**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

We have played them twice. First one wasn't great.

Second one we were there and gave it away.

I'm still not worried about the Clippers.

Between PG and Khawi one might be hurt in the playoffs.

Ya'll are really overreacting :lol: :lol: Morris is a good player, but his fit with the Clippers don't effect our series that much.

Like i've been saying all season, this team still has a lot of room to grow. It's a completely new team under a new system & they're already this good at 40+ games in. Could we use some help around the ends sure. I'm really confident in DC coming here, that & a Williams/Smith to finish out the bench will be fine

Not caruso nooooo
Easy to play armchair GM but those 1 year bird rights have also hampered the Lakers for making moves.

Beverly
Paul George
Kawhi
Norris
Harrell

^Can't think of a L/U that could stop their closing L/U while they could easily contain the Lakers. The scary part is they have the luxury of putting Lou Williams in the unlikely event no one could score.

Kuzma needs to take a quantum leap for the Lakers to overcome that hurdle, IMO. And I'm not giving Davis a pass here, he's been a disappointment on offense. This is not the same AD I saw with the Pelicans.
yeah, sorry to say but the depth wins in the postseason. clippers are loaded from 1-5.

lakers struggle when they dont have lebron on the floor. was hoping we can have a competitive series against y’all tbh but clips didnt take no chances since we’re only technically we’re still leasing kawhi for 18 months.

cypeupmn8ef41.png

Lol @ Lebron not picking Ingram... should be clear now to Ingram that Lebron doesn’t believe in him... effthemkids

i'm really liking what I read about marv williams. for a buyout, he'd be useful

The Hornets reached the playoffs that season, and Williams averaged 11.7 points and 6.4 rebounds while shooting 40.7 percent from 3 at nearly five attempts per game. He proved to be a reliable and capable perimeter threat for the team. With then center Al Jefferson mandating the inside, the Hornets found great success with Williams in spreading the floor for other shooters.

Defense:

Two years ago, Rick Bonnell recalled former head coach Steve Clifford regarding Marvin Williams as the “quarterback of the defense.” This is presumably due to his incredible basketball IQ. Having been in the league for well over a decade, Williams has become well aware of the way NBA offensives are run.

As a result, his overall understanding of certain plays and coaching philosophies has made him a “great” leader on the defensive end, especially towards the younger players. Over the past few seasons, Williams has taken in young players on the Hornets like Jeremy Lamb and former player Treveon Graham and tried develop their skills on the intellectual side of the defense. From on-court demonstrations to analyzing the game film off the court, Williams has established himself as a great veteran presence for the younger players on the roster.

Fit with lebron:

Williams has strictly been a spot-up shooter throughout his NBA career. Besides cutting inside, he rarely creates his own shots for himself, especially from the perimeter. This is the reason why the majority of William’s offense comes primarily on the feet of the ball handler during that specific stretch.

That’s why he and point guard Kemba Walker has had a great relationship over the past four seasons. The chemistry between the ball handler and shooter has grown to the point where Walker knows where Williams wants the ball without ease. As a result, the two have become great pick-and-fade partner

Williams is a seamless fit.

Doesnt need the ball to be effective. He's got that corner 3 locked down pat.

The UNC product rebounds and blocks shots, but more importantly knows defensive positioning. Ntm he's a vet who's been through significant playoff battles with Atlanta and Charlotte.

If he gets bought out and comes for the minimum, it's a great pickup.

And if we land Collison, even better.

1st team: KCP, Green, Bron, AD, Javale

2nd team: Collison, Bradley/Caruso, Williams, Kuzma, Dwight

Matchup based: Dudley, Cook, Daniels

Playoff Bonus: Boogie

I hope this is the final product

I don’t get why you don’t let rockets come in everytime. Don’t collapse. Stay with the 3 point shooters. They won’t be able to put- 2 point shoot you

One thing that’s happening now that rockets are small is refs are letting them foul as much as they want

Back
Top Bottom