L.A. Gear Making a comeback

so will any nt'ers cop l.a. gears?

BEVERLY HILLS, CA, July 29, 2008 - Top indie retailer Sportie LA and LA Gear-owner ACI are teaming up for a relaunch of the LA Gear brand, with productexpected in select stores by mid-September. SLAM, Sportie LA's content and marketing eGency, is overseeing marketing and promotion for the endeavor, whichfocuses primarily on late 80s product.

For the initial launch, ACI and Sportie LA are bringing back many of LA Gear's signature styles, while updating some colors and materials. Among thosestyles re-emerging are the Fire High (known for its fiery emblem), the Star Shooter High (B-ball on the tongue), and the K.A.J., which will update the classicKareem shoe with a striking metallic silver and gold combo. In its second phase, the team will bring back the LA Lights, a trademark of the period, which willbe available in kids, mens, and womens sizes.

OMG

Yo the Fire High would be the greatest sneaker comeback.

I'm definitely looking forward to this

I remember when they had issues with the "lights"....the switches in the shoes contained mercury.....

I picked up some deadstock vintage LA Gears awhile back.
Ive sold about 10 pairs already and I have about 10 pairs left for sale in my eBay Store
Here are a couple pics and as always feel free to make me an offer ;-)

^^ those highs look much better than the lows...
anyway...as a consumer,i hope they do come back with something good...

I remember when they signed Ron Artest and Luke Walton as their posterboys
laugh.gif

In the meanwhile, the good folks at Goodfoot are sitting their collective behinds on the Ewing brand and doing nothing........

the la tech joints were crazy, i never had a pair though. i remember my homey spent his whole summer youth check on like three pairs, i dont know if i'llwear of blinking kicks at 25 years old

Quote:British Knights already tried & failed. I gotta disagree with you on that one, they tried re-releasing them back in 2003 and did a horrible job therecent line of retro's from british knights are REAL good, quality is on point, and they are dead on to the original's nike could take a few pointersfrom british knights ill get some good pics up of the retro's

Back
Top Bottom