Kurt Thomas?

how many forwards do we need?

*sighs*

pay me no mind.....I've been a very disgruntled Sonics fan all of 2007 thus far, aside from getting Durant.
Say Hi to Mickey and Goofy for me Rashard​

our roster is kind of a problem right now. we've got too many players at every position except for the 2-guard. but i think this was an ok move. there really was nobody could have gotten with the trade exception (that i could think of anyway) and thomas's contract is done at the end of the season. either we trade him at the break for something valuable or let him walk and use the money for cap space/free agents. plus we get 2 first round picks. not that high since it'll be from the suns but you never know i guess
Keep the Sonics in SeattleRay& KEVIN& Rashard& Chris& Luke& Earl& Damien & Nick& Johan
Out of towners don't be knowin about the best-kept's/Ain't nothing better than the summer in the NORTHWEST

Well he is also a veteran that can step in and educate, and also of course we did get 2 first round picks. Not to mention that Rashard left us with no options and we were getting NOTHING at all for him. Instead Presti got us two 1st round picks and a veteran power forward that is def an upgrade. Plus he will free up 8 mill a year after next year. Not to mention that I don't think this roster is done evolving yet.

p.s. West can play 2 and so could Durant if necessary.

Team Pacific Northwest​

now we're getting 5 first rounders over the next 3 drafts (i think). me thinks we're gonna be bad for a while. :wow:
embarassed.gif

patience is a virtue.

GO SUPES. :pimp:
pimp.gif
LOVEYOU want them..
not because everyone else does.."

The Sonics are in DEFINITE need of a few 2-guards. The only players we have close to that position are Damien 'can't shoot for @#%$' Wilkins, Wally 'I have to sit out when my hair's messed' Sczerbiak(sp?) and Delonte. Besides Durant, who will the supes heavily rely on offense? If this was our projected starting lineup:

PG Ridnour
SG D.West
SF Durant
PF Greene
C Collison/Wilcox

We don't even have a single player with more than 12ppg besides Wilcox. Until Durant moves into his comfort zone and adjusts to NBA defense, I can see we'll have a hard time putting up 75 points a game. Hopefully Durant will blow up and avg 20ppg. Until then, we're movin into the lottery again next year boys.

hopefully, i still can't believe the supes traded ray away... he still has plenty left in those ankles :smh:
smh.gif

ennnnhh....I cant get behind this move. I mean it wasnt bad in the sense that we used that money on him instead of Tim Duncan or somethin LOL I guess I just see it as a lateral move. Yeah we got the pics from the Suns, but they'll prolly be pretty good the next couple years, which means the picks will be low ones.
I'd rather we made moves for some guard help. Again, not that there are any really stellar guards out there, but I feel like we need to do something to counter act losing a good 50-60pts a game in Ray and Rashard.

Well look at it this way then. Rashard forced our hand, he was GOING to leave us, we were going to et nothing at all. NOTHING. Instead Sam worked a deal where because we could offer a 6th year on the deal we were able to work out a last minute sign and trade deal that in essence nets us a veteran 4 who is a def upgrade on d and two 1st round draft picks. One of which will surely be a really low1st rounder, the other (2010) has a decent chance at being a pretty damn good pick. We also then lose Thomas' contract freeing up 9 million dollars. So this move really can't be looked at as final and ready for grading until that money is used and the picks pan out....or don't.

Rashard is def not worth no 20 mill a year, and we were right not to try and hold on to him. This move was impressive in that Sam, with zero bargaining leverage turned Rashard walking with no return into two picks and an upgrade at 4. That is something.

Team Pacific Northwest​

Quote:
We don't even have a single player with more than 12ppg besides Wilcox. Until Durant moves into his comfort zone and adjusts to NBA defense

Well, last preseason Swift was doing really good, and showed a lot of hustle on the defensive end til he got that season ending injury. At the mean time all he has been doing is getting bigger. I heard swift is near 280. Dude has been hitting the weights like crazy. I believe Rob Swift can really contribute a lot this coming season.

heard same thing, heard he bulked up added some more tat's and cut the mop. Well thank god

Team Pacific Northwest​

I heard last year they were saying Swift was gonna be nice, till he got injured. i wonder why he isnt playin in summer league though. is it because he's still re-habbing, or because they dont wanna risk him getting hurt again in meaningless games like he did last year

and

Quote:
Sam, with zero bargaining leverage turned Rashard walking with no return into two picks and an upgrade at 4. That is something.

hope we can sign mikael pietrius, but i have no idea if our salary cap allows it or if we have enough money for him.. he would fit in as our starting SG and give our team some much needed points

dude from Golden State?
I'd say he's the equivilent of Wilkins....super athletic but no real outside shot or ball handling skills to speak of

if Im thinkibg of the right guy

Quote:
I heard last year they were saying Swift was gonna be nice, till he got injured. i wonder why he isnt playin in summer league though. is it because he's still re-habbing, or because they dont wanna risk him getting hurt again in meaningless games like he did last year
s
Keep the Sonics in SeattleRay& KEVIN& Rashard& Chris& Luke& Earl& Damien & Nick& Johan
Out of towners don't be knowin about the best-kept's/Ain't nothing better than the summer in the NORTHWEST

^ I just heard that on the radio a few minutes ago. Hopefully he'll fufill that promise they saw in him last year

Back
Top Bottom