**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I don’t think Herro does all that **** against this lakers defense

Robinson a sniper tho he gonna get his shots up lol
Bam hasn’t had to face a great big. Well AD is AD and then when he sits its 3x DPOY Dwight lol

everyone calling Iggy the Lebron stopper when he had that great GSW cast to back him up and Bron was still eating 30 point trpile doubles lol

If the Lakers stuck with the blues, they'd be even more popular than the forum blue and gold color scheme.

1601320258756.png

3 damn days to think about this.

I get being confident but I was confident vs the pistons in 04....

I feel the same way. I read that we are the biggest betting favorites since 2002. I hate being such heavy favorites because the moment you make a mistake, the media will immediately start saying that we're overrated. I like our chances and think we'll win in five but I Like playing the underdog role lol

I'm in San Diego and the local news is covering this Finals as a David Vs Goliath story...smh

The heat are a good team and they can win.

I hope we come out strong and take thier heart. Gotta get up 2-0 for sure.

I got the Heat in 6. I think they will play zone and we will forget how to play it. Their coach is light years ahead of ours. Remember this is the same guy that waited til game 4 to start Howard. The same guy that had Morris out there while he struggled against Plumlee then called 2 timeouts but ran the same players out there. Also I think our age will show against this team.

hey at least it’s not the celtics or clippers right?

I'm in San Diego and the local news is covering this Finals as a David Vs Goliath story...smh

The heat are a good team and they can win.

I hope we come out strong and take thier heart. Gotta get up 2-0 for sure.
It’s EXTREMELY hard to go 12-3 headed into a finals and the heat did it. While beating Giannis.
They are damn near our equal. Let’s hope the lakers believe that and respect them enough to come out blazing

I’m not being overconfident but I’m not too worried about the Heat. Jimmy has been cool but he’s not the number 1 they need to get it done. I don’t believe Herro and Duncan will do enough. I’m not too worried about Bam or Crowder.

Im more so worried on whether we’ll take care of businesss. We only lose by defeating ourselves. Bron needs to play 40+ and give it his all during the whole game. None of this play in spurts stuff. AD needs to stay aggressive. As long as that happens, we should be good. Our third player will either be Rondo or change from game to game as usual. You have to start Dwight again and I also believe DG will step up a little

I believe the Lakers could take it in 4 but the Heat will most likely have a game where they make everything so I’m taking Lakers in 5

Last edited:
Dion Waiters gets a ring regardless who wins. Plus he may possibly be getting playoff money from both teams as well. Must be nice lol

The Miami Heat are not giving Waiters a ring if they win. Get real.
Ya they couldn’t stand him.

it’s really up to the team. I think we give cousins a ring if we win but unfortunately for him we won’t so he will be ring less :frown:

After all the question marks about chemistry and fit from detractors (mainly Kidd, Dwight, Lebron, Rondo)It amazes me that up until today, this team has been so resilient with no locker room issues or dust -up between players. Everyone knew their roles, stayed in their lane and bought into the idea of only one goal in mind, to win a title.

Even KCP remained sober :lol:

I’m confident in our ability and talent to win the chip. It’s there. We have to go out, execute, and hope most of those 50/50 balls bounce our way. I don’t take health for granted either, shout out to the basketball gods.

Miami isn’t going to give up the ghost and lay down this close to a chip no matter what the odds are. We’ve seen the strange bubble conditions and they’ve shown that they can rise to the occasion. They need to be respected and we have got to play to win.

That being said, I trust Lebron and gang to bring it and stay focused. Let’s go Lakers! At home we’re debating about what kind of grub and booze we’re gonna prep for game day :nthat:

Never forget Magic Johnson’s last gift to the lakers before he left was to try and get Doc Rivers. LOL

Far from guarentee

it’s the battle of the strengths vs weaknesses

Miami gives up offensive rebounds and points in paint. We are awesome at that.

lakers give up 3s and struggle with defensive wings (Miami has3) and struggle with zone. Miami excels at those thibgs

Will be battle of who rises and who adjusts to these weaknesses

I say give Miami all the 2s they want. Let jimmy and bam for for 30 each. Stay home with shooters. Let them score 60 total lol

Call me crazy but if Green and Kuz plays like they should - (mainly hitting 3s)

I’ll give miami 1 game or none

Back
Top Bottom