Originally Posted by monase

dude these shoes are for playing basketball, who cares if they crease or not.
took the words right out of my mouth...if people are reading for casual wear then there is no need to read a review...but if you are balling inthem, why the hell should you care if you crease or scuff them? if you do then i suggest playing bball alone! haha

Back
Top Bottom