**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Wow I’m in disbelief. I can’t even process this.

There will never be another athlete or individual like Kobe. Who has that grit, determination, mamba mentality. Lost a legend today. I don’t think I’ll ever accept it man

This day is absolutely terrible. My brother was in town, I needed to give him a hug and I cried for a good few minutes. Told him I love him and apologized. Kobe meant so much to me. Those last few years, I made it a point that I was watching every minute. Because without league pass as a kid, Lakers games were tough to come by for like 75% of the season. I remember how excited I was every single time I saw the Lakers were the 10:30 game on Friday because I was locked in. I remember how crazy I was going watching Game 7 in 2010 in my room by myself. On the day of his last game I was watching Muse and still as a grown *** man reenacting a buzzer beater for Kobe, and who knew he would give me something even better.

Also to everyone in here, I love all of you. Even though I’m not in here anymore. No matter what disagreements were ever had. I truly mean that. I love you guys.

the only game I got to see of Kobe.

ECBC1F1E-85E1-4141-94CA-87164C9752F2.jpeg

RIP to my idol!

Man one of my most personal memories was in all the years and games I caught Laker games and watched Kobe live at Staples was 2006 1st round playoffs Game 4 when he hit the game tying and winning shots against the Suns.

One of my best friends who was with me that day it was his first and only time he caught a Laker game and saw Kobe live at a game.

My friend was a huge Nick Van Exel and Shaq fan and now is no longer a Laker fan since Kawhi signed with the Clippers last summer.

It's all good though and we're still friends.

Man people hitting me up has been crazy and everyone knew my fandom for the Lakers and Kobe.

Life is too short to have small gripes or small arguments with people that love you. Time on Earth is short and there's just days where you can bum around or make something as tomorrow isn't guaranteed.
People who bring you down eff them and don't use wasted energy for more hate and use it for the people that you love.
RIP Kobe and Gianna and the other victims.
#mambaforever

FB_IMG_1580082862314.jpg
FB_IMG_1580082938399.jpg
FB_IMG_1580082954779.jpg
FB_IMG_1580082978636.jpg
FB_IMG_1580082998616.jpg

Been lucky that I’ve Never felt like this in my life. This is so so devastating . Soul crushing. Lost m favorite player since age 16 heart breaking. So sad for his family

I only got to see Kobe Bryant play in person once as well. I had just finished Navy Officer Candidate School and I was back home in Atlanta and I made a point to see Kobe play. Growing up in Atlanta, he only came once a year and prior to 2013, I never really had enough money to see him (Lakers vs Hawks tickets were always crazy high).

I remember exactly where I was for game 7 of the 2000 Western Conference finals

I remember exactly where I was and how I felt during game 7 of the 2002 Western Conference finals

I never exactly where I was and how I felt during game 7 of the 2010 NBA finals.

for a guy I've never met, Kobe has been a mainstay in my life. It's crazy that he's gone so young.

Looking back on it, I'm so glad I went.
20130313_210835.jpg

If a guy from a small town in Mississippi that only saw Kobe hoop once in person can feel this bad, I can’t imagine what some of you L.A. dudes feeling. He was my favorite player of all time. (I was just posting this in the nba thread the other night.) He was more than that though. He was an inspiration.

R.I.P.....condolences to his fam and to those who felt like he was family.

I only got to see Kobe Bryant play in person once as well. I had just finished Navy Officer Candidate School and I was back home in Atlanta and I made a point to see Kobe play. Growing up in Atlanta, he only came once a year and prior to 2013, I never really had enough money to see him (Lakers vs Hawks tickets were always crazy high).

I remember exactly where I was for game 7 of the 2000 Western Conference finals

I remember exactly where I was and how I felt during game 7 of the 2002 Western Conference finals

I never exactly where I was and how I felt during game 7 of the 2010 NBA finals.

for a guy I've never met, Kobe has been a mainstay in my life. It's crazy that he's gone so young.

Looking back on it, I'm so glad I went.
20130313_210835.jpg

My brother I'm here in Rhode Island for LDO CWO school. I never knew you were an OCS'er.

Luckily during my 19 year career so far I've been in SD or Mugu so I saw Kobe at least 3 to 4 times a year in Staples.

I just think I was so lucky to be there for Game 6 and 7 2010, the game winner in the playoffs, there for his last game....

God this is so hard...

Back
Top Bottom