**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I like Randle with this team going forward. He's a luxury to have off the bench.
you ok paying him 15mil + to come off the bench?

2nd round pick. To bad he couldn't do what they drafted him for which was make 3's & play defense.
he played ok defense, just never hit shots, wide open shots.
Hart>>>>brown
hart been my guy...nba ready build, shot been falling too.
kcp and brewer solid vets to learn from for him

It’s funny to me that 4 years guys get drafted low and Kuzma and Hart both play well. Folks get caught up in one and domes and I think guys that stick around still have a place in this league.

I want KCP gone...now.

Thought you guys would enjoy this response I posted in a really good sports group I'm in on FB.

Kobe related discussion, and someone had mentioned him being a ballhog. I replied "29th on the all time assists list, though. *shrug*

They asked "29th in assists? And where's he at in scoring again?"

My response:

Oh, he's 3rd all time in scoring. The only 2 in front of him are Karl Malone at 2 at Kareem at 1.

Now... where are Kareem and Karl in terms of all time assists? Kobe is 3rd in scoring and 29th in assists, but we're calling him a ballhog, so how much of a ballhog were the 2 people in front of him? #1 and #2 in scoring, but what about passing?

I looked at a top 50 all time assists list. Kareem is 41st, Karl is not on it.

So...
- #1 in points is #41 in dimes
- #2 in points is not even top 50 in dimes
- #3 points person is #29 in dimes

And the #3 person is often compared to Jordan. Whether you disagree with that or not, I'm sure you're aware that it happens. Well, Jordan is 4th in scoring... and 43rd in dimes. Kobe is 29th in passes, Jordan is 43rd. Do you consider MJ a ballhog?

In fact, besides Kareem and Kobe, the only other person to play 20 seasons and be top 50 in both scoring and assists... is Kevin Garnett, (17th in points and 48th in assists). Do you consider KG a ballhog?

Real shame of it, the achilles really ruined his chances at some really insane numbers. Obviously he already has great numbers, but he was on pace, if he could have just finished out his career in a healthier manner, maybe only missing a game or two here or there for rest purposes, rather than rehabbing and injuring other parts of his body, he would have, EASILY, been able to reach 35,000 points, and 7,000 assists. That would have put him near 15th all time in assists, and still be 3rd all time in points.

The only other player gonna reach those marks, is LeBron.

Like I said, 33,000 and 6,000 is still only a one person club (Bron will join that soon), but 35K, 7K is just absurd, and Kobe would have been the first member, if not for his last 3 seasons of 140+ missed games, not to mention games he left early or didn't play second halves, etc because of all the injuries he added after the achilles. :smh:

I'm all for keeping Randle, he's a bully in the paint. I think he is worth 15 Mill, he's a serviceable player.
Clarkson is a poor man's sixth man, just has tunnel vision and isn't a knock down chucker like jamal/louwill.
Sad that they'll be part of a Deng trade to clear cap.

Luke has too many bullets but only 3 guns.
His rotations are crap as Randle should have been back with 8 mins left in the 4th.
Sometimes he plays the hot hands for too long and they get tired. Sometimes he takes out a hot hand he took Kuzma out one game when he was 5/5 with 5 mins left in the 1st.
This team is crazy talented but if Luke were were a chemist, the lab is blown up.

I'm all for keeping Randle, he's a bully in the paint. I think he is worth 15 Mill, he's a serviceable player.
Clarkson is a poor man's sixth man, just has tunnel vision and isn't a knock down chucker like jamal/louwill.
Sad that they'll be part of a Deng trade to clear cap.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Kobe at #29 on the all time career assists list is primarily because of his role during the 3 peat years with Shaq.

I mean it's been well documented over the years that he was the facilitator who setup and ran the triangle offense and played the point forward position that basically Scottie played for the Bulls.

If you go back and watch the games from that era you see it's Kobe setting up guys like Shaq, Horry, Fox, Fisher, Shaw for key shots in games.

Fast forward to the back to back championship years he was setting up Pau, Odom, Bynum, Ariza, and Fisher with key shots.
Or maybe he just played for 20 years

I'm a Randle fan, but I'd sit down for a long time and think what team is going to offer $15M to start for him before I just say "Nah, let's let him go."

Trading Randle will def suck

But it probably has to happen if FO wants big FAs and we’re stuck with cot damn Luol Deng

Realistically who outside of Brooklyn, Philly, and Dallas could even offer him a deal around $15 mil?

Just want to fast forward the season to the trade deadline.... then be disappointed again :lol:

The fandom of a losing franchise BLOWWWWSSSSSS

Back
Top Bottom