**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

It's bizarre that you would rather have Russell Westbrook than Chris Paul.

It's really not at all, Brodie my favorite player in the league and I loathe CP0. You ain't gotta like it.

Lowry and DeKobe coming for the minimum? Didn't bother to read the article.

Last edited:
Lol lol

lowry and derozen are both free agents. Assuming they won’t play for vet minimums
We are taking about sign and trades and hard capping ourselves.

Lebron ad and derozen at 15 and Lowry at 20 mill a year (that’s generous bc he wanted 30 mill) that means roster spots 5-13 would be vet min guys.

Lowry/Quinn cook/Teague
Derozen/Mathews
Lebron/McKinnie
AD/Kieff
Jones/Dedmon

Pelinka can’t be that dumb can he?

Look, if we land Chris Paul... er, if we are burdened with Chris Paul... Chris "We're up 2-0! Wait, what?" Paul...

Like, there's a reason he's the only player in history to be on 4 teams that were up 2-0 and lost the series. And it's not like "Hmm, I don't know why that has happened to him 4 times, but I don't want him on the Lakers." No, I do know why, and I don't want his late in the game or late in the series shenanigans on the Lakers. Lebron is a whole beast. He flops. Of course. But him AND Paul? I'm not sure he can overcome Chris Paul's antics to the point that we win a championship.

I think when him and Chris Paul were both younger, it would have worked. Not now.

-foe

Current schroder > current cp3

I think Lowry is a good fit.

also…..

BEN MACLEMORE
BEN MACLEMORE
BEN MACLEMORE
BEN MACLEMORE
BEN MACLEMORE

Did Macklemore get any court time in the playoffs? No sense in having him if the coach won’t play him

all in for the Raptor backcourt

Look, if we land Chris Paul... er, if we are burdened with Chris Paul... Chris "We're up 2-0! Wait, what?" Paul...

Like, there's a reason he's the only player in history to be on 4 teams that were up 2-0 and lost the series. And it's not like "Hmm, I don't know why that has happened to him 4 times, but I don't want him on the Lakers." No, I do know why, and I don't want his late in the game or late in the series shenanigans on the Lakers. Lebron is a whole beast. He flops. Of course. But him AND Paul? I'm not sure he can overcome Chris Paul's antics to the point that we win a championship.

I think when him and Chris Paul were both younger, it would have worked. Not now.

-foe
To be honest. We are Only winning a title if Lebron AND AD play at mvp level.
If this happens...then CP3 doesn’t need to be Hornet CP3. He needs to be Suns CP3.
As the 3rd wheel he’d fit right in.
He’d be an ELITE 3rd option. That’s how you have to view him if he comes over.

him as a 1a/1b like the Suns had, of course it won’t work

If we get CP3 and we expect him to be hornets CP3 so Lebron can play like 2021 playoffs Lebron then no it won’t work. Really nobody on our radar can help us of Lebron plays that way.

WITH ALL THAT SAID....

CP3 IS NOT COMING TO THE LAKERS.

He’s not taking a 38 mill dollar pay cut as president of PA. Also Suns not trading him to lakers.

CP 11 years ago on the Lakers would have been dope with Mamba. Easily Lakers would be on Championship banners 18 & 19 by now.

But David Stern and "Basketball Reasons"

Did Macklemore get any court time in the playoffs? No sense in having him if the coach won’t play him

all in for the Raptor backcourt
He was playing behind KCP & Caruso

but when he got minutes dood was lighting it up, no hesitation.

just seemed more assertive & confident than KCP

and frank wasn’t going to bench his championship starting 2 guard for a mid season acquisition no matter how bad he was struggling, thats just seniority.

Everybody knows playoff basketball is all about streaky 3 point shooters who are lost on defense. That’s what wins titles!!!

lowry and derozan both coming off their biggest contracts.. its realistic they would come play on a discount for the op to team up and lay for a chip.

lowry and derozan both coming off their biggest contracts.. its realistic they would come play on a discount for the op to team up and lay for a chip.
not sure if both would be willing to do so
i think if anyone lowry would be the one that would come on the minimum since he's older

Any chance Trez knows something we don’t ie Vogel getting fired? Weird that he may opt in after being benched so much

Why would Vogel get fired?
Any team serious about winning would bench Trezz in the playoffs too.

If he opts in it’s because his value tanked and he won’t get a 8 figure / year, multi year deal in free agency.

Works out better for the lakers because we can use his valuable expiring contract to match salaries in potential trades.

Any chance Trez knows something we don’t ie Vogel getting fired? Weird that he may opt in after being benched so much

It makes sense for him to opt in.

His value tanked. He couldn't get on the floor when it mattered most. He was exposed again on the defensive end.

He also knows that he will more than likely be traded to a team where he can shine..

Or maybe he hangs because he knows Drummond is gone.

Either way him taking that deal makes sense.

Is an old but still serviceable Lowry as a #3 option worth $20 mil per though? Yes, if Rob has determined LA has a 2-3 year window. No if they're trying to maximize their money and grab multiple solid pieces instead of trying to land a "big name" PG.

Same question applies to Westbrook who makes even more money than KL.

DRose continues to fly under the radar though....he can be had for cheap and is the best value get imho

Last edited:
A viable point guard will get us through the slog of the regular season, but we know come playoff time it's LeBron and AD time.

With the taxpayer MLE, who are you paying out of this group:

PJ Tucker
Reggie Bullock
Nic Batum
Rudy Gay
Danny Green
Trevor Ariza

Stumbled across this video watching pre draft stuff. Duncan gives some insight into the process.

Then he talks about how it basically came down to him choosing us or Miami but we chose Svi instead. I'm still a Svi believer but that's pretty crazy, didn't know we were tied to Duncan.

Watching DeRozan shoot contested 20 footers and 360 layups <<<

Been thinking on this since last year. I know his lack of outside shooting has been a sticking point for you and many others, but you don't think the consistent scoring, getting to the line, and secondary ballhandler/playmaker skills he's showed his last few seasons would make him a decent fit at all?

I said last year, I'm a talent trumps all guy. But we saw this year, fit almost just as important. So I get it. But if AD was healthy I don't think any of it would have mattered and they would have been going against Giannis for the b2b.

Don't even care. I would easily say **** the hard cap if it is at all humanly possible to get Derozan & Lowry. But pretty sure there isn't :nerd:

Rudy and/or Melo off the bench next year :emoji_hugging::nthat::emoji_hugging::nthat::emoji_hugging::nthat::emoji_hugging::nthat::emoji_hugging::nthat::emoji_hugging::nthat::emoji_hugging::nthat:

Back
Top Bottom