Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

I feel like most people fail to acknowledge that Kobe has gone on record multiple times stating that technology and "performance edge" are core elements of his signature line. I personally have bought into that aspect of the Kobe line for the last 4-5 signatures. I am always curious/ excited to test the performance of any new Kobe signature, therefore I am never disappointed in the aesthetic of the unofficial pictures. . . 

does anyone have a legit reason for the 4 stitches on the back of the left shoe? Or if its even the official look.
I was gonna post the surgery pic but thought I'd keep it PG in here 
laugh.gif

Yeah my buddy tore his Achilles and he used to be one of the best ball players I knew - he didn't have the extensive time and world class doctors/facilities Mamba had, so needless to say, he is a shell of what he used to be on the court.

Seeing that scar legit creeps me out man, it's a marvel what Kobe has been doing this year, at his age, with those types of injuries in his past. Granted, some may say he is a former shell of himself, which would be true, but I'll be damned if I was that age and still had that drive after all the accomplishments Mamba has achieved...

if thats the case explain why the 9s had the stitches on the back of both shoes?? Lol
It's just how they did it man.... "The nine red embroidered marks on the heel offer a daily reminder of his pain and path to recovery."

You're overthinking it lol They've moved on to the X and put them in the location of his injury in order to be a bit more "clever" about it. 

It's just how they did it man.... "The nine red embroidered marks on the heel offer a daily reminder of his pain and path to recovery."

You're overthinking it lol They've moved on to the X and put them in the location of his injury in order to be a bit more "clever" about it. 
Not over thinking it but I just think its a stupid look for the back of the shoe especially the x highs! But thanks for your input.

I like the stitching, whether it be on both shoes or just the one ( I kinda like it just on the left shoe better).  IMO, it's something that people will look back on in 15-20 years and will be a pretty defining part of the these shoes & last stage of his career.  

I like the stitching, whether it be on both shoes or just the one ( I kinda like it just on the left shoe better).  IMO, it's something that people will look back on in 15-20 years and will be a pretty defining part of the these shoes & last stage of his career.  
I've figured it out I know why there's 4 stitches in the back, NBA just tweeted Kobe retires in 4yrs, so nike is prob gonna take off a stitch each yr until the XIV where they will be stitchless
nerd.gif

roll.gif

anyways on an actual serious and real note, that part in the song *****s in paris is the only reason I listen to that song

Last edited:
View media item 1346876 my only issue with the x.
the back of the
I hear what you sayin bro! But as far as the look its not good.

So if the shoe goes for $160 are resellers gonna try to stock up and resell for hmmm iunno.....$300??? 
mad.gif

I like the purple 10 low. I like the upper of the elite (not in those colors), it seems to be more flyknit than the 9 elite and I can see it's pattern looking good in different colorways, but that outsole is just ridiculous. Hopefully they let us iD them or they come out with another elite low.

Back
Top Bottom