Kobe's game 7

Last I checked Kobe has more rings than Shaq, so clearly he didn't need Shaq to win a title

During that timeframe YES Kobe did need Shaq.  

Shaq was a ridiculous, dominant force for the LA Lakers at the start of this century.  Shaq would open up the whole floor for everybody, allowing Kobe to operate as he did.  Teams went into each game/series with the intent of finding a way to slow Shaq as much as possible, which wasn't very possible really.  He was a beast.  Kobe would get doubled a time or two thru the course of a game, mostly when Shaq was out, or a bad defender somehow found his way defending Kobe, but Shaq would get doubled as he was taking off his warmups before opening tip.  He would even see a few triple teams, just for the heck of it. 

I want all you Laker/Kobe fans to keep reading this statement up above and let it soak into your memory so that you never forget it.  Once that happens maybe you dudes will have a better perspective of who and what Kobe really was during his first 3 championships.

They were clearly a 1A, 1B situation, with Kobe maybe being the best 1B we're seen play, but he WAS 1B.  There is zero doubt, there is no downplaying of what Shaq did as a Laker.

In the end, Kobe may go on to have a "better" career then Shaq in terms of final number of titles and what not, career numbers, etc etc etc, but at no point should we as Laker fans try to make Shaq look like anything less then THEE driving force behind our first 3-peat.  He deserves that credit, and always shall. 

Exactly, this is what I've been telling you dudes for the longest on here.  Like I said before, in a team setting, everybody can't be Batman, somebody's got to be Robin, which is was Kobe's role early on in his career.

Batman-Robin-Photograph-C12150175.jpeg

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

Originally Posted by brownsuga1

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

I'm sorry but I just don't understand it anymore with Kobe Bryant.

If you are suppose to be "the Closer of the NBA" then your suppose to hit big shots when it counts right? So how could Kobe Bryant be the best closer in the game? he didn't even have a game winning shot in any of the playoff games. In fact, in that game 6 against OKC He missed the potential game winner, and Pau Gasol closed the game with a tip in, and in game 5 against PHX, he missed another potential game winner, and Ron Artest closed the game with a tip in.

The dispute is not about Kobe Bryant's shooting performance in game 7 against Boston, but the fixations people make of him. Sure it's wonderful that he hit game winners against the Bucks/Heat/Kings/Grizzlies/Raptors (Keep in mind 3 of those teams didn't even make the playoffs) but you also have to keep account of what he failed to do.
Ok, if hes not the best closer in the NBA, then who is? Answer that and I'll shutup in this thread and every other Kobe thread on niketalk.
Lebron, now shut up. 
pimp.gif
LEBRON??? lol. I hope that was sarcasm. I'm not hating on Lebron and saying he's not clutch and what not but HE IS NO WHERE CLOSE WHERE KOBE IS when it comes to being the best closer in the NBA. 
And as for the people discussing Shaq and Kobe in the early 2000's, there is no question it was Shaq's team and that he was the best player on the team, if not the league. Kobe was good but Shaq was another level. 

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

Originally Posted by brownsuga1

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

I'm sorry but I just don't understand it anymore with Kobe Bryant.

If you are suppose to be "the Closer of the NBA" then your suppose to hit big shots when it counts right? So how could Kobe Bryant be the best closer in the game? he didn't even have a game winning shot in any of the playoff games. In fact, in that game 6 against OKC He missed the potential game winner, and Pau Gasol closed the game with a tip in, and in game 5 against PHX, he missed another potential game winner, and Ron Artest closed the game with a tip in.

The dispute is not about Kobe Bryant's shooting performance in game 7 against Boston, but the fixations people make of him. Sure it's wonderful that he hit game winners against the Bucks/Heat/Kings/Grizzlies/Raptors (Keep in mind 3 of those teams didn't even make the playoffs) but you also have to keep account of what he failed to do.
Ok, if hes not the best closer in the NBA, then who is? Answer that and I'll shutup in this thread and every other Kobe thread on niketalk.
Lebron, now shut up. 
pimp.gif
LEBRON??? lol. I hope that was sarcasm. I'm not hating on Lebron and saying he's not clutch and what not but HE IS NO WHERE CLOSE WHERE KOBE IS when it comes to being the best closer in the NBA. 
And as for the people discussing Shaq and Kobe in the early 2000's, there is no question it was Shaq's team and that he was the best player on the team, if not the league. Kobe was good but Shaq was another level. 

I hate everybody in here equally. This is ridiculous, Ill never get in a basketball discussion on NT. This thread reminds me of those ESPN talking sports out of your *%# commercials a few years ag

I hate everybody in here equally. This is ridiculous, Ill never get in a basketball discussion on NT. This thread reminds me of those ESPN talking sports out of your *%# commercials a few years ag

^
laugh.gif
i learned long ago that arguing your point on NT will get you no where, theres too many people on here, too many haters/stans that WILL not quit and will be on your #@+ at any mistake or questionable thing you say.

laugh.gif
at the dude on Brons nuts who crowned him for his 3rd MVP already, stuff like that is so damn annoying. It makes me, and a lot of other people not even want to give our OWN opinion.

Too many people in here that really think they are Nostradamus, and swear they are more knowledgeable than a GM or owner.

Yuku and NT stans are going to be the death of it.

^
laugh.gif
i learned long ago that arguing your point on NT will get you no where, theres too many people on here, too many haters/stans that WILL not quit and will be on your #@+ at any mistake or questionable thing you say.

laugh.gif
at the dude on Brons nuts who crowned him for his 3rd MVP already, stuff like that is so damn annoying. It makes me, and a lot of other people not even want to give our OWN opinion.

Too many people in here that really think they are Nostradamus, and swear they are more knowledgeable than a GM or owner.

Yuku and NT stans are going to be the death of it.

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

I hate everybody in here equally. This is ridiculous, Ill never get in a basketball discussion on NT. This thread reminds me of those ESPN talking sports out of your *%# commercials a few years ago

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

I hate everybody in here equally. This is ridiculous, Ill never get in a basketball discussion on NT. This thread reminds me of those ESPN talking sports out of your *%# commercials a few years ago

Back
Top Bottom