Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

Finally the Kobe X's official and can say I have had the opportunity to test them out the '5AM Flight/blue lagoon' colourway last month (maybe one of a lucky few in the UK if not worldwide)

Interesting that all of the Kobe X 5AM matching apparel is already on the racks at HoH and NT in London.

I can't wait to lace these up. I love all my 9's but obviously open to improved basketball shoes.

Hope one of our resident performance reviewers on this forum can draw me back in. Nike Free like in the forefoot plus lunarlon, sounds like no impact protection and something that will bottom out quickly. If you are someone who hoops pretty regularly. I know a lot of people buy Kobe's for style, but for those that hoop in them, who wants to have a shoe that is "dead" after a month or so of wearing them?

Last edited:
well it seems like they just did a colorway much like this at the end of the kobe 9's run (lower merion or whatever) and it was pretty much a failure, not very well recieved by anybody.

so why would they do it again (but IMO worse) right out of the gate on the X?

I hope the blue lagoons are an easy cop. I'm all in for those. Nothing else looks appealing to me yet unless I can ID a pair.

I want to see a flyknit mid. The sample IX mid had tons of potential but Nike only released one pair.

Last edited:
"The 5am flight was based on kobe's 40 foot jump after recovering from his ACL injury"

I keep reading this ****, is it really ACL injury???? Aint it torn achilles tendon???

^ :lol: Nike just reaching for stories now

That orange colorway is nice! But **** that, are we getting a Laker colorway? Should be one for every style of the X.

Glad to see more of you make the "turn", lol.

Last edited:
I stopped buying Kobe's after the 8's, but these are really intriguing. I feel like there could be a lot of really nice cw's with these. 

A few notes and responses to posts

- The theme of the shoe is "transparency"/ "Clarity" - so yes a lot of these- prob almost all of them will have transparent/clear outsoles. 

- As for traction, I can't f'ing wait.  From the SI article posted earlier  -

Hundreds of tiny "nodules" make up a new grippy traction in the kobe X.  The nodules, new for a Nike basketball shoe, have proven so traction-oriented that Avar said they had to detune the grippy factor during testing. 

This shoe is going to be an on the court beast - guaranteed

Sorry for the low quality phone pics but......

traction seems like it is going to be durability issue over time.

So I hated this shoe at first, it is growing on me

but I will cop only one CW and will see how the elites/flyknits look first.

Blue Lagoon is the only one ive somewhat liked so far.

I'm worried about yellow soles and courtfeel atm so imma sit back on release and see how we go

Last edited:
Hope one of our resident performance reviewers on this forum can draw me back in. Nike Free like in the forefoot plus lunarlon, sounds like no impact protection and something that will bottom out quickly. If you are someone who hoops pretty regularly. I know a lot of people buy Kobe's for style, but for those that hoop in them, who wants to have a shoe that is "dead" after a month or so of wearing them?

This is the main reason I haven't hooped in a kobe in a long time. I am not a fan of lunar foam. Even less of fan after experiencing boost foam. The zoom has me considering these again but this is def a wait and see shoe for me. Gotta hear from those who've hooped in these before I pull the trigger

Blue Lagoon is a great colorway, it's just such a confusing silhouette to me. Such a sleek, minimal upper and then that kinda awkward looking outsole that seems to balloon out. Don't know what to think yet; because it's the launch colorway, the Blue Lagoons will sell out right away so there isn't much of an opportunity to deliberate.

I think once they start putting prints on the interior mesh part(like the ASG, or the pattern on the Kyrie 1 Dream) we'll probably start seeing some quality designs. It is a little underwhelming at first sight, but I, as many, did not like the 8 at first sight.

It's honestly a relief that Nike is release a sig shoe that is clean. They started getting out hand with the prints on the 8s. then the 9s were such an eye sore beside the elite lows and the unobtainable HTMs.

The specs are appealing. The drop in midsoles are IMO the worst thing to happen to the kobe line.

The price point seems to be the biggest issue with these.

It's honestly a relief that Nike is release a sig shoe that is clean. They started getting out hand with the prints on the 8s. then the 9s were such an eye sore beside the elite lows and the unobtainable HTMs.

The specs are appealing. The drop in midsoles are IMO the worst thing to happen to the kobe line.

The price point seems to be the biggest issue with these.

Back
Top Bottom