**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

0-5 since the Lou Williams trade average margin of defeat 14 ppg.

lakers need to make some moves this summer. i doubt another year with a sub-30 win record is acceptable

2 years from now

Clarkson/Nance 26-27
Randle 24
DLo 23
BI 21
Zubac 21
Top 3 pick 20-21

#27? 21-25

It'll work itself out. Just have to be patient. (Which 85% of the fanbase isn't)

Starting to appear that there is way too much of it.... Need to start consolidating it...

Russell, Randle, Ingram... Giving Zubac a chance... Top 3 if we keep it is enough...

But Clarkson, Nance & Black (And Rockets pick) creates so much youth that the team as a whole is having trouble developing...

I def see the logic of what you're sayin, but I'd stay patient with them. Let em grow and let it sort itself out.

I assume at some point (18?) They get a Paul George, then maybe you use Clark/Nance/#27 etc to add a 2nd star. But I wait til I get that 1st star first. Like Clev not flipping Wiggins til Bron signed on dotted line. :lol:

If Celtics blink on Butler, and don't even offer the Nets pick... I'm offering Clarkson/Nance/Black/ #27 & 2nd (if we lose the 1st) for Butler... And see what they say. (I know it's a No, but I'll never underestimate the stupidity of the Bulls)

My idea is that if you keep Top 3, you have to thin it out a bit... Russell is so significantly better than Clarkson, that you gotta keep Russell... Ingram has no replacement. And I'll take Randle over Nance just based on raw talent, and Nance never being a legitimate starter.... And Black is eventually a cap casualty..

But you can't go 8 deep on guys playing 1-2-3-4 years in the NBA. Need some stability.. Which Deng & Moz were supposed to provided, and couldn't

Last edited:
Randle is on the hot seat since he's due for a extension next summer wouldn't be surprised at all if he's moved at the draft.

All I got to say is that we signed the wrong veterans on the squad, especially to crappy contracts *cough Mozgov and Deng *cough

Randle is on the hot seat since he's due for a extension next summer wouldn't be surprised at all if he's moved at the draft.

Nance is the year after... A team is going to sneak in to try to steal him.. If his number hits $10mil, you can't afford to pay that if you don't have everything else in a row.

This Laker brand of basketball is unbearable to watch.

Second game I've watched in over a week that I fell asleep.

Lakers need to do something about this pronto.

This is embarrassing

Nance is the year after... A team is going to sneak in to try to steal him.. If his number hits $10mil, you can't afford to pay that if you don't have everything else in a row.

10 mil is fine. That's cheaper than JC. I'm not paying Randle 18-20+.

Last edited:
This Laker brand of basketball is unbearable to watch.

Second game I've watched in over a week that I fell asleep.

Lakers need to do something about this pronto.

This is embarrassing
They already fired Jim and Mitch if you are talking about Lakers doing something
You gonna have to wait until next season to see what we do

Last edited:
They already fired Jim and Mitch if you are talking about Lakers doing something

Not so sure about that. I'm betting they're active at the draft if we keep the pick and this summer.

Funny though I been said it's too many young guys on the team. Welcome aboard once again.

Not so sure about that. I'm betting they're active at the draft if we keep the pick and this summer.

Funny though I been said it's too many young guys on the team. Welcome aboard once again.
Well we will see what Magic and Rob does in their first offseason
Hopefully good things

They need to at least attempt to unload one of the Mosgov/Deng deals. I'm fine if that takes Julius to do so. Kills 2 birds with one stone.

Not all of us wanna be 75 by the time this team "develops."

You can't just say "Be patient" for 10 consecutive years CP.
It's been 5-6 years of god awful Laker basketball now, it's not unreasonable for some of us to want this "development" of team construction to speed up a bit now. :rolleyes

I know we can't do much until the draft and free agency but I personally hope they 'wheel and deal' and make some thing a happen during that time period.

Last edited:
Well Magic did say the rebuild would take 3 years

I guess he's #ontheclock

3-5.

But I think he's going to try and expedite that timeline. We'll be at a decade of irrelevance by that time. I think he is evaluating who are the keepers and who's expendable.

Last edited:
With Mitch and Jim in charge my prediction was 2021 I think. Magic will have us back in the playoffs in the 2019 season.

Baxter:

Lakers say forward Larry Nance Jr. suffered a right wrist sprain. X-rays were negative. He'll be reevaluated tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom