[l --NT, What do you think of my schedule?--l]

prem092

Banned
I just got finish getting my recommendations for 2008-2009 school year.

this is what i signed up for:
-AP Eng. 11
-AP Biology
-AP Pyschology
-Algebra II
-Geometry
-Speech & Debate

what do you think? has anyone taken these classes before or something similiar, b/c a little insight would be greatly appreciated.

Geometry and Algebra II in the same year? Not sure how that would work. I took Algebra II after Geometry.

yeah how are you taking geometry and algebra II in the same year
i still commend you for your work effort though
pimp.gif

i'm going to the 11th grade.

EDIT: i have to take algebra II & geometry @ the same time because my counselor said, "you barely passed Algebra with a 189 on the EOC, i'mputting you in Tech. Math". so now i have to take two maths next year & i think my senior year as well.

every school is diff but damn thats a little late for alg 2 and geo IMO.. I took both 9th grade. Then again, we took Alg 1 in 8th grade, and I was on doubleblock sched in 9th.
but yea, pretty good strength of sched. it trips me out though when i read about people taking 8 AP classes in a year. EXPLETIVE!

Originally Posted by PREM092

i'm going to the 11th grade.

I can't really comment much on the other classes (I'm a HS freshman
embarassed.gif
) I can comment on the math though I'm taking pre-calc and AP Statisticsnext year (10th grade) and all I will say is make sure you study study study one day absent from a math class can really mess you up
laugh.gif

Anything you need to know about the math I gotcha.

Don't slack and work extremely hard.
Great schedule BTW.

AP English sucks, and I've heard AP Bio isn't that great either... don't know about Pyschology.

^ thanks Droopy.

hey, what do you recommend i take senior year? i was thinking i might take trig or calc.

we don't go to your school buddy, no one on NT can help you each school is different.

Well Trig would be the next place to go.
Basically if Algebra 2 is very easy to you when it is over then go for Calculus, but if you had some trouble then go for Trigonometry.

yeah im going into 11th grade too.. this is what im signing up for

va/us history 1
english 11
psychology
AP enviromental studies.
german 3
film studies.

im not sure what maths im taking, im failing geometry right now (dont ask) so im gonna have to take 2 maths either next year or senior year, in order for me toget an advanced diploma.so i might not take film studies as my elective idk we'll see.

BTW you have a good schedule. smart %%$..
frown.gif

@*+?
You don't know what English is? You don't know what Psychology is? Biology? Algebra? Geometry? Speech? Take off all those classes immediately. Otherthan that, ask your counselor and not some strangers on the internet to tell you what's good for you in high school.

Originally Posted by Lil Cao

@*+?
You don't know what English is? You don't know what Psychology is? Biology? Algebra? Geometry? Speech? Take off all those classes immediately. Other than that, ask your counselor and not some strangers on the internet to tell you what's good for you in high school.

indifferent.gif
, i know what the classes are. i'm not asking "yo,%*# is English i never heard of that" i'm asking about what kind of work am i looking towards. what kind of projects, etc.

laugh.gif

Ok well in AP english, expect longer essays and research papers than general english. Aim for an A in all your AP classes and that counts as 5 instead of 4 onyour gpa. I had AP bio in the beginning of the year but I dropped it cause *!%+ was so confusing and too much to learn. It's much more heavy work thanregular bio or science. I have regular psychology, AP psychology I don't know. Usually AP classes are more heavy work load so make sure you can handle allthat.
Algebra II and geometry at the same time?? I really hate math so I can't comment that (for the 4 years of math I took in high school I haven't learned*!%+, I'm in AP stats right now)
Speech and debate sounds fun

Ap english is hella easy.
secondly, thats not as OD as some crazy kids i knew, but they are in ivy league schools now so it makes sense.
lets see, my 11th grade year;

AP english
IB Math
AP/IB Geography
AP/IB Environmental
AP Spanish
and some other crap.
it wasnt really that hard. not knocking on you, or trying to compare, but geography at the 11th grade isnt very advanced.

-AP Eng. 11
-AP Biology
-AP Pyschology
-Algebra II
-Geometry
-Speech & Debate
grin.gif

Most of these are required classes right ?
So what's the question ? Whatever we say ... you'll still have to take them .

Take Trig over Calculus .

AP Bio ... more work + more in-depth than regular bio .
AP Eng ... ehhh , never took this , had Honors though . Expect more novels .
Algebra II ... ehhh , difficult if you don't learn the formulas .
Geometry ... again easy if you learn the formulas .
Speech & Debate ... never taken .

Any more questions ?

it wasnt really that hard. not knocking on you, or trying to compare, but geography at the 11th grade isnt very advanced.

i'm not taking geography.
laugh.gif

I'm also going to 11th grade next year and I thought I'd share:
English Honors 5-6
AP Physics
AP U.S. History
AP Calculus
Chinese 3
P.E.
laugh.gif

Next year is gonna be gloomy
smh.gif

Originally Posted by IRAPTHOUGH

-AP Eng. 11
-AP Biology
-AP Pyschology
-Algebra II
-Geometry
-Speech & Debate
grin.gif

Most of these are required classes right ?
So what's the question ? Whatever we say ... you'll still have to take them .

Take Trig over Calculus .

AP Bio ... more work + more in-depth than regular bio .
AP Eng ... ehhh , never took this , had Honors though . Expect more novels .
Algebra II ... ehhh , difficult if you don't learn the formulas .
Geometry ... again easy if you learn the formulas .
Speech & Debate ... never taken .

Any more questions ?

of course.
laugh.gif

what school has the best program for peoplemajoring in business, and can you tell me a more specific major than "business" it'd be appreciated.

i'm looking to do something like advertising, working w/ computers (computer programming), and making products.

Back
Top Bottom