nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

34sphxs.jpg

In the last two weeks, this guy has done more to inspire cynicism and a general mistrust of philanthropy than the Red Cross, (PRODUCT) RED, and Yele combined. 
This is just disgusting on every level. 

How many people who contributed are really going to think, "next time, I need to do more research and be less impulsive" and how many are going to think, "that's the last time I ever donate to charity"?  

If this guy took your money, that's one thing - but don't let him take your courage and your compassion.  Don't let him convince you that you can't make a difference, that caring about others is a weakness rather than a strength. 

Originally Posted by Method Man

In the last two weeks, this guy has done more to inspire cynicism and a general mistrust of philanthropy than the Red Cross, (PRODUCT) RED, and Yele combined. 

How many people who contributed are really going to think, "next time, I need to do more research and be less impulsive" and how many are going to think, "that's the last time I ever donate to charity"?  

If this guy took your money, that's one thing - but don't let him take your courage and your compassion.  Don't let him convince you that you can't make a difference, that caring about others is a weakness rather than a strength. 
But this type of corruption and whatnot makes it hard not to. The people who claim to "Offer a helping hand to those in need" and playing the role of the middle man between you and the cause make it hard for the outsiders looking in to trust the entire situation. I know for a fact it makes it harder for me to trust a person or "organization" who have "intentions" on helping out the lives of others who are less fortunate. 
This guy is a disgust. And it make it worse, he used his own CHILD as bait. He used a young boy from Africa as bait, and a whole country as bait to lure people into buying his story. 

Like, how do you trust people after that? 

Sometimes I feel like I'd rather give my money to the homeless on the street or donate clothes to the Salvation Army to help those who live in my own country before I trust some stranger who "claims" they are going to take my money and put it to good use. I'd rather hand my money over personally, but knowing that in some cases its not that easy pushes me away even more because I don't trust that the people I'm handing my money over to will put it where it truly needs to be. 

thread/

I might have to use this on Facebook great post!

I don't think it will diminish anyone's goodwill. Hopefully it will just teach people who are naive to be more careful.

People are impulsive and quick to jump on bandwagons with everything. Witness how people have turned on Obama for no real good reason, for example.

If this scam can at least teach people to think more independently, it'll do more to improve the world than any amount of money that Kony 2012 could raise.

edit: Why do all the other videos from "invisible children" only have like 2000 views? Even illest gets 100k+ on nearly every video he has.

HE WENT CRAZY CAUSE THIS WENT WAY OVER HIS HEAD

EVEN IN HIS ANDERSON COOPER INTERVIEW HE SEEMED KIND OF "WHOA, WASNT READY FOR THIS..WAS JUST SOME BS DOCUMENTARY" FOR THE WHOLE INTERVIEW

HE SAID HIMSELF HE ONLY EXPECTED THE VIDEO TO GET 10,000 & FEW "DONATIONS"

BECAREFUL WHAT YOU PUT OUT THERE IN THE UNIVERSE THAT SAME ENERGY IS GOING COME BACK 10X FOLD

ALL THE KIDS WHO VIEWED THE VIDEO WAS "14-18" THE YOUTH MADE THE ADULTS FINALLY LISTEN FOR ONCE .....IF CAN WE GET THE YOUTH INVESTED INTO BETTER IDEAS/PROJECTS FOR THE WORLD...PICTURE THAT

I'm gonna quote this on my facebook and link back to this thread/your post. 
Such a shame.

Originally Posted by SuprDuperFly

THEY HAVE A QUICK CLIP OF HIS RECENT ANTICS ON TMZ, THIS MAN IS INSANE.

roll.gif
 at the clip. This was in the middle of the day? 
roll.gif

That man is not sane.

It's sad to see anyone %*%%!$ up like that in the street butterball nekkid. Britney spears all over again.

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

Originally Posted by SuprDuperFly

THEY HAVE A QUICK CLIP OF HIS RECENT ANTICS ON TMZ, THIS MAN IS INSANE.

roll.gif
 at the clip. This was in the middle of the day? 
roll.gif

That man is not sane.
looks like he was doing his impression of Martin Lawrence's breakdown when he was waving his gun in the street.

What else has he done?

Back
Top Bottom