Kyrie 1

Man....

I just played in these for the first time. I'm not exaggerating when I say it might have been the worst feeling basketball shoe I've ever played in my entire life. So flat and stiff. Terrible traction. Zero cushioning. Felt scared to even make the cuts I wanted to because my foot couldn't even ******* bend.

Shoe looks amazing in person and will look great with joggers. So I think that's what I may stick with doing with these cause I'm scared that these shoes could legitimately cause an injury to me on the basketball court. Nike took a big F on the basketball performance of both the KD's and Kyrie's this year.

Was it your first time wearing them? I'm asking because they honestly do have a break in period. My pair felt HORRIBLE when I wore them the first few times, I even had to take out the insoles. But after a few more wears they're actually decent now, and I can keep the insoles in when I wear them too. I don't ball so I'm sure you know more about the shoe from a performance aspect just a possible suggestion for you.

I don't know what exactly people could like about these things as far as actual performance...they're solid as a damn rock and have zero cushioning to speak of. I'm not sure if the guys that reviewed them played on some prestine gripping courts or what but the one I played on today wasn't too bad yet I was slipping all over the place with the flat sole of this shoe, especially on spin moves.

I got so pissed off after a few games of not being able to do what I wanted on the court cause of the damn shoes that I took them off and played the last game in my Huaraches Runners :lol:

Need video footage of u actually playing ball to decide if ur serious. The shoe can't be as bad as ur explaining.

Only thing I can say is the cushioning isn't all that at all. I don't feel the zoom unit in the forefoot but the Phylon is sufficient for cushioning. As far as the heel slippage I don't have that issue if I tie the sneaker. Obviously there are people in here who don't tie their laces so the slippage will happen.

Traction is on point. Fit is great if u half size up. And the shoe is definitely supportive enough considering the price point.

Only thing I can say is maybe the shoe doesn't fit ur style of play. IMO shoe is built for someone who plays on their toes and happens to drive & cut a lot.

Again all this is just my opinion.

I don't need a PHD to know these are sick. :lol:

View media item 1345694My Sizing Input I'm a 12.

You can go TTS and be good but if you can go .5 up, Then I recommend doing so. Because tounge area is a little snug. I tried a whole size up and there was way too much space. Felt like my foot was swimming but it was locked in place vert well.

Cannot wait to hoop in these in the tommorrow

Last edited:
I don't need a PHD to know these are sick. :lol:

View media item 1345694My Sizing Input I'm a 12.

You can go TTS and be good but if you can go .5 up, Then I recommend doing so. Because tounge area is a little snug. I tried a whole size up and there was way too much space. Felt like my foot was swimming but it was locked in place vert well.

Cannot wait to hoop in these in the tommorrow
Sorry to stalk but can I get a few more shots. I'm feenin man. *scratches under neck*

Was it your first time wearing them? I'm asking because they honestly do have a break in period. My pair felt HORRIBLE when I wore them the first few times, I even had to take out the insoles. But after a few more wears they're actually decent now, and I can keep the insoles in when I wear them too. I don't ball so I'm sure you know more about the shoe from a performance aspect just a possible suggestion for you.

So you had to wear them a handful of times, take the glued insole out for a few wears then put it back in for them to even feel decent?

My point exactly. This is a terrible performing basketball shoe no matter the price point. But at $110 and a signature shoe they should be much better than this. I'm not going to wear a shoe like 10 times before it stops giving me problems and feels somewhat decent. I also drive the ball more than anything so it damn sure doesn't feel better for that playing style.

Last edited:
Went tts and played in em today.. Took two games to break them in but they do start to form to your foot. It hurt a little the first game but once the shoe started absorbing heat from my foot, it began to loosen up. I'd say tts if you like your shoes to form to your foot and half size up if you're fine with extra space at the toe. Its mostly tight at the arch of the foot but like I said, it starts to give in as you play in them more.

As for performance.. Traction traction traction. Thats why id be cautious with going up half size if there's a lot of toe space.. Your foot may slide inside as the shoe sticks to the floor. Lacing system doesn't do so well to keep your foot locked in

Last edited:
That could have been the court but man these shoes fit crazy tight even after I re-laced it really do have to break them in so it could have been that too on the feel. But these are perfect for joggers.
Retail version are tight and need time to break in.

ID are a lot looser and fit a lot more comfortable out of the box.

Played in these for the past couple days coming back from my broken collarbone, everything was great...only complaint is not a lot of cushion and I was slipping a little. Traction is probably great but I'm so used to the Kobe 9s. Still comfortable and a great shoe for the price

I can't wait to see more colors. Im glad the DR are slow to move so far so that I can come back and get a pair just in case I miss out on these all stars.

How long do y'all think these will sit on shelves? Might get them tomorrow or sometime next week if they dont run out :frown:

I don't know what exactly people could like about these things as far as actual performance...they're solid as a damn rock and have zero cushioning to speak of. I'm not sure if the guys that reviewed them played on some prestine gripping courts or what but the one I played on today wasn't too bad yet I was slipping all over the place with the flat sole of this shoe, especially on spin moves.

I got so pissed off after a few games of not being able to do what I wanted on the court cause of the damn shoes that I took them off and played the last game in my Huaraches Runners :lol:

If you're not happy with them, return them and buy a pair of Under Armour Clutchfit Drive. Thank me later. :wink:

Not that mad at price but had Nike done the Regular Orange Nike Box these could have been under $100.00

Decent shoe and fairly comfortable just walkin around in them
But I played in them lastnight and that midsole is gonna take quite a few sessions to properly break in for it to be totally basketball ready
Similar to the d rose 5 which was stiff as a board which feel much better after 3 wears or so, hopefully the kyrie be same after a few wears. The collar was abit stiff as well
I do hope they play better cos I was lookin forward to the bhm CW but if they don't then I'm gonna pass on bhm and probably be done wit the kyrie 1
The overall stiffness of the shoe kinda scared me from doin much when I was playin
I do like the look of the kyrie 1 and again the price is amazingly good. Forgot to add - fit was pretty good as well (TTS) and no heel slippage for me

Last edited:
Decent shoe and fairly comfortable just walkin around in them
But I played in them lastnight and that midsole is gonna take quite a few sessions to properly break in for it to be totally basketball ready
Similar to the d rose 5 which was stiff as a board which feel much better after 3 wears or so, hopefully the kyrie be same after a few wears. The collar was abit stiff as well
I do hope they play better cos I was lookin forward to the bhm CW but if they don't then I'm gonna pass on bhm and probably be done wit the kyrie 1
The overall stiffness of the shoe kinda scared me from doin much when I was playin
I do like the look of the kyrie 1 and again the price is amazingly good. Forgot to add - fit was pretty good as well (TTS) and no heel slippage for me

Yup that's how I felt...the ridiculous stiffness of the shoe scares you from even trying to do much. Then I felt like i was compensating for that too much and my knee buckled in the last game so I just stopped playing.

I need a legitimate shoe to play in, not one that's just going to look good. Are those Clutch Drives really that good? I usually wear low tops and I can't find the Lows anywhere. The Kobe 8 is the last basketball shoe that I've had that I actually like to play in. Zoom Crusaders were decent but overall meh.

Back
Top Bottom