Kyrie 1

Yup that's how I felt...the ridiculous stiffness of the shoe scares you from even trying to do much. Then I felt like i was compensating for that too much and my knee buckled in the last game so I just stopped playing.

I need a legitimate shoe to play in, not one that's just going to look good. Are those Clutch Drives really that good? I usually wear low tops and I can't find the Lows anywhere. The Kobe 8 is the last basketball shoe that I've had that I actually like to play in. Zoom Crusaders were decent but overall meh.
If you want a shoe that is an all-out performance beast, and don't care about how aesthetically unappealing it looks, the Clutchfit Drive is a really, really good shoe. Micro G may even be more comfortable than Lunarlon. Definitely a top-3 shoe on court for me this year.

On topic. Copped the DR's online. Decent enough deal, they're $140 here in Canada. They're actually selling out of a lot of sizes here, which surprised me since Kyrie doesn't have much of a precence in Canada.

Last edited:
If you want a shoe that is an all-out performance beast, and don't care about how aesthetically unappealing it looks, the Clutchfit Drive is a really, really good shoe. Micro G may even be more comfortable than Lunarlon. Definitely a top-3 shoe on court for me this year.

On topic. Copped the DR's online. Decent enough deal, they're $140 here in Canada. They're actually selling out of a lot of sizes here, which surprised me since Kyrie doesn't have much of a precence in Canada.

Do you think it'll feel weird wearing a shoe that high with me being used to lows for basketball though? You have the Kobe 8's in your avy so I'm guessing we would have similar taste in how a performance shoe should feel.

Do you think it'll feel weird wearing a shoe that high with me being used to lows for basketball though? You have the Kobe 8's in your avy so I'm guessing we would have similar taste in how a performance shoe should feel.

They make them in lows. They only had one color way release but sold out. Not sure when they'll release more lows just subscribe to the UA thread for updates.

not at all.. ive played in the kobe 4's all the way up to his current line now and switching between those, hyperdunk 2011 and '13, the adidas rose and now the clutchfit drives, is a breath of fresh air. You get more support with the mids and the cushion is amazing. You just have better range of motion with lows.. thats all. You get more confidence with you ankles too. Its a nice change of pace.

All I know is that performance wise the last year of Nike Basketball shoes has been ******* terrible. Especially for their signature athletes. Honestly wish Durant went to UA.

All I know is that performance wise the last year of Nike Basketball shoes has been ******* terrible. Especially for their signature athletes. Honestly wish Durant went to UA.

I agree I wish he would of signed with them too. UA is gonna be a big player in the shoe game just like how they took over football equipment.

Last edited:
I agree I wish he would of signed with them too. UA is gonna be a big player in the shoe game just like how they took over football equipment.

Never will happen my go blue friend. For one football was left for the taking, thus allowing UA to enter that realm. They make athletic performance gear. There's no way they've found any new tech that would allow them to surpass anyone on the shoe front. However I do agree with a point you make about UA in general gaining ground and becoming respected for more than apparel. They're shoes aren't appealing enough to cross over into casual wear. Adidas would be the once to catch nike before UA. Go blue

I like the look of these but its too much style over substance for me, OK they are cheap and I dont care about the GR tag but if they dont do the business on court then im gonna pass, I have too many retro jordans and the like to be coppin more "lifestyle" shoes. Im not paying buyin a pair of shoes that will make me appreciate my hyperdunks for the "performance" they give.

Played in them at the gym this morning. Took about 15-20 min to break in and after that they felt great imo

I don't ball so I don't care much about performance on court, aesthetic wise UA is garbage. Their on court designs need to cross over into streetwear, which they are not doing.

Football is a little different - people don't wear football pads, or their cleats out, so people will buy the product based on performance.

Until UA's design team can create an on court, lifestyle/streetwear type hybrid they will have issues with basketball

Last edited:
Can't wait for my DRs to get here!  Already have the Dreams and planning on grabbing the BHMs next week.  This shoe is awesome!

I don't ball so I don't care much about performance on court, aesthetic wise UA is garbage. Their on court designs need to cross over into streetwear, which they are not doing.

Football is a little different - people don't wear football pads, or their cleats out, so people will buy the product based on performance.

Until UA's design team can create an on court, lifestyle/streetwear type hybrid they will have issues with basketball

They're a performance brand.. Why would they care about lifestyle/streetwear? They need more signature players to give their brand more exposure.. Not crossover designs

Back
Top Bottom