**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Damn, not only does JHS not have any ability to get past guys or jump, he’s also very short relative to what’s reported. Might be a 6’3 slow no bounce player. Well at least he has a Kobe tattoo 😕

jhs was wearing pumas all SL
hodge looked better than both our picks, he really might be the modelo especial to kcp's modelo negro
He’s older. They tend to play better in summer league.

The idea is that jhs is suppose to surpass all these guys by the time he’s 22-23 (he just turned 20)

no-will-smith.gif

No outrage here that Lakers passed on Summer League MVP Whitmore? Didn’t watch him a lot in the Vegas games but from what I did see he looked like a talented kid who seemed more interested in mostly just jacking up shots and not much else. That’s okay for this setting but not going to fly on the real squad

Probably would've picked Whitmore myself, but I wasn't a JHS fan to begin with. But the Lakers probably didn't have any/much Intel on Whitmore so hard to blame them at the same time.

Was probably dumb to pass on what was a top 5 talent by pretty much all the prognosticators at that spot, but hey Lakers scouts have more than earned the benefit of the doubt.

I'm sure our scouts thought they wouldn't have a chance at Cam...but we probably should have taken him.

Last edited:
Reactions: MVP
Back
Top Bottom