**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

What good is a 'fixed' shot if it doesn't go in. Fox needs to change his mechanics as well he shoots to directly in front of his face.
Realistically all three do.  Lonzo's shot may go in, but only being able to do step backs to the left is going to be extremely limiting at the next level.  Lonzo's is probably the most "fixable" because his release is fine, but he needs to fix everything up to that point.

Last edited:
Lonzo shot ain't broke just unorthodox. It goes in frequently from really long distance as well.

man i always wanted the kings 5 and 10 for the number 2 pick but they would defiantely pick ball cuz the kings need a point guard badly

Like he said in the video, and I loved it, I had a bad shooting year, so what.

Players gotta have than mentality.

JJ's hitch reminds me of MKG

Lonzo shot ain't broke just unorthodox. It goes in frequently from really long distance as well.
It is broken in the sense that he basically always steps back to the left because the momentum of his shot movement brings him that way because he starts with the ball on the right side of his body and brings it all the way to the left side of his face.  He basically has one move off the dribble, and is not quick so he wont beat people to the hole.  If he doesn't change it, he is going to find people catching onto it extremely quickly.  His release is good though.

Like he said in the video, and I loved it, I had a bad shooting year, so what.

Players gotta have than mentality.

JJ's hitch reminds me of MKG
His hitch isnt nearly as bad as MKG's.  I don't even know so much that it is a hitch as it is just inconsistent release points on his shot.

Lonzo won't even be able to get the shot off in the
Pros that backyard ball at Lavar house ain't gon work.

The thing with Lonzo's shot is that he brings the ball up from his left side, which is really odd for a right handed shooter

So when he goes right and beats his man, he's essentially putting the ball right where a slightly trailing defender can get it, or touch it, or swipe at it, or distract the shooter, etc

At the next level, teams will force him right and they'll know that when he goes right, he can't pull up and shoot. We're talking NBA-level world class defenders and coaches, not some 18 year old college kids. so they'll always play the drive when they force him right.

It will be very tough for him to go right and shoot jumpers because of his mechanics. But hey, Lamar never went right and had a nice career. So anything can happen

Last edited:
It is broken in the sense that he basically always steps back to the left because the momentum of his shot movement brings him that way because he starts with the ball on the right side of his body and brings it all the way to the left side of his face.  He basically has one move off the dribble, and is not quick so he wont beat people to the hole.  If he doesn't change it, he is going to find people catching onto it extremely quickly.  His release is good though.

That comes from repetition and actually practice doing that in the offseason, not worried about him getting his shot off.

Man are the Kings high on WCS?? i would trade are pick in a heartbeat for him & the Tenth pick. He would be a PERFECT fit next to Randle IMO

The thing with Lonzo's shot is that he brings the ball up from his left side, which is really odd for a right handed shooter

So when he goes right and beats his man, he's essentially putting the ball right where a slightly trailing defender can get it, or touch it, or swipe at it, or distract the shooter, etc

At the next level, teams will force him right and they'll no that when he goes right, he can't pull up and shoot. We're talking NBA-level world class defenders and coaches, not some 18 year old college kids

It will be very tough for him to go right and shoot jumper because of his mechanics
Exactly and this is what I am talking about as being broken.  Not to mention he only took like 15 mid range jumpers from the wing in college so that part of his game is almost non-existent.  Add that to the fact that teams will actually be guarding him from NBA threes other than college when a lot of them were wide open.

No one can tell me that the hitch here is unfixable:

There is a little bit of a hitch in there, but most of it seems like he is trying to find the right release point.  I remember Bill Self talking about how they werent even going to work on his form because they knew he was a one and done.

I dont know how people can watch something like this and not be somewhat hesitant about the shooting limitations he has due to his form

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Lonzo-Ball-7229/

Last edited:
Man that rumor of the Celtics thinking about taking Jackson over Fultz has got to be bs
If that happens, we would take Fultz in a heartbeat :lol:

Man that rumor of the Celtics thinking about taking Jackson over Fultz has got to be bs
If that happens, we would take Fultz in a heartbeat
laugh.gif
I wonder if they are waiting to do a trade to see if Fultz slips for some reason.

the only way i see the celtics getting anybody but fultz is if they have a trade on deck and the team they are trading with such as the pacers or bulls want a point guard namely ball

Back
Top Bottom