Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

Fire & Ice elites?
Where are these names coming from
"Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving and LeBron James receive festive signature sneakers at a time when the hardcourt is heating up and the outdoor temperature is dropping. 

The 2015 Nike Basketball Christmas Collection, split between fire and ice inspirations, features the KOBE X, KD8, KYRIE 2 and LEBRON 13."

Kobe X and KD 8 are the fire, Lebron 13 and Kyrie 2 are the ice. Not the official nickname, just the theme for the Xmas colorways. 

Text from http://news.nike.com/news/2015-nike-basketball-christmas-collection

Last edited:

tumblr_lcb2udRdUE1qehiv0o1_500.gif

Has anyone have a problem with forefoot bottoming out on the X yet?

One of my buddy who I play ball with has a pair of the grey/green elite high, he says the forefoot on his pair after 30-45 min of playing time would cause him pain and he could feel each little squares as if there are no cushioning. He also says if he takes it off and let it sit for 10-15min the cushions would come back. I don't see him every week, but he has been playing in them at least for 4-5 months. I forgot to ask how often he plays in them.

I only played in my mambacurial around 4 times, but sounds like on his pair the cushion gave out.

Has anyone have a problem with forefoot bottoming out on the X yet?

One of my buddy who I play ball with has a pair of the grey/green elite high, he says the forefoot on his pair after 30-45 min of playing time would cause him pain and he could feel each little squares as if there are no cushioning. He also says if he takes it off and let it sit for 10-15min the cushions would come back. I don't see him every week, but he has been playing in them at least for 4-5 months. I forgot to ask how often he plays in them.

I only played in my mambacurial around 4 times, but sounds like on his pair the cushion gave out.
I personally haven't. I'm kind of a bigger guy and haven't had any problems at all. Not to say that I wont have those problems eventually. ​

Now that all 10s have leaked, What is the favourite/best colourway of the line?

Imma go with Five Rings, which Ill hopefully cop. Only have Rose Golds so far.

5 Rings
Rose Golds

Cheetos

If the Mambacurial had its toe box color changed to wolf grey it would've been #1 for me, such a shame

Last edited:
1. HTM pack
2. Grinch iD
3. Fire and Ice '5 Golden Rings'
4. Fundamentals
5. Rose Gold Elite

Back
Top Bottom