**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Kinda dont trust Darren Collison. WHy be seen with the Lakers and still plan on meeting with the Clippers. That optics move supposed to indicate something in the works. But if its all still up in the air, he could end up playing them again like Kawhi did. Kinda lowkey wanna just get Isaiah Thomas and chill.

Sounds like BI...then he figured it out.
I think the thing about BI is he seems to be more tough minded. And BI aitn care about getting 8 ig posts off per game lol. BI was more decisive too and actually had great mid range like he knew what he wanted to do and did it

Kuz seems to be scrambling and playing at 100

So what?

I'm not kuz's biggest fan but we are asking him to do more while he is playing less mintues as a third option.

He ain't going anywhere so hopefully he figures it out.

Trying to figure out what he is supposed to prove in a 3 year career?

Screenshot_20200209-093848_Chrome.jpg

Averaging 8 less mintues a game 5 less points, 1 rebound, 1 dime...

I digress I'm on NT.
Eye test my man. Eye test. Watch him play. He looks lost. Can’t teach out of that.

also regarding Collison. The optics are pretty weird. Reports now that AD talked to him already and that Collison visited the lakers locker room after that rockets game etc. but he still meeting with clippers? And he still undecided???

Eye test my man. Eye test. Watch him play. He looks lost. Can’t teach out of that.

also regarding Collison. The optics are pretty weird. Reports now that AD talked to him already and that Collison visited the lakers locker room after that rockets game etc. but he still meeting with clippers? And he still undecided???
Told you man Balmer gonna build him a 20 million mega church lol

also the only person that fails Pac’s Eye test is Lebby :rofl:

I could say the same for Lebron...

But once again. NT expected a generational player after 2 1/2 years.

I digress.

Going to the Nets @ Lakers in March for my Honeymoon from México. First time in LA and first time watching a NBA game. I'm excited.

Already have tickets for section 321.

Any cool stuff I shouldn't miss? What time should I get there to have the full experiencie?

I dont think there's a double standard.

I know where you're coming from but in spite of the frustrating things Bron does, Bron still responsible for about 90% of our wins this season while Kuzma has had like, what, 9 good games lol

Kuz deserves the slander because, like Rondo, has little impact on the game.

I dont think there's a double standard.

I know where you're coming from but in spite of the frustrating things Bron does, Bron still responsible for about 90% of our wins this season while Kuzma has had like, what, 9 good games lol

Kuz deserves the slander because, like Rondo, has little impact on the game.

90%....

:rofl: :rofl:

Starting to believe people are just watching highlights and not the entire game.

We hope his meeting with Balmer and Doc just outta professional courtesy

90%....

:rofl: :rofl:

Starting to believe people are just watching highlights and not the entire game.
Nah bro. I pay attention. Very Close attention in fact to the games.

And yes, 90% means Bron is responsible for 35 wins easily lol. Without Bron, I guarantee we aren't 35-16. Last year's "young core" without Bron, in the West, will give you a WORSE record than what NOP has now. So yes, Bron is the reason why we are where we are.

Like others here have pointed out, eye test.

Kuzma has a lot of work to do to make real contributions to this team. But is he fundamentally sound enough to make the right plays?

Last edited:
Yeah no.

AD has been a huge factor but he doesn't seem to get the credit.

While I have watched Lebron make bone headed turnover, shoot lazy 3's or hold the ball for 16 seconds and give a bad pass to Kuz or Rondo.

Nah man. No way he is responsible for 90% of the games.

Going to the Nets @ Lakers in March for my Honeymoon from México. First time in LA and first time watching a NBA game. I'm excited.

Any cool stuff I shouldn't miss? What time should I get there to have the full experiencie?
There’s a couple of things to do outside the atena in LA Live but mostly dining

just go a littleearly so you can explore thearena and shopsetc and get food and drinks lol

My guy. Good looks. Just copped.

Yeah no.

While I have watched Lebron make bone headed turnover, shoot lazy 3's or hold the ball for 16 seconds and give a bad pass to Kuz or Rondo.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Here's a thought tho, along the lines of the "90%" I'm talking about and why Bron is singlehandedly the most important piece to the Lakers' ultimate success as far as title hopes are concerned.

Say we playin the Clippers, Bucks, Raptors, or Nuggets in a 7-gamer and Bron misses the entire series due to injury, do you think the Lakers win 2 games with only AD and Kuz and no playmaker? My money says the Lakers get swept or win no more than 1 game without Bron.

With Bron, Lakers chances increase dramatically

Since it's your first time, I'd make sure to get to the Staples Center/LA Live area at least 3 hours before tip off cause you'd def want to see LA Live and you're going to want to spend at least 30 min just walking around inside Staples Center and the Team LA store.

Other than that, hit up Hollywood Blvd, Sunset Blvd, Disneyland, Universal Studios/CityWalk, and one of the beaches, maybe Venice, Malibu, Hermosa, Huntington, Laguna Beach, and Santa Monica pier for all the first timer sight seeing stuff

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Here's a thought tho, along the lines of the "90%" I'm talking about and why Bron is singlehandedly the most important piece to the Lakers' ultimate success as far as title hopes are concerned.

Say we playin the Clippers, Bucks, Raptors, or Nuggets in a 7-gamer and Bron misses the entire series due to injury, do you think the Lakers win 2 games with only AD and Kuz and no playmaker? My money says the Lakers get swept or win no more than 1 game without Bron.

With Bron, Lakers chances increase dramatically

I don't disagree that having Lebron increases our chances. But there is no way I'm giving Lebron 90% of the credit. He has continually been given credit that I don't feel he deserves.

But yes without him we don't be the Clippers. But without AD we don't beat the Clippers either. So....

I don't disagree that having Lebron increases our chances. But there is no way I'm giving Lebron 90% of the credit. He has continually been given credit that I don't feel he deserves.

But yes without him we don't be the Clippers. But without AD we don't beat the Clippers either. So....
Well, here's where we would keep going in circles because without Bron we dont get to trade for AD, which means we'd have a lineup of Ball, Hart, Ingram, Kuz, and Zubac (if Bron doesnt come here, JJavale, Boogie and Dwight are most likely not here either).

That lineup with Ball, BI, Kuz is good for 27 wins max.

But no point in arguing it. My point is, Lebron is the reason we have won 35 plus because mot only does he average 25, 10, and 9. He's also the reason AD, Javale, AB, Green, etc are playing on the Lakers.

Well, here's where we would keep going in circles because without Bron we dont get to trade for AD, which means we'd have a lineup of Ball, Hart, Ingram, Kuz, and Zubac (with no Bron, Javale, Boogie and Deight dont come here).

That lineup is good for 27 wins max. But no point in arguing it. My point is, Lebron is the reason we have won 35 plus because mot only does he average 25, 10, and 9. He's also the reason AD, Javale, AB, Green, etc are playing on the Lakers.

Your right it would be total circles.

A ton of what has been said is an assumption.

The case could be made that maybe we could have gotten PG and Kawhi if Bron wasn't here.

But like you said. Circles.

Agree to disagree. But I'm not gonna slander Kuz. I agree he hasn't been consistent and has a ton of work to do but I also understand he is in his third year while having to adjust to being on a good team while becoming a 3rd option.

Your right it would be total circles.

A ton of what has been said is an assumption.

The case could be made that maybe we could have gotten PG and Kawhi if Bron wasn't here.

But like you said. Circles.

Agree to disagree. But I'm not gonna slander Kuz. I agree he hasn't been consistent and has a ton of work to do but I also understand he is in his third year while having to adjust to being on a good team while becoming a 3rd option.
I agree with you a little in that Kuz can be given a lil benefit of the doubt due to adjusting to a completely different role with less minutes.

But my thing is this, why isnt Kuz making the correct basketball play more often than not? Which leads me to doubt whether or not he's fundamentally good enough to make the needed adjustments for us to reach that championship level with Kuz being a key element.

kuz forgot how to play basketball. he looks completely lost out there and only play halfway decent when ad and bron are both out, which is rare rare. should've moved him.

Yeah no.

You’re just a hater lol......

Back
Top Bottom