**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

If we look at the new James teammates who have beaten expectations in Cleveland, it's almost exclusively players with low usage rates. Just one of the nine to match or beat their projections (Smith) was forecast for above-average usage, and their average projected usage rate was 15.8 percent.

To some extent, this is a natural outcome. Part of the metric calibration I mentioned above is valuing the tradeoff between usage and efficiency. This relies on measuring the average extent to which players get less efficient in smaller roles, but each individual has a different degree of sensitivity to how much they're being asked to do on offense. Star players are valuable precisely because they see less drop-off than role players in smaller roles. At the same time, they benefit less in terms of efficiency from playing alongside a high-usage teammate like LeBron.

Still, these results seem to offer an important takeaway for any team that signs James this summer (including the Cavaliers). While some additional shot creators are necessary, particularly in a playoff setting, any team with James must be careful not to invest too many resources on players who are best with the ball in their hands. Instead, the focus should be on finding role players whose games will mesh well with LeBron's.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ilbag-does-lebron-james-make-teammates-better

Usg%

Zo 17.4
Kuz 22.5
Ingram 22.2
Randle 25.3

Kindly stay the **** away from my team Bron Bron. Thanks

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ilbag-does-lebron-james-make-teammates-better

Usg%

Zo 17.4
Kuz 22.5
Ingram 22.2
Randle 25.3

Kindly stay the **** away from my team Bron Bron. Thanks

Regardless if LeBron's tendency to dominate the ball he still had the Cavs as a top 5 offense in the league (we we're 22nd).

Also, I tend to believe the reports that LeBron wants to play off ball more. It'll help preserve his body. The only reason he's probably playing this way is because he has no other good ball handlers or anyone we can consistently create their own offense. Notice he didn't play this way when he was playing with Wade and Kyrie.

34 year old with 2 billion miles making all of our young guys either trade bait or spot up shooters and then 2 years from now having to start all over.

No thanks.

Unless you can guarantee me we get Bron, George, Kawhi and keep Randle, I'm good on pursuing him.

*Lebron puts up damn near a 50 point triple double in the NBA Finals against quite possibly the greatest NBA team of all time*

"But how will this effect Julius Randle?"

Regardless if LeBron's tendency to dominate the ball he still had the Cavs as a top 5 offense in the league (we we're 22nd).

Also, I tend to believe the reports that LeBron wants to play off ball more. It'll help preserve his body. The only reason he's probably playing this way is because he has no other good ball handlers or anyone we can consistently create their own offense. Notice he didn't play this way when he was playing with Wade and Kyrie.

His usg for the season is the same as when Kyrie was there and when he was in miami, at times it was even higher than now when he was with Kyrie and wade. Notice Kyrie didn't want to play with him. Wade is the one who deferred, not Bron. He can say what he wants, he's not capable of playing off ball. And he has too many records to chase for me to believe he's even willing to

*Lebron puts up damn near a 50 point triple double in the NBA Finals against quite possibly the greatest NBA team of all time*

"But how will this effect Julius Randle?"

Yes, because we'll just add another 100+ games, 3,000+ minutes, and ask him to keep putting up 51/8/8, in losses to a far superior team

And then do it again the next year.

And the next.

Because that's totally going to keep happening. He'll play the same at 34, 35, 36 while adding those 300+ games and 9,000+ minutes without any falloff.

Sounds reasonable.

Honestly the finals can sway his decision. Imagine he wins and he’s like f it I did everything for Cleveland I’m out. Or he can change his mind and want to stay. He can lose to the warriors and change his view and want to join the rockets or run east with 76ers and just start brand new with the Lakers. So many possibilities and we’re almost there. July 1st can’t come any faster
hes not playing for dan gilbert anymore regardless of what happens in the finals

His usg for the season is the same as when Kyrie was there and when he was in miami, at times it was even higher than now when he was with Kyrie and wade. Notice Kyrie didn't want to play with him. Wade is the one who deferred, not Bron. He can say what he wants, he's not capable of playing off ball. And he has too many records to chase for me to believe he's even willing to

But he keeps winning and taking his team to the finals. Some of y'all are weird, you know would rather have a bottom 10 offense then a top-five offense just because you're worried about Kuzmas and Zos usage rate.

Yes, because we'll just add another 100+ games, 3,000+ minutes, and ask him to keep putting up 51/8/8, in losses to a far superior team

And then do it again the next year.

And the next.

Because that's totally going to keep happening. He'll play the same at 34, 35, 36 while adding those 300+ games and 9,000+ minutes without any falloff.

Sounds reasonable.

Yeah I'd rather make the WCF and lose and at least compete.

Y'all would literally rather win fewer games and potentially miss the playoffs than have LeBron and compete for titles.

But he keeps winning and taking his team to the finals. Some of y'all are weird, you know would rather have a bottom 10 offense then a top-five offense just because you're worried about Kuzmas and Zos usage rate.

So much wrong in such a short post

Yay, 2 years of playoffs "competing". Yippee.

I rather build long term top to bottom and make runs for the next several years.

Would you rather not compete for the next two years? Lol. Adding LeBron (and presumably PG) only helps the young guys develop. They'll learn from one veteran all-nba players and get big game experience.

Adding LeBron only helps our team and if were able to move Deng, it likely won't cost us Randle either.

Also, as has been said before, we see that the Warriors are mortal. By adding Paul George and LeBron along with the young guys improving who's to say we can't compete with them next year. Only one team in the history of basketball has ever made it to the finals five consecutive years, and you can already see this Warriors team starting to wear down. I think you're making a pretty big presumption by saying we get smashed by the rockets and warriors even if we have LeBron and Paul George.

giphy.gif

Nah, we ain't doing this again.

Who said we don't want to compete? Who said the Lakers we're a bottom 10 offense? Who said we don't want to add any free agents or upgrade the roster? I need answers..

Who said we don't want to compete? Who said the Lakers we're a bottom 10 offense? Who said we don't want to add any free agents or upgrade the roster? I need answers..

Honestly, I think if we just add Paul George and bring the rest of the team back and have better injury luck we're looking at a 45-47 which is fighting to make the Playoffs in the West. Don't get me wrong, I still love to watch that team and still be a lot of fun to watch the young guys progress but we wouldn't exactly be competing for anything.

Adding LeBron to that equation changes everything, in my opinion. We'd go from fighting for playoff spot to potentially a 60-win team.

You're presuming we get both.
You're presuming we get rid of Deng.
You're presuming we could keep Randle.
You're presuming the Warriors/Rockets wouldn't still be better than us.
You're presuming Bron suffers no fall off at age 34-35-36.

You seein the issue(s) yet?

At least if we get lebron we can 1) cheer for the lakers to win and if they do we are happy or 2) still be happy if lebron loses again in the playoffs/finals. Win win.

lol

There are a lot of presumptions there. Going from a 35 when team to a potential title Contender takes a lot of moves in many things going your way. That being said, I'd rather shoot for the stars and try and feel that title contending team than not.

PG, Randle, Brook and backup point guard
50 wins next year if healthy
Excitement watching young core develop

Bring in Lebron everyone will stand around and be spot up shooters.......IF he hasn’t had them traded before training camp

Nance and Clarkson were a combined 1-5, 4 pts in 24 minutes. Magic and Palinka really saved us with that trade.

Back
Top Bottom