**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Man all this dlo hate again haha...cmon this was an obvious tank game zubac balling but only 19 minutes...dlo did a 180 all of a sudden...open yo eyes
Nah it's ok. He played like **** today. 

We probably not winning a game the rest of the month though. 

Oh ok, my bad. Thanks for clarifying that. You think Dlo will last as a Laker? Seems there are a few Lakers fans who don't like him. Not just here but they talkin mad smack about him out in the streets as well.

I think if we keep our pick, Dlo will be traded. I don't think a slow, unathletic and passive PG will last in LA

Okafor with 23 points tonight. His draft mate, DLo, not so much.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Okafor with 23 points tonight. His draft mate, DLo, not so much.
Word Mitch and co really ****** up when they passed on him.

Glad they're gone now
pimp.gif
The thing about it is, Oak's 23 were a quiet 23. Granted our defense is horrible, but I find myself sometimes wondering what it would be like had we drafted Oak or Porzingis instead of Russell.

Last edited:
Horry and Worthy legit blaming Russell on Access right now regarding that shot clock mishap
laugh.gif

they was also making fun of him on the shaqtin play.

I kinda feel bad for the kid. the young'in can't catch a break. Dude had a solid game in the W against the Suns. But I guess the inconsistency in his play will always haunt him.

Last edited:

The thing about it is, Oak's 23 were a quiet 23. Granted our defense is horrible, but I find myself sometimes wondering what it would be like had we drafted Oak or Porzingis instead of Russell.
If we had drafted either of them, Mosgov isn't here that's about all I can definitively say. We'd probably still be exactly where we've been as far as record wise. 

I'm sure they would've just gave Evan Turner or Rajon Rando 100 million dollars instead. Plus Jah & KP are too good, we would've missed out on BI last year.

Last edited:

If we had drafted either of them, Mosgov isn't here that's about all I can definitively say. We'd probably still be exactly where we've been as far as record wise. 
yeah i agree, we'd still suck with either of them. but I think having Porzingis or Oak would have opened up more possibilities as far as how the make up of the roster for the future goes.

I can just imagine how much easier it would be for Ingram and Clarkson to play alongside solid offensive bigs like Porzingis or Oak

Last edited:

If you drafted Okafor instead of Russell, the team would have about as many wins as the Nets... Be honest with your self..... Okafor is a lot like Brook Lopez, if you gave him Robin Lopez's offense.

If you drafted Porzingis, you trade Randle for 50 cents on the dollar, likely end up with Cameron Payne because you would take the PG with the late lottery pick you would have gotten... Just to watch us be somewhat worse, have Porzingis start off amazingly, and fade as the season goes on.

If you drafted Okafor instead of Russell, the team would have about as many wins as the Nets... Be honest with your self..... Okafor is a lot like Brook Lopez, if you gave him Robin Lopez's offense.

If you drafted Porzingis, you trade Randle for 50 cents on the dollar, likely end up with Cameron Payne because you would take the PG with the late lottery pick you would have gotten... Just to watch us be somewhat worse, have Porzingis start off amazingly, and fade as the season goes on.
I'd take Porzingis' upside over Russell's 365 days every year til I died twice. It's not easy to find 7'3 players who can shoot the lights out from long range and play both ends of the floor. There are plenty of players who can easily do what Russell does. Just look at this year's draft class, which is full of solid guards.

Okafor is still a question mark for me, and his upside is probably equal to that of DLo's.

Last edited:
I'd take Porzingis' upside over Russell's 365 days every year til I died twice.

Okafor is still a question mark for me, and his upside is probably equal to that of DLo's.

The first remark is 100% fine. And Rational (until you edited it with more nonsense)

The second remark :rofl: :rofl: GOOD LORD

Last edited:
I'd take Porzingis' upside over Russell's 365 days every year til I died twice. It's not easy to find 7'3 players who can shoot the lights out from long range and play both ends of the floor. There are plenty of players who can easily do what Russell does. Just look at this year's draft class, which is full of solid guards.

I'll give you slack for Porzingis.. Despite the difference between production begin pretty damn close.

I just want you to take a look at something...

This is the list of Guards, who have put up D'Angelo's numbers in PPG / RPG / APG in less than 30 minutes... Since 1979-80 (No criteria for years, so you can be a rookie, or a 15 year vet)

http://www.basketball-reference.com...c4comp=lt&c4val=30&c6mult=1.0&order_by=season

Here's 1st & 2nd Year.. Sorted by minutes

http://www.basketball-reference.com...omp=gt&c3val=4.7&c6mult=1.0&order_by=mp_per_g

So no.. There isn't actually a lot of guys who can actually do what he's done. Whether you want to call him inconsistent or not. Which would even go in his favor because you can say, he's young, if he finds that consistency, then everything will be great for the Lakers

Last edited:
Y'all freak out so easily when DLo becomes koolaid in my veins for a game
One bad game for every 5 good to very good games right now? I will take it.

Back
Top Bottom