**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

AD falls in love with his jumpers sometimes, but when he attacks he actually forces teams to foul him... I’ve been waiting for him to repeat that one game he had against the grizzlies when they COULD NOT STOP HIM and he made like 20 something free throws

We have yet to see AD's full repertoire.

I'll never forget 86 when a raw Akeem Olajuwon dominated, I mean Dominated, the Showtime Lakers in their prime, as he thoroughly outplayed Abdul Jabbar in the series.
20200730_235906.jpg

The all around numbers Davis puts up right now is reminiscent of the impact Dream had on his 86 Rockets squad.

We all know what Olajuwon did 8 years later, when he became Hakeem the Dream with an evolved game and winning back 2 back chips to boot.

Now imagine what AD capable of doing once his game matures, he gets stronger, and the full repertoire come out.

Watching the Bron-AD 1-2 punch is more like Magic-Akeem than Magic-Kareem imo.

We straight.

Last edited:
The formula in all these games seem to be for AD to carry us through 3 quarters and for Bron to close in the 4th. I can't say I've been comfortable with that scenario which has played out in every single game. The overall defense was encouraging and as much as AD was settling he had 17 FTs but looked fatigued in the 4th after playing all 12 minutes in the 3rd.

Need Bron to at least attempt to be aggressive from the start he's been overly passive.

The formula in all these games seem to be for AD to carry us through 3 quarters and for Bron to close in the 4th. I can't say I've been comfortable with that scenario which has played out in every single game. The overall defense was encouraging and as much as AD was settling he had 17 FTs but looked fatigued in the 4th after playing all 12 minutes in the 3rd.

Need Bron to at least attempt to be aggressive from the start he's been overly passive.
Also need to get some of our shooters some shots. Too often guys are left out when trying to force feed AD all game.
Also, I hope they encourage Waiters to be more aggressive slashing when he comes in as main ball handler

on another note: remember when we drafted D’angelo Russell, people started calling D’lo and Clarkson the “slash brothers”

LOL

Nice tactical analysis for the last few minutes of the game

hmm looks like clippers used that head hunting we did last game, lakers adjusted well. Clippers just left Lou alone to die :lol:

Also gotta guess that a few of those last minute plays turn into getting Mr. Magic city switched onto lebron/AD

Also gonna see a lot of LeBron in the post surrounded by 4 shooters/playmakers

This is the key.

Bron rules on full display last night. He's struggled this year, till he concentrates or gets a good switch.

Bron has another tough decision to make. He can't flatten them out and sit uptop dribbling the air out the ball then attack at the last second. For years he's done this and it works, just not against the best defensive teams. He's going to have to come off the ball at some point. Especially when they've got Kawhi, Pg, and now Morris.

If he goes high post and directs traffic, while AD is in the low post or even opposite corner, that could change everything. Bron has posted Kawhi & Pg at varying points during these 4 games and getting them to the basket was not a problem. I'm assuming he's just been studying these reg season matchups and **** gon change come playoffs.

All those years going against the Spurs, Mavs and Warriors I'm pretty sure Bron knows what he's doing at this point. He's either gotta hit 40%+ from 3, or he's going to have to start getting creative. 2013, Bron/Spoelstra/Chalmers ****ed Pop up making Bron the screener and Chalmers the ball handler in pnr. That one move kinda changed the momentum (I believe that was game 2 when it looked like they were going down 0-2) You're going to need creativity like that against the Clips come playoff time. He has way more talent around him, but he's 35. I trust he's gonna figure out what he's gotta do.

don’t let them use the no Lou will and Harrell excuse on you

sure they were missed, but green and Beverly were the splash brothers last night so they made up for it.

Game really meant nothing though. Both teams were rusty as hell. Lakers were also trying to figure out their rotations. We even saw JR playing key minutes which was a fluke. He’s more of a super short minute burst if players ahead of him are in foul trouble type.

Dion is that guy you can’t game plan for

I didn’t realize how good of an attacker he was and finisher at that lol look ez too effortless

plus he’s able to make plays off that (seen some lobs and cross passes etc). There were def some jumpers he shot that he would usually make too

he’s gonna win some playoff games for the team lol

Back
Top Bottom