**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I'll be the first to admit that I was NOT a fan of Randle at the start of this season.

Yeah he's improved a lot.

But I'm not completely on the HYPE train like a lot of dudes are on him right now here in this thread and how ESPN 710AM is saying dude is a completly different player compared to last year.

Main reason is dude still has mental lapses and still fumble's and loses the ball way to much when playing point forward or driving to the hole to finish.

The game against the Mavs last week I counted and watched 3 straight possesions in the 4th quarter where he lost the ball and then came down and was called for a offensive foul on a moving screen.

Last edited:
How about D'Angelo?

Essential was one of the most pissed off people on this thread when the Lakers drafted him at #2 instead of Okafor. He went on a rant for a good week saying how it was the wrong pick and move for the franchise.

We've been over this before. And I talked about why, and what changed my mind within the 2-3 weeks between draft night and the first couple summer league game.

But assume you have a Gotcha moment if you want.

Had we drafted what I thought on draft night though.... Yikes.

Last edited:
I was excited when Randle fell to us 3 years ago and after last season I was disappointed.  After last season I was convinced that his lack of explosion was only going to make him be a nice rotation player.  He seemed to have very little touch around the rim, couldn't seem to consistently finish strong and defensive length always gave him problems.  Plus he was a matador on defense. I was wishing him and Larry Nance Jr. could combine into one super power forward because if you take Randle's skill set and Nance's off the charts athleticism... you have a potential NBA star.  

This season so far Randle has improved a lot more.  Walton's vision of him being a Draymond Green type of player seems like a great plan.  He may never be a explosive athlete but he has an extremely high basketball IQ which is evident in his new passing ability and court vision.  He will continue to improve. He has a really good handle, his jump shot is improving and he is definitely getting better at finishing around the rim. 

Yeah, I'm creeping back on the Randle bandwagon. Loved him at UK, loved him coming to us, got real disappointed real quick when it seemed like he had 'arrived' and was content with that. Constantly going left, taking ill-advised shots, barely moving his feet and maintaining position on defense... but all that has changed with Walton.

Randle in college was a garbage work type player- he was going in the paint and just bullying people getting his own rebounds and putting up multiple shots in the paint.

He hasn't had to take many jumpers this season but he's making the right passes finding the right guys when he drives, and just has confidence through the roof!

Randle gonna add that jumper no doubt....

Forget draymond, I think randle can be a better player than Blake

:lol: at barkley.

Not Barkleys ceiling, Randle will never be an MVP. But there are def similarities in their style of play. Can board and take it coast to coast. Bullies in the paint. Not devastating jumpers but will dunk on you. undersized. Solid on the block. Iffy shooting. Not rim protectors or the greatest defenders, but they absolutely clean the glass

So to tally up:

Steph x Harden at PG
T-Mac off the bench
Barkley at PF

We midas whale plan the parade now.

I would never say that X player will never be MVP..2 completely different types of players but Im sure plenty of people were saying year 2 Steph Curry would never win MVP...

What Randle needs to do is make his jumpshot automatic. I clearly remember MVP season Karl Malone's jumper being money all the time. The pick and roll/ pick and pop with him an Stockton was unguardable because Malone's jumper was wet all the time. If Randle can get there then and him and Russell can work that :x

This and I need a Hardwood Classics Ingram jersey. Ive obviously seen those jerseys a million times over the years, but there's just something about them now. Wish we'd go back to them permanently :pimp:

I went in Meats Sporting goods store yesterday's and they had the Magic and Kobe 8 throwbacks there. Almost copped on the spot. I agree they are so much cleaner than our current jerseys, imagine a Sunday white in the old school font my goodness.

Would you guys make a trade for Embiid ?

I doubt Philly gives him up now since he's played well so far.

Would you guys make a trade for Embiid ?

I doubt Philly gives him up now since he's played well so far.

Who are you willing to give up for him? They'd probably want D'angelo+filler or a pick. I'd rather role with what we got. The smart move would've been to trade for him before he was a known commodity. I'd like to see if we can get Willy Cauley-Stein.

Embiid is so good it's ridiculous. If Bill Self wasn't such an *** he would've been even better than he was out of college. Cats tried to laugh at me when I told em he was as good if not better than KAT coming out of college too. So happy that he's past those injuries.

Back
Top Bottom