Kyrie 1

This thread is probably dead, but damn these things are really starting to pick up dust like crazy on the basketball courts. They are great for the first few weeks, then it starts to go down hill from there. I'm not sure if it's due to poor court management, but I had two pairs experience the same issues - excellent traction out the box for first few weeks, then dust magnets afterwards.

This thread is probably dead, but damn these things are really starting to pick up dust like crazy on the basketball courts. They are great for the first few weeks, then it starts to go down hill from there. I'm not sure if it's due to poor court management, but I had two pairs experience the same issues - excellent traction out the box for first few weeks, then dust magnets afterwards.

This is spot on correct.
I went through a lot of pairs last year as they last maximum 3 month (some a lot less) on the court before traction goes.
You really notice just how poor and run down grip had gone when you break out the next pair.
DR, BHM, Easter, seen me through a season. Austrailias have life still in them as I moved onto the 2's as of last Christmas.

I still have deadstock pairs of DR, Letterman, USA, All Star, Green Glow.

i thought i was the only one... wore my all-star games about 5x on the court before i started slipping like none other. thought it was just the gym being too dusty so i switched over to my kd7's and the traction was still amazing on those. about to sell all my kyrie 1s bc i don't wear basketball shoes for casual wear and it's gonna be collecting dust now that i can't wear these on the court. 

i thought i was the only one... wore my all-star games about 5x on the court before i started slipping like none other. thought it was just the gym being too dusty so i switched over to my kd7's and the traction was still amazing on those. about to sell all my kyrie 1s bc i don't wear basketball shoes for casual wear and it's gonna be collecting dust now that i can't wear these on the court. 
This is spot on correct.
I went through a lot of pairs last year as they last maximum 3 month (some a lot less) on the court before traction goes.
You really notice just how poor and run down grip had gone when you break out the next pair.
DR, BHM, Easter, seen me through a season. Austrailias have life still in them as I moved onto the 2's as of last Christmas.

I still have deadstock pairs of DR, Letterman, USA, All Star, Green Glow.
Ah man, that really sucks cause I really like the shoe too. Might have to save them for casual wear instead and break out the Kobe X's on the court instead. 
frown.gif

Only problem is the Kyrie 1s colorways aren't really considered "casual" wear. The Lettermans, Easters, and USAs pop like crazy 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
just copped a pair of Rises off the bay. finally . been on an Australia's kick lately, its that damn gold heel cup

tough to find 1's these days , on line at least :smh:

Hi guys. Are the kyrie 1s tts or size up? I went .5 up on the kyrie 3s because my tts was snug....

I just bought a pair of Australias. It's my third pair of 1s. I've worn my all stars a few times and I iD'd a pair of the 57 points game(still DD)
I really wish I had iD'd a few more pair. I didn't like the 2s at all. But I'm on my 3rd pair of 3s already..but back to the 1s. I'm going back and buying all the colorways that I slept on

Still have the Letterman, All Star, Deceptive Red, USA, Driveway & Austrailias all deadstock!
Blitzed through my first Deceptive Red, BHM, Easters in one season.
These didn't last long on court. 3 months and they were done.

there was/is a short video of HIM warming up alone b 4 the phnx game last night on nets reddit, couldnt tell what HE had on, thought it looked like 1s but i was all line NO WAI

wrong again

makin me miss this model LIKE MAD !

thanks for posting Public Enemy ! alot !!!!!!!!!

On the way to the airport via the link light rails.

Only to find out, while sitting in the train, flight to Sin Sity was delayed 2 a horas.

Got to SeaTac and Waited in line at The checkin for an hour… only to find out…

E2999D7D-D4B1-4844-B5DC-570F1B17FC13.jpeg

8B2ADFB7-222B-45AC-83AE-85A790BF98C9.jpeg

267F6852-00AF-4142-B02C-A9B18291D7AA.jpeg

Flight was cancelled all together. No refunds for hotel or rental car (dont get it from Fox, ever).

Live and learn. Now gotta live w the burn. But these ky1’s are really good travel/walking shoes when broken in.

Keeheeheeteeehee.

Back
Top Bottom