Korryn Gaines, Cradling Child and Shotgun, is Fatally Shot By Police

Man...everybody taking the "race war" bait, and running with it. When it comes down to it this is the 1% manipulating the other 99% into cannibalism, via the media. Turn off the T.V., put your phone down, get off the Internet, and go talk to someone outside...meet new different people, and build.

You should really take your own advice. Read a book, inform your self, maybe do some self reflection.

The only people viewing the current social climate and racial tensions as "race war" baiting are privileged whites content with and benefiting from the status quo, and/or naive, ignorant,.people with their heads up their ***.

Black and brown communities have been dealing with this "race war" for generations. Just because the media has recently exposed you to it, don't project your ignorance and lack of understanding on to others.

Last edited:
This is 2016...it's no longer an issue of race, but rather class. MLK new this back in the 60's. BTW your assumptions are completely off. @@Northoaklandfc

Its an issue of race and class. Don't be naive.

Poor whites still calling black folks of all walks of life ******* and it has nothing to do with class.

You should really take your own advice. Read a book, inform your self, maybe do some self reflection.

The only people viewing the current social climate and racial tensions as "race war" baiting are privileged whites content with and benefiting from the status quo, and/or naive, ignorant,.people with their heads up their ***.

Black and brown communities have been dealing with this "race war" for generations. Just because the media has recently exposed you to it, don't project your ignorance and lack of understanding on to others.

10000% correct.

Race war is a buzz word that only comes from racist white people. That's the type of rhetoric you see in yahoo comments and stormfront.

This is 2016...it's no longer an issue of race, but rather class. MLK new this back in the 60's. BTW your assumptions are completely off. @@Northoaklandfc

No,
northoaklandfc northoaklandfc 100% right. You really do need to inform yourself....and MLK's views were more in line with Malcolm's before he died....white people need to stop holding him up like he was some "all lives matter" activist or something :lol:.

By your post...I'm guessing your white? Don't lie.

Last edited:

The good old "But, but, but it's 2016...." :lol:

You're even more naive than I thought. It's still very much a race issue.

Your ignorance leads you to believe these type of issue are mutually exclusive and can viewed in a vacuum.

Last edited:
LOL. Can't be serious champ. See this is that *** backwards mentality that I was referencing earlier. According to this dude they should have just let Ms. Gained pick the day and time she wanted to turn herself in.....if ever.

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] All I'm Saying Is They Didn't HAVE To Kill Her, They Could've Fellback & Caught Her Another Time. They Let Them Fools In Oregon Hold A Federal Building For Over A Damn Month. It Was A Warrant Over Traffic Violations. What Point Did It Go From Arrest Warrant To This Chicks Has To Die Today

Everything I've seen comes off as her using her kid as some form of leverage, she antagonized what was a very patient cop in the traffic stop, where she was WRONG....she then threatened the 3 cops that cake with the warrant and let off shotgun shots, she also made an IG post during the confrontation asking her damn 5 year old what he wanted to do to the cops....cmon son...this girl wasn't right in the head man....even her moms wanted her to seek help, what I think the cops should have done, was call a hostage negotiator....not swat....she had her kid hostage and that kids life was priority
swats have negotiators

Why do bodycams never seem to work during these incidents?

my heart breaks for this child......

told my lady a couple months ago..

just wait (God forbid....) until they hit a kid.

weeks later it happened.

I HATE to say it, but just wait until they do more damage to a child. :smh:
Tamir Rice

This isn't related to this specific case but I came across this interview today so I'll just post it here. Y'all probably recall that recording recently of a conversation between police about racial quotas. This police officer is now filing a class action lawsuit against the NYPD regarding those racial quotas.

As for the topic at hand, it's sad that another life has been lost and that baby lost his mother. 
mean.gif

With the information available right now I find it hard to judge this case but I am of the firm belief that lethal force should be an absolute last resort option. This probably could have been handled a lot better, especially considering the cops presumably shot the child in the process.

The fact they negotiated for hours is a step in the right direction, but sitting behind a keyboard I can't really say if non-lethal force such as a taser or rubber bullets would be better in this situation.

Last edited:
Cops go to serve warrant, she has a shotgun on her threatening cops, NT still finds a way to be on her side :lol: :smh:
Cops should've just let her do what she wanted, and not worry about the shotgun I guess. Not like they didn't get there at 9am and this happened at 3pm, definitely just a fast event that they planned and did quickly :rolleyes

Seriously guys?

Last edited:
I'm right with yall when it comes to injustice and police brutality, but I don't see it in this case. All I see is a situation that could have ended on a peaceful note. The fact that she had a warrant for a traffic violation makes this even more ridiculous. If she did in fact have the shotgun visible, she did this to herself and her kids man. People can't hide behind their sex, and their children to get out of trouble. This time the cops had the right person, and were at the right address.

It is sad that a mother lost her life, and her kids have to grow up without her, but this was all on her. She had a warrant for missing court on a traffic violation. That seems really petty to use as her way out or to prove some kind of point when it comes to the police. I hope none of these black organizations do any protest about this because all we need is those tea party nuts to have reason to discredit the movement.

So she shot herself and her son?

Get the **** outta my face with this ********

Last edited:
Cops go to serve warrant, she has a shotgun on her threatening cops, NT still finds a way to be on her side :lol: :smh:
Cops should've just let her do what she wanted, and not worry about the shotgun, :rolleyes

Seriously guys?

Chill bro.

She had a gun at her home, which is her right.

Beyond that, we dont know what happened.

Careful reading too much into the "official" POLICE report..

Lady was turning up for no reason and as a result left her children without a mother...tragic story all around she should've just complied sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture life is so precious and this wasn't worth it

Last edited:
Chill bro.

I highly doubt a 5+ hour negotiation had no one around and multiple police just agreeing to kill her and make up things. The women was not right, at all. Let's think about the lives and safety of police for once..

Chill bro.

I highly doubt a 5+ hour negotiation had no one around and multiple police just agreeing to kill her and make up things. The women was not right, at all. Let's think about the lives and safety of police for once..

Did they think of life and safety of the baby they shot? Just wondering.

LOL. Can't be serious champ. See this is that *** backwards mentality that I was referencing earlier. According to this dude they should have just let Ms. Gained pick the day and time she wanted to turn herself in.....if ever.

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] All I'm Saying Is They Didn't HAVE To Kill Her, They Could've Fellback & Caught Her Another Time. They Let Them Fools In Oregon Hold A Federal Building For Over A Damn Month. It Was A Warrant Over Traffic Violations. What Point Did It Go From Arrest Warrant To This Chicks Has To Die Today

If police see and confront someone with an active warrant against them with a gun....let alone a shotgun in hand there is no "let's come back another time" approach champ. Ms. Gaines had her opportunity to deal with her warrant information at a previous time and she chose not to. That's on her.

Also, why are people trying to draw a parallel to this and the standoff in Oregon? While I agree the situation in Oregon definitely should not have gone on for a month. The ONLY way folks can draw a parallel to Oregon and this situation is if the EXACT SAME officers and command staff handled both situations. Not all cops think the same or react the same given what they are dealing with or are given the same orders by command staff.

Back
Top Bottom