Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

I hate it when every thread turns into a "which year was the best" conversation. 

*end rant* Feel free to continue the debate. 
smile.gif

I hate it when every thread turns into a "which year was the best" conversation. 

*end rant* Feel free to continue the debate. :smile:

Usually happens towards the tail end of the shoe year but with these being such a dud it's just come sooner. We got the ID thread ecstatic that they made all grey or all white shoes for 230 :lol:

Last edited:
I went to try on the Chester elite lows and I was wearing shattered back board 1s. So funny the difference in tech and support from back in the day to now lol.

Tried to make myself like the 8s but they're whack to me. Favorites are probably:

1. Elite 9 high

2. 6

3. Zoom Kobe 1 or the Supreme 7s (YOTD, Cheetah, Del Sol)

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I absolutely love playing in the Kobe 7 supreme (with the play strong insoles).  For me the shoes have the freedom of a low top, and the support and lock down feel of a high top.  The Kobe 8's are like soccer shoes almost, way too light and minimal for me to want to ball in, although I do love running  in them and wearing the Kobe 8's for casual purposes. The Kobe 9's are way too high and clunky, and the collar is stiff.  I have not played in the Kobe X yet, although I am looking forward to trying the elites, as the collar is really thin and minimal.  
Oh yea, the Kobe 7 supremes with the play strong insole are clutch, I still hoop in mine even tho they're beat

I went to try on the Chester elite lows and I was wearing shattered back board 1s. So funny the difference in tech and support from back in the day to now lol.
U really think your aj1s are like anything that released in 85???

Zoom is different than nike air. 1's had nike air in the heel. Not all Retros have the same support or tech.

I know the difference between zoom air and air. I was just asking if the Jordan 1 went from an air set-up to zoom like other of retro Jordan shoes

Lie to yourself all u want

Ok I'm convinced you're a troll but I will take the bait. 85 has nike air. Shattered back board has nike air. That is the only tech in the shoe it's the same thing. The SBB is remastered to the higher mold and the quality is very good. Probably the best quality Jordan in the last 5 years. If you haven't seen and felt these in person don't comment.

Sorry to derail the thread.

i never troll, just because leather is soft doesnt mean its quality, you guys with no textiles backgrounds but constantly wanna say somethin is quality leather kill me

and youre seriously naive if you think the air bag in your 1s are like the air bags in the 1s that came out in 85, jb dont even make retros to hoop in anymore so what makes you think its the same exact pair??

jb stopped makin retros for the court in 2005, my black/red 12s from 03 feel completely different than any of my 12s i got in 2012 "but its the same tech"

how did them orange lows feel doe?

There's no way these are modeled or designed for some cross town rivalry. lol   Nike turning the ball over.

1) Why would you use a color scheme of a rival school?
Ever heard of Jordan 6 "Pistons" or "Lakers"?....I guess those two teams were never rivals of the Bulls back in 91. There's Jordan 8 "Suns" too....

There is already precedent set for Nike/JB for having colorways of rival or beaten teams. 

Last edited:
Ever heard of Jordan 6 "Pistons" or "Lakers"?....I guess those two teams were never rivals of the Bulls back in 91. There's Jordan 8 "Suns" too....

There is already precedent set for Nike/JB for having colorways of rival or beaten teams. 

Leroy Smith 1s, rival person :lol: why do people care so much about the inspiration of colorways?

thats why i asked if dude was serious...didnt think it required a response.

Went to the mall yesterday and convinced myself to try on the Chester's (Is that what they're called? Haven't been really paying attention to shoes in a while man) and I must say, I had the urge to buy them. 
frown.gif
 They look dope on feet, if they go on discount might have to pull the trigger. 

BTW, my list goes for top five models:

8>6>9 low>5>10 elite low 

no matter what justification you want nike to tell you or whatever, that CW concept attaches mr. chester-cheetah to it.  you can convince yourself and others that it's just an orange colorway, or mango, or Halloween thing, or rivalry, but the CW just trigger 'mr. cheetah'. 

regardless, i still think it stems from the fact that the CWs are marketed differently now.  shoes were made to match uniform and 'endorsed' by players. it makes perfect sense to bring out colorways attached to the player's team.  this is why we saw the Lakers CW, but we did not see this release the same way.  my thoughts are the same though;  it's because nike wants to milk every single thing out of the model.  

i dunno how you can attach every single holiday/event/school/etc. etc. to a signature shoe and not release a lakers tone CW.  miss the inlines period. what about the MLPS concept?  the whole 'pain' thing was weak.

Last edited:
I dont like these contrasting toe elites - makes the shoe look like a bell end, I hope they bring out some CWs without this effect.

Back
Top Bottom