**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

1717544487619.png

1717544337180.png

1717544374277.png

Pelinka vs Ainge

Ain’t no way Markannen will be traded to the Lakers. Not under Danny’s watch

I don’t see the Robfather duplicating what Ainge accomplished with the Celtics from 06 to 08 because Danny had the help of his buddy Kevin McHale who was Minnesota’s GM at the time and gifted the Celtics Kevin Garnett on a silver platter. KG was without a doubt THE Celtics’ MVP from 08-11, without KG and McHale teaming up to help Danny, the guys in green don’t got a chip since 86.

And Ain’t nobody gifting jack to Pelinka. Hence why Bron and Rich Paul play such a crucial part in all of this

Last edited:
Dallas just did it. So technically yes, in a span from the draft to the trade deadline but they have to hit on every transaction like they did. They have the foundational pieces in AD and Bron which is the the start, but finding those ancillary pieces and them subsequently performing when you need them has been the issue for us.

In theory D'Lo, Rui, Vando should be a decent playoff rotation but for whatever reason they aren't good playoff players/liabilities on one end of the floor.
Drafted Lively, traded for Gafford and PJ, signed Jones Jr... who else am I missing? Some of those guys were there the year before...Hardy, Hardaway, Green, Kleber (off the top of my head)

Anyhow, DLo/Vando/Rui would be fine individually if they were the weakest link next to 4 solid two way players but a combination of two or more of those guys at the same time there's going to be too many leaks on either side of the ball.

Dallas also has a mega star at 24-25 years old who put up 34/10/9 in 70 games and in the playoffs leads the NBA in:

Games
Minutes
FG's
FGA's
3's
3PTA's
FT's
FTA's
Def Rebounds
Tot Rebounds
Assists
Steals
Turnovers

Playing 41.5 minutes a night in the playoffs.

I'd say there's a little bit of a difference there between us and them.

I don’t get why the Lakers trade offer for Kyrie is news. We been knowing this and Nets wanted more but all they got was DFS and picks

Thought Borrego did a decent/good job considering the circumstances in Charlotte, so probably gotta root for Atkinson to get the Cleveland job. Borrego could hopefully be convinced a good year or two in LA can springboard his profile in the next coaching cycle.

Dallas also has a mega star at 24-25 years old who put up 34/10/9 in 70 games and in the playoffs leads the NBA in:

Games
Minutes
FG's
FGA's
3's
3PTA's
FT's
FTA's
Def Rebounds
Tot Rebounds
Assists
Steals
Turnovers

Playing 41.5 minutes a night in the playoffs.

I'd say there's a little bit of a difference there between us and them.
Obviously having a top three player helps a ton in his prime, but the Lakers will have a top seven-ish player in AD and top 10-12 caliber player in Bron at the start of next season. That's not nothing. And if the stars line up for a star guard...

Obviously having a top three player helps a ton in his prime, but the Lakers will have a top seven-ish player in AD and top 10-12 caliber player in Bron at the start of next season. That's not nothing. And if the stars line up for a star guard...

Yea in the aggregate Bron & AD are better than Luka and Kyrie but the ancillary is where the difference is. Hell if we can get Vando to develop like DJJ as a shooter that'd go a long way in curing one of our biggest ails.

Odds of getting 150-160 games outta them after the Olympics this summer?

65 + 20
65 + 20

Is 170. So..... likelihood of them taking us where we wanna go awfully thin.

If they can land Mitchell and still have Vando/Reaves, then I'm listening. If not, we on to 25-26.

Odds of getting 150-160 games outta them after the Olympics this summer?

65 + 20
65 + 20

Is 170. So..... likelihood of them taking us where we wanna go awfully thin.

If they can land Mitchell and still have Vando/Reaves, then I'm listening. If not, we on to 25-26.
Who knows, but I think there are personnel decisions that can be made to help those two out during the course of the regular season.

I guess but why does the front office stay trying to have input on the staff? That's a big reason why Lue passed along with low balling him.

I guess but why does the front office stay trying to have input on the staff? That's a big reason why Lue passed along with low balling him.
Because Puke and Darvin had control of their staffs and mehhhhh. That 2020 and 2021 staffs were good.

would hope to still have Handy around, hes brons guy and has been great with AR.

hear we're also hiring this guy to the medical staff
Walked into a meeting today, said Hi everybody and it came ...

Still my favorite Kobes ever.

Screenshot_20240605_110720_Samsung Internet.jpg

Jordan 11s are my GOAT shoe, and the Columbias are my favorite colorway. I was as excited seeing the Columbia 11s as I was seeing these. 🔥

Back
Top Bottom