**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

LMAO....Waive Melo? hahahaha, who in their right mind would waive a Carmelo Anthony?! Funniest thing I've heard in weeks. But I get it, you're not thinking hard enough. So allow me to assist...

Knicks will TRADE Melo, which in turn will open up a roster spot for Williams.

It's clear the element of critical thinking is lacking big time on these threads.

Under review

Last edited:
I can't imagine we'd be foolish enough to acquire a 32 year old former all star who's never played in the finals. Who's not even a top 25 player and who's owed $54 M after this season. Please, enough already

LMAO....Waive Melo? hahahaha, who in their right mind would waive a Carmelo Anthony?! Funniest thing I've heard in weeks. But I get it, you're not thinking hard enough. So allow me to assist...

Knicks will TRADE Melo, which in turn will open up a roster spot for Williams.

It's clear the element of critical thinking is lacking big time on these threads.
If they trade melo won't they have to take at least one player back? Meaning they still would have to waive somebody. And weren't you trying to send the whole lakers roster to the knicks? So how would trading him open up a spot? Serious question, how dumb are you? Like on a scale of ten to ten?
Which is why the Knicks, AS I WROTE ABOVE, would still waive a couple players after trading for Anthony and signing Williams. Those players are - Vujacic, Holiday, Baker, Plumlee - choose two or three of them lol

Who said the Lakers would gut their team to acquire Melo? 

They could conceivably give up Mozgov, Randle, and the expiring contract of Calderon for Melo. Or Mozgov, Randle, and Williams. So....MY INTELLIGENT FRIEND...let's do the math.

The Knicks would have 14 players on the roster after trading Melo. Add Moz, Randle, and Calderon and that makes 17, correct? Roger that.

A team is allowed 15 on the roster correct? Which means....the Knicks would then have to waive THREE PLAYERS in order to make room for Williams. And who knows if Phil trades another player to another team for a future draft pick just to give the Knicks even more room on the roster.

I don't mind you calling me "dumb" and "idiot" like you did this morning. All good, call me all the names you want. That's your opinion and I don't know you  so you think I care? LMFAO. 

I can't imagine we'd be foolish enough to acquire a 32 year old former all star who's never played in the finals. Who's not even a top 25 player and who's owed $54 M after this season. Please, enough already
We can get Melo, Butler, George, any of these guys. I don't care. The bottom line is this - it's imperative we make a move and acquire a player of that caliber.

In spite of what you and everyone else think about Carmelo Anthony, it's a fact that nobody on the current Lakers roster is anywhere near as good as Carmelo. Nobody. 

I called it pregame

This had Magic's fingerprints all over it

He is all about developing the young guys

It could be Luke wanted this all along but felt pressure to start the expensive FA signings, and is now empowered by Magic

Could very well be true. Magic will be that go-between that Luke needs.

It's clear Magic absolutely loves Ingram and Zubac. 

Another thing of note - Nance played 30 minutes tonight and had a double-double, a dunk that energized the team, and three steals. Randle, meanwhile, played only 17 minutes, had only two rebounds, and fouled out despite 14 points. Something is not right with this picture and I don't want to hear the excuse that Randle is still ill. 

Ok, the game was basically a blowout
Why keep the starters in, when they can rest up cause they have more games left on the road trip

NY played the second most minutes of all the starters with 22
BI played 33 because you want a rookie to get that kind of burn especially putting up the quality mins he played. It'll do wonders to his confidence ...we hope

As far as Nances mins, he recently said he feels like he is back to 100%. I'm sure the team wants him to continue the great play that he's been on plus they want to finally get the second unit (all of them) gelling out there (moreso nance and Zu)

Last edited:
Also this. He's a consultant but the way people are talking you'd think he was majority owner

I just don't think it's coincidence that the team has 3 days off between games where magic can start meetings/conference calls, then there's a huge shakeup in the lineup and rotations

I'm not that naive.

Last edited:

I called it pregame

This had Magic's fingerprints all over it

He is all about developing the young guys

It could be Luke wanted this all along but felt pressure to start the expensive FA signings, and is now empowered by Magic
Could very well be true. Magic will be that go-between that Luke needs.

It's clear Magic absolutely loves Ingram and Zubac. 

Another thing of note - Nance played 30 minutes tonight and had a double-double, a dunk that energized the team, and three steals. Randle, meanwhile, played only 17 minutes, had only two rebounds, and fouled out despite 14 points. Something is not right with this picture and I don't want to hear the excuse that Randle is still ill. 
Ok, the game was basically a blowout
Why keep the starters in, when they can rest up cause they have more games left on the road trip

NY played the second most minutes of all the starters with 22
BI played 33 because you want a rookie to get that kind of burn especially putting up the quality mins he played. It'll do wonders to his confidence ...we hope

As far as Nances mins, he recently said he feels like he is back to 100%. I'm sure the team wants him to continue the great play that he's been on plus they want to finally get the second unit (all of them) gelding out there (moreso nance and Zu)
You acting like Randle is 36 and needs rest. LMFAO

Randle has just as much to prove to the coaching staff as everyone else and that includes the rookies. Randle FOULED OUT in 17 min and the Lakers' starting power forward had TWO BOARDS against the Knicks. That, my friend, is lackluster. Even if Randle wasn't fouling out, Nance still plays more minutes because of what Nance brings to the table and what Randle doesn't do.

Anyone who thinks Magic is merely a "consultant" and won't be actively involved in all facets of the Lakers business - from player personnel, trades, free agent meetings, business ops to advising the coaching staff and players - is not paying enough attention.

This is a changing of the guard, and Magic is there to restore the vision and formula that Dr. Buss established and made the Lakers the best franchise in pro basketball from 1980 to 2010.

I just don't think it's coincidence that the team has 3 days off between games where magic can start meetings/conference calls, then there's a huge shakeup in the lineup and rotations

I'm not that naive.

Starts at ~4:00

[Video]

This was the 30th. Magic didn't come back until the 2nd. Luke was already planning on this. Deng clearly was meant to be a placeholder for ingram. I just have a hard time believing Jeannie basically brought magic in without Jim's knowledge and now Jim is allowing him to make basketball decisions, especially given the history between them. Mitch has said they leave rotations etc up to the coach and stay out of it[/Video]

Last edited:
I disagree noble
I think he's there to force Jim out and move him into the silent owner role, and to fire Mitch. Time will tell of course

Another time he said, “[Buss] should just be the owner, like his dad was just the owner. You’ve got to get somebody to help [Buss] out. Just play your role. There’s nothing wrong with being a great owner.”

Then there was the time Johnson said, “He’s got to quit trying to prove a point to everybody that he can do it on his own, get his ego out of it, and just say, ‘Let me get someone beside me to help achieve the goals I want.’’’

"One guy changes our landscape. We have everything we need now except that one guy  to make everybody better. That's why I joined. I know we have the pieces in place, my role is to make sure I send that message out to everybody." 

"The Lakers will always come back...one thing about this organization we always come back and we will come back again....the marketplace, the players, the league needed to know that we were headed in the right direction, that we wanted to take that step. Again, I'm here to say that we're ready to take that step." 

"Dr. Buss, he left the formula. The formula's there." - Worthy, talking to Magic.

"You just have to really be able to execute [Dr. Buss' formula]  and also let people know that we're really serious about winning and I think we're taking the first step by bringing me on board.

Surely doesn't sound like all Magic is planning to do is being a mascot.

Starts at ~4:00

[Video]

This was the 30th. Magic didn't come back until the 2nd. Luke was already planning on this. Deng clearly was meant to be a placeholder for ingram. I just have a hard time believing Jeannie basically brought magic in without Jim's knowledge and now Jim is allowing him to make basketball decisions, especially given the history between them. Mitch has said they leave rotations etc up to the coach and stay out of it[/Video]
[Video]

I respect that, but remember Jeanie has repeatedly told all of us she has more power than Jim[/video]

When did she say that? Far as I know she doesn't. Jim runs basketball ops, she handles the business side.

And if 'we're one player away' equates to 'move half the roster for carmelo' then magic really is the mascot

Last edited:
She has said it in numerous interviews "I empower Jim" etc
She can overrule Jim in any decision

This was the 30th. Magic didn't come back until the 2nd. Luke was already planning on this. Deng clearly was meant to be a placeholder for ingram. I just have a hard time believing Jeannie basically brought magic in without Jim's knowledge and now Jim is allowing him to make basketball decisions, especially given the history between them. Mitch has said they leave rotations etc up to the coach and stay out of it
In order of occurrence...

1) Mike Trudell:  Walton spoke with Magic on the phone today. Said it was great. Magic is all in, ready to grind, get the Lakers back where they wanna be.– via  TwitterLakersReporter

2) 
Mike Trudell:  Walton confirmed his starting line up of Russell, Young, Ingram, Randle and Black. And more Zu off bench. Increased focus on development.

–  viaTwitter  LakersReporter

3)  Bill Oram:  Luke Walton said he discussed changing starting lineup with GM Mitch Kupchak and EVP Jim Buss. Both were supportive, he said.

– via Twitter  billoram

Magic speaks with Luke, perhaps suggesting lineup change. Luke confirms new starting lineup and contacts Mitch and Jim to discuss it. Management approves. Everyone is on the same page. Simple.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom