Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

The photographer could have also very easily used an editing tool to darken the crowd out of the 2008 picture.
while this is true to some degree you can see the courtside seats are lit in both pics. That doesn't sway me either way though I doubt they edited the pictures much and it is probably due to the iso, f stop and lens because the difference is dramatic. I haven't seen a game since 07 so I wouldn't know.

Sorry whats wrong with the upper?

Is it uncomfortable?
As some guys have already mentioned the upper flexes weirdly and therefore it's kinda uncomfortable. Seems like the whole upper is one piece and if you move it can't adjust to your foot so there are some spots where the materials flex and even pinch your feet. 

Laker fans remember when they started going back to that lighting.
I wouldn't call myself a Laker fan. I like the team, but a fan is a just not me. I couldn't tell you about the lighting of any arena outside of the hardwood. My eyes are on the court, not the crowd. Guess I should brush up on some Lakers lore if I'm going to get down with these kobe X storytelling colorways right?

I wouldn't call myself a Laker fan. I like the team, but a fan is a just not me. I couldn't tell you about the lighting of any arena outside of the hardwood. My eyes are on the court, not the crowd. Guess I should brush up on some Lakers lore if I'm going to get down with these kobe X storytelling colorways right?
I feel it. I wasn't trying to call you out or anything. Sorry if I came off that way. Nike is really trying too hard on the storytelling for sure. I feel that the only "storyline" that should be associated with a shoe is their on court significance.

This could be the reason Nike is story telling because Kobe isn't playing. I don't know just my guess.

I feel it. I wasn't trying to call you out or anything. Sorry if I came off that way. Nike is really trying too hard on the storytelling for sure. I feel that the only "storyline" that should be associated with a shoe is their on court significance.

This could be the reason Nike is story telling because Kobe isn't playing. I don't know just my guess.

Nike's sig athletes have so many cws released during the year. They have no choice but to create stories in order to build a connection between the athlete to the shoe to the consumer, which is why so many people buy sig shoes in the first place.

I remember when the athletes on-court performance, or simply the look of the shoe on the athlete WAS the connection. But that was at a time when maybe 1 or 2 home and away cws plus an alternative released. Basically, Nike just said "these are what our sig players are wearing, enjoy!" But with the explosion in pe's (or sneaker culture in general), that specific type of connection to cws has been lost. Enter 20+ personal story telling cws (most that will never hit the hardwood) to bring a different kind of connection back to the athlete.

There are only so many "hot" combinations of colors that will attract the masses. When you're pumping out 20+ cws, they've gotta have the extra edge by giving each cw a "cool" nickname + a back story.

All of this imo of course.

Is it okay to replace the kobe x insoles or will that take out the technology in the shoe? Cause i wanna try some dr scholls insoles for my runners knee. Thanks for suggestions.

haha no worries man. I agree with you though Nike is definitely pushing it. They gotta pull all the stops and create more connections. What is strange to me is how they don't give more Id options and how many of the announced colorways thus far have been easy to create on nike ID. I think it would be way smarter to separate the availability of colors, patterns and options. It is super early in the X's line though. I liked the 9 em but not the execution of the colorways or ids. Hope they do a better job this time around.

These puppies are sitting in the Nike store in Melbourne. 
They're sitting everywhere... boring CW, boring shoe, overpriced shoe... Nike is going to have to readjust their prices... I can buy the D Rose 5, J Crossover 2, Curry 1, Clutchfit, i.e. for a fraction of the price of this. The elites are probably going to be $250 this year. I'm done with these overpriced shoes. On to the Hyperchase and Kyrie 1.... 

Taking my 5AMs back. Not really feeling these at all in person. I will wait on the flyknits or hell, maybe the next model all together. Really regret never IDing the 9 FK lows.

Doesn't help that the star of the shoe is sitting on the sidelines again, and I'm talking about swaggy P

Last edited:
The 180$ price tag is what has me throwed off, and from the comments Im reading, I'm not alone

And the fact that this is a generic hyperfuse shoe with Kobes name etc on it

These cats push out a plain model and plain CWs in order to capitalize off of ID pricing

Im not going for it

I'll just wait on a clean have to have CW of the highs and Im already on to the Kobe XI

I'll cop a low on heavy disco sometime in the future

C'mon nike can we just get some black and Del Sol colorways or even a black and sulfur colorway like geesh!

This a million times over. Del Sol was a great CW, still my favorite on the IV"s and V's. Enough of these one solid CW with weird back stories.

I attribute the thread being slow to the fact very few of us have them in hand, and to the fact the first color was a bit.... polarizing (I person my don't care for it because I'd rather a Lakers color). I think once some more mainstream colorways hit and there's a beer consensus to how good the performance is on these, the thread will pick up.

Once the flyknit low pics surface and highs release, thread will be like
tumblr_mpzzsqZK3c1sp9fcho1_500.gif

Back
Top Bottom