**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I get why people want AD to move back to PF, but I don't think it's in the best interest to the rest of the team.
I don't think you can start a traditional, beefy center next to AD and Bron. It just constricts the team offense and slows the defense (and the defense is slow already as evident by the transition defense all season).

AD's only bad matchup is Jokic and maybe Embiid.

We just need a competent 5 and a backup like Bamba. If this team is successful he'll be playing 80-90% of his time at C

I get why people want AD to move back to PF, but I don't think it's in the best interest to the rest of the team.

The only way it works IMO is Brook Lopez. He won't need to be in the paint since he can hit 3's.

That also draws the center out so AD could potentially dominate whatever 4 is on him...but that part is up to him and we know that is inconsistent.

Bron need to play about 15-20 minutes a game period. Come in and play old man basketball for a few stretches. Time to start winding it down. Who knows if that foot will ever heal.

One named is look for is Fred Van Vleet.

If it comes to choosing between Rui and FVV. I think they do FVV instead

What nobody seems to be talking about:

Money

29395EF4-07C6-46CB-BB55-E01C69479905.jpeg

How old are you?

I’m 32. Been watching basketball for a long time. I never thought KG was better than Duncan.

I remember it being an argument, but I never thought KG was better than Timmy. The argument I remember the most was if you put Kg in SAS and put Duncan in Minny, their careers would’ve gone different, but I disagree with that.

KG should’ve demanded that trade to the Lakers in 06. Not mad we got Pau, but kobe x KG would’ve been special.

AD at the 4 would only make sense if Bron wasn’t the 3.
Bron-AD-Center would be such and oddly spaced team (Today with what they are). So much selling on being able to shoot.

Lakers bigger issue than AD needing to play big was having poor shooting SF/PFs when everybody else is moving the opposite direction.
*See how much Vando negatively impacts everybody on offense because he’s playing next to AD and Bron.*

Bron needs to be the 4. AD the 5. Regardless of who the 1-3 are. Just to not be behind on shooting.

If the Lakers get Kyrie or Trae. I can say “hey better players” than DLo

But this is a funny one. Especially for the reason he eventual says.

Lizakers Lizakers Wouldn’t say take zero. But yeah his reliance on shooting was an issue all season. And would be another reason they lost. So many momentum draining 3 attempts.

The report of he wants Kyrie or Trae because he doesn’t want to score or be the primary ball handler. Is because he was stubborn as ****.

DLo and AR are more than capable of doing it by committee.
But every time they had a few successful offensive possessions in a row. Bron then said screw it and dominated the ball. There was that one possession late where he held the ball most of the possession to have AR and Dennis switch spots. Then has to hurry and throws a bad pass that Lakers retained but at that point, they wouldn’t get a good look.

If Bron was two things.
1. Play from the post.
2. Drive off the catch.
He’d be a 20+ ppg scorer on so much less usage.

Last edited:
Sign and trade DLO
Resign rui
Resign austin
Get vando a shooting coach
Sign a starter worthy center/Brook Lopez or plumlee prototype

Lakers championship team went big and doubled down on that size:
C: Dwight/Javale by committee
PF: AD
SF: Bron/kuzma
Kuzma averaging mid 20s minutes

They took out Houston, Denver, Miami who were teams big on 3s (at the time) by winning the rebounding battle

They took out Houston, Denver, Miami who were teams big on 3s (at the time) by winning the rebounding battle
AD played a good amount of center during that regular season and by the time the playoffs rolled around, Javale was being DNP'd and Dwight was only playing 15 MPG (besides the Nuggets WCF). Kieff was really important in the playoffs.

Gonna be 4 years ago though.

I think being able to run a rotation like that during games is huge to have different looks.

as Bron ages he has to be less of a perimeter player. And that rationale is accelerating rapidly.

Shooting is important. They were playing 4 on 5 in terms of spacing because of Vando.

Back
Top Bottom