La La Land (2016) starring Ryan Gosling & Emma Stone

Saw the movie last night, it was really good. Had me pondering about my life. :smh:

I never enjoy musicals, but I loved this. Surprised the hell of of me.

Gosling.:pimp:

Ending had me all in my feels.

Last edited:
Glad to hear folks are enjoying the film. My wife wants to watch it again but theres other films I want to watch (Dr. Strange & Rogue One)

Im not a big fan of musicals myself. But if I may suggest 1 other to harlemtothebronx harlemtothebronx and AgentZero AgentZero check out 7 Brides for 7 Brothers (1953) .

The cinematography is nowhere near as good as La La Land but the story itself is good, the music is great as is the choreography. Super catchy and melodic. Theres a great Barn Scene where they dance, sing and a 7 on 7 fight lololol.

View media item 2296394

Glad to hear folks are enjoying the film. My wife wants to watch it again but theres other films I want to watch (Dr. Strange & Rogue One)

Im not a big fan of musicals myself. But if I may suggest 1 other to @HarlemToTheBronx and @AgentZero check out 7 Brides for 7 Brothers (1953) .

The cinematography is nowhere near as good as La La Land but the story itself is good, the music is great as is the choreography. Super catchy and melodic. Theres a great Barn Scene where they dance, sing and a 7 on 7 fight lololol.

Thanks for the rec! Might have to check that out, I've been needing to expand my horizons.

Im not a big fan of musicals myself. But if I may suggest 1 other to harlemtothebronx harlemtothebronx and AgentZero AgentZero check out 7 Brides for 7 Brothers (1953) .

View media item 2296394

7 Brides for 7 Brothers is a gat damn classic.

I REALLY enjoyed La La Land. I liked everything about that movie. I could actually see it again at theaters and I NEVER do that.

But the greatest musical of all time is Sound of Music. Grease is also fantastic.

With all the awards this movie has won I'm starting to think it's gonna be better than grease

Peeped yesterday with the wife. Gorgeous film. Almost fired it up on Kodi but thought I should give it a few days. Definitely worth a look if you're on the fence. IMDB put it on their 250 greatest films of all time.

yeah im not a fan of musicals and i really enjoyed this movie.

i thought the ending was perfect too

yes it was, camera doesn't cut until emma looks at ryan in her rearview mirror

nah breh you got played. Its actually a combination of three shots. Everytime the camera did a quick-pan (twice) was a cut, they just edited so it was made to look like one take.

Bro it's not one take :lol: This isn't the first time editing can make things look like a single long-tracking shot. The movie Birdman was shot entirely like this! It's 3 cuts, at least.

The opening scene was so tough. So fluid.
nthat.gif
Im hurt that it wasnt a single take
I need info on the camerawork on the shot with the free runner. That **** blew my mind.

Great scene. Still a feat even though they hid a couple cuts. I think there were only two or three cuts in the whole scene. Considering the complexity of the performance, that's pretty amazing.

SIDENOTE: Movie reminded me a ton of 500 Days of Summer. Especially the closing sequence.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom