**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Most important Americans......?

So, Kareem doesn't factor in that? MJ/Bron don't factor in that, cuz they didn't play in the 60's, before TV?
Is kareem dead, how do you know the league wouldnt honor him. Bron and MJ ate important but what Bill and Kareem did for the world are far more important. Lets stop comparing shoes and triple doubles to the real groundwork Bill laid. Short sighted 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️

j0ee07tyy9h91.jpg

Mans played in racist Boston at a sport where he was like 2 feet away from those racist fans, and still put up numbers without so much as a blemish to his name. And his contribution to not only basketball but sports overall, we're reducing that to just "He's special because he played before TV?"

Of all the names named, only Kareem is in his category. Thing is, Bill walked so Kareem could run.

That clover has nothing to do with the Celtics and everything to do with the number inside the clover. Clover 6 is Bill Russell, not the Celtics.

-foe

Is kareem dead, how do you know the league wouldnt honor him. Bron and MJ ate important but what Bill and Kareem did for the world are far more important. Lets stop comparing shoes and triple doubles to the real groundwork Bill laid. Short sighted 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️

Sir, you kinda makin my point. When Kareem goes, Luka gonna have a 6 on his jersey/court, and a 33, and someday a 23 etc etc etc?

I have zero issue with retiring 6 league wide. Kinda like MLB with the 42 and them havin Jackie Robinson day. Love it. Good idea here for Mr Russell as well.

But throwin stuff on the courts/jerseys sets a strange precedent considering what Kareem also has meant to the game. Or what Magic and Bird did for the league. MJ took it globally.

And like I said, Kobe passed and the league rolled the ball out within 48 hours, players were still crying on the benches man. :smh:

Mans played in racist Boston at a sport where he was is like 2 feet away from those racist fans, and still put up numbers without so much as a blemish to his name. And his contribution to not only basketball but sports overall, we're reducing that to just "He's special because he played before TV?"

Of all the names named, only Kareem is in his category. Thing is, Bill walked so Kareem could run.

That clover has nothing to do with the Celtics and everything to do with the number inside the clover. Clover 6 is Bill Russell, not the Celtics.

-foe

So then we're getting goggles with a 33 someday, yes?
A jumpman with 23, yes?
Magic and Bird might get like a little TV logo with 32-33?

You saying well, he played in front of a bunch of racists doesn't really help me. If Bill played in New York this wouldn't be happening? That seems off to me.

Retire his number is a great tribute. Putting it on 30 courts and 30 jerseys and minimizing every single other player that has had just as much impact (if not more in some aspects) is poor form.

Like I mentioned with Jackie Robinson day, have a Bill Russell night every year. Triple Headers on NBC, sort of like MLK on TNT every year. Do that. Altering every court and jersey is unnecessary. Just my opinion.

I get CPs side. It will bother some folks to see that green clover on the hardwood of Staples.

But it really isn't a big deal. What he represented is more then a clover.

And as I remember it, Bill Russell was decked out in Laker gear when Kobe passed. Rivalries mean nothing when honoring fallen brothers.

Correct.

I'm not arguing for LA/Boston, I'm arguing for ALL players that come thru this league.

Having one player pass and get that treatment is kind of a diss on all the others.

Correct.

I'm not arguing for LA/Boston, I'm arguing for ALL players that come thru this league.

Having one player pass and get that treatment is kind of a diss on all the others.

I don't agree here....

I do understand the argument but don't agree.

Baylor passed and didn't get the same treatment Bill is getting...but I also understand that Bill was just a bigger pioneer for the game then say Baylor.

It will be interesting to see what happens when a West or MJ pass though...just to see what they do.

just put a 6 jersey with his name on it on the court. the man was much bigger than that garbage *** franchise.

Lol imagine taking it so far with the whole Celtics lakers rivalry. They are all martyrs. Jeanie doesn’t give two ****s about you. **** them all.

Y’all worried about clovers when our team is absolute dog****.

Back
Top Bottom