**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

It's good to see him walking.

What I'm worried about is the protocol.

Don't get me wrong if he can't play then he shouldn't. His long term health is all that matters.

But it would stink if the protocols keep him out on a play that wasn't even called a foul. Not saying Looney is dirty but there was no need to swing that elbow and it's not the first time in these playoffs where that happened.

Thank you doctor Lizakers Lizakers . He's avoided a concussion protocol. He got smacked in the head hard, was wobbly for about half an hour.

He then walked to the bus and boarded the plane on his own. Do you have more information than his coach and teammates?

I hope you’re right bro, but that walk and telling the photographer to turn the lights off isn’t exactly convincing

In 2020 Javale or Dwight was in the paint whenever teams drew AD out, and all those easy paint buckets in that clip wasn't happening in 2020.

This is the impact of having a legit 5 playing next to AD.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I BEEN SAYING ALL YEAR THAT WE NEED A REAL STARTING CENTER SO AD CAN PLAY POWER FORWARD which is his natural position.

This is also why I have been saying all year will be the reason we won't win it all. AD gets ZERO HELP in protecting the paint cause once he is drawn away from the paint Lakers got nobody to alter shots or make opponents think twice like 2020 Javale and Dwight did with regularity.

Here's the shocker for y'all. Wanna know why he is Alternating Days in 2023 instead of being Always Dominant like he was throughout the 2020 playoffs? Cause AD AIN'T NO CENTER AND WHEN HE PLAYS CENTER HE HAS TO EXPEND SO MUCH ENERGY THAT IT WEARS HIM DOWN EVEN MORE

Can't wait to find out if I'll be right or wrong.

Last edited:
Again. A real problem is our offense. Sit Vandy. We should be living in the paint.

I hope you’re right bro, but that walk and telling the photographer to turn the lights off isn’t exactly convincing

I don't take much away from the walk. Light sensitivity is expected after a hit like that.

None of us are doctors. We just gotta hope he is ok.

1683817884198.jpeg

🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️

Hope they make a lineup change last second without letting GS prepare. “Vanderbilt has a tummy ache”

If you do play Vando. It can’t be in the corner.
Make him a screener.

Can’t get good pick and rolls if weak side sags into the paint off Vando.
It’s what DLo and the Wolves ran into problems with Memphis last year. With also PatBev and McDaniels as well mucking up spacing. But that’s the upside/downside of Vando.

If you’re not having him be the guy who is running all over the floor. It’s a bigger burden.

When the Lakers have impact bigs playing next to AD, it allows the Lakers' defense to contain and disrupt the penetrations and floaters of opposing guards, which in turn changes the entire nature of the entire game.

Lakers were a top 2 top 3 defensive team during the 2020 title run because they disrupted what opposing guards were trying to do. This led to a lot of W's.

Lakers are missing this now, therefore it's Super Easy for opposing guards, wings (and bigs) to get theirs with little resistance inside/outside the paint.

This below def ain't happening for the Lakers this year til AD gets some help

Another shot blocking big to help stop penetration when AD is out in the perimeter.
Screenshot_20221106-151529_Chrome.jpg

Above post is From Nov 6, 2022

When a lot of folks couldn't understand.

Now that we're in the second round of the playoffs, things are a lot more magnified lol

Kerr gonna spam the hell out of that PNR and bring AD out every single play until Ham makes the adjustment. But if Ham doesn't adjust and counter Kerr, this thing is going 7

What he actually said
If you're not getting minutes, you can't make an impact.

You should email what I said to Darvin, see what he says

Ima show it again, here's the beauty of having a legit 5 playing next to AD so AtTimes Dominant can play his natural position. Notice how AD gets drawn out of the paint but there is always a Laker big there to thwart opposing offenses in the paint

Is Mo even fit to play?
As far as I know, yes.

Playing/not playing Bamba is a Ham decision and imo he is making a big mistake by not playing him at least 8-10 min per game

Look how long it took Ham to realize Lonnie makes more of an impact than Beasley.

And at this point in the series, Vando has become almost unplayable just like Beasley. So why not USE GABRIEL AND BAMBA WHEN YOU GOT DEPTH?

If Lakers lose Friday, it will be on Ham and his adjustments or lack thereof.

I said before Game 1 that a major matchup in this series will be Ham adjustments vs Kerr adjustments.

Right now Kerr knows LA has a major liability when AD gets drawn away from the paint. He will take advantage just like Popovich and Phil Jackson would've done.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom