Kyrie 1

Lol! Bruh all you need is a toothpick.
Screwdriver was more convenient at the time 
grin.gif

They'll drop in price because it's 2015, and people who buy sneakers now are on to the next thing and Nike has a resellers dream K2 in the works.

Dreams are expensive because you guys PAY the ridiculous amounts. It's the only high priced K1 because YOU allow it to be.

They'll drop in price because it's 2015, and people who buy sneakers now are on to the next thing and Nike has a resellers dream K2 in the works.

Dreams are expensive because you guys PAY the ridiculous amounts. It's the only high priced K1 because YOU allow it to be.
Um that's not how it works buddy....You clearly haven't been paying attention to the reselling business. Newer model = older model increased value. Look at the prices of older Lebron's, KD's, Kobe's and the most obvious (drumroll) Air Jordans.

But I do agree with what you said, the reselling business is the way it is because they can get away with it

Um that's not how it works buddy....You clearly haven't been paying attention to the reselling business. Newer model = older model increased value. Look at the prices of older Lebron's, KD's, Kobe's and the most obvious (drumroll) Air Jordans.

But I do agree with what you said, the reselling business is the way it is because they can get away with it
I wonder why Nike don't just make more inventory. If they look at the resell market, they know the demand is there. If they just make more then it's more money for their company. It's not like Nike makes any money from the resell market. 

Last edited:
I wonder why Nike don't just make more inventory. If they look at the resell market, they know the demand is there. If they just make more then it's more money for their company. It's not like Nike makes any money from the resell market. 
It's all a part of the business,they know what they're a doing. Limited shoes generate more hype and demand for the company.

Thankfully Kyries have been in good numbers ....so far.

I dont even know what the 2 looks like, dont go start saying its a resellers dream
Fixed for you.

It's all a part of the business,they know what they're a doing. Limited shoes generate more hype and demand for the company.

Thankfully Kyries have been in good numbers ....so far.
Nike has made just a wee bit more this year but they're also spacing out stock to create the illusion of a "restock" to try and rival resellers.  They had focus groups about this and that's they're biggest pet peeve...resellers (bots/atc).

But you're right in the sense that Nike will start charging resell next year for GRs in hopes to kill resellers. $300 Lebron is on the way.

Last edited:
Of course some of the older models can be had for cheaper, (FB groups, Ebay etc.) Anything can if you look in the right place. I think it can go either way. Sometimes people may not like the design, materials, color. That causes the older models to be more sought after. Along with if it's an older model chances are it may not re release. Resellers capitalize on that.

But like you said, the reason prices of reselling has dropped (Jordan's in particular) is because of Nike pricing sneakers higher. I don't think it's only because of newer models.

Of course some of the older models can be had for cheaper, (FB groups, Ebay etc.) Anything can if you look in the right place. I think it can go either way. Sometimes people may not like the design, materials, color. That causes the older models to be more sought after. Along with if it's an older model chances are it may not re release. Resellers capitalize on that.

But like you said, the reason prices of reselling has dropped (Jordan's in particular) is because of Nike pricing sneakers higher. I don't think it's only because of newer models.
You're absolutely right. 

XVIIs came out and we were like $200!? No thanks.

I think most of us have just reached our roof when it comes to how we're willing to shell out for shoes now.

Gonna hopefully cop the Green Glows in-store next week. That will bring me to 7 color ways (Cool Greys, Brotherhoods, Flytraps, Deceptive Reds, Easters, USAs)......The color ways were all at the worst very solid......bring on the 2s

Kinda over Kyrie 1's now. I have 10 pairs. I refuse to pay 250.00 - 300.00 for Dreams. The last two releases were cool, but meh.

Last edited:
View media item 1724921
rocked them today.

on another note, i've been out of the country and out of the loop, anywhere to grab the green glows for under $90 shipped? I've got a FTL coupon but would rather avoid using it on them if I can

Kd4 galaxy and weatherman are still up there when priced by resellers but I've noticed that they came down this past year. Meanwhile, diff colors released under the same model like the n7 kd4s and aunt pearl kd4 can be had for sub $200 in some fb groups and small time web shops. The hype keeps some resellers lights on but other models collect dust and are then priced to move. I'm talking about nike basketball sig shoes here and not lebron. I see kobe 7s, 8s, 9s and kd 4s, 5s, 6s, and 7s for close to retail in DS condition all the time

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom