**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Heat for PJ TUCKER

they coming out of the east

He’s a good defender and plays super hard

At least we don’t have to face Caruso until the finals. Who cares. No other contenders have him either. It’s not like he went to the Clips or Bucks or Nets etc

Correct me if i’m wrong
Tht is 21 this season

after that it’s AD at 27 i believe
1 young guy and AD is almost 30 with the bones of Bill Russell. Other guys looking up in age.

Didnt like how we looked against athletic wings last year and I guess theer may be more of the same.

the trade exception can't be used in conjunction with another player right? for example, if THT signs for $10M a year, the lakers wouldn't be able to combine the trade exception + THT to take back a player in the $20M range, right?

1 young guy and AD is almost 30 with the bones of Bill Russell. Other guys looking up in age.

Didnt like how we looked against athletic wings last year and I guess theer may be more of the same.
Maaaan bron better get us some assets or things could get scary in a few years

I will say this...we loved Caruso because he made some highlight dunk plays, was good on defense and was a likeable guy...

This is a business and as much as we wanted him to stay, let's see if he actually plays like a player that deserves the full MLE...

I will say this...we loved Caruso because he made some highlight dunk plays, was good on defense and was a likeable guy...

This is a business and as much as we wanted him to stay, let's see if he actually plays like a player that deserves the full MLE...
Zo and Caruso gonna have fools in hell :lol:

You can’t develop players and compete for a ring at the same time. Young players don’t matter right now.

If you’re worried about the lakers athleticism, I can understand it, but the lakers won’t be developing any young players while bron is here. It’s going to be the same story when bron retires and AD is the main vet. How it should be to be honest.

I can’t lie I’m going to miss Caruso and 9.25 mil a year doesn’t seem like that much.

Will reserve judgement until August 6th.

other full MLE guys:

derrick Jones jr
Harrell
Ibaka
Theiss

So yes he was worth 9.25. But I get the money aspect. That means we won’t use TPE or sign and trade for Shroeder for “role players”

Caruso was a starter in the nba finals and was amazing next to Lebron

and his deal is super super tradable. But like I said. MONEY

other full MLE guys:

derrick Jones jr
Harrell
Ibaka
Theiss

So yes he was worth 9.25. But I get the money aspect. That means we won’t use TPE or sign and trade for Shroeder for “role players”

Caruso was a starter in the nba finals and was amazing next to Lebron

and his deal is super super tradable. But like I said. MONEY

And look at how those players you listed worked out.

We gave Danny close to the MLE and we all wanted to ship him out.

All I'm saying is, we win a chip, no one will mention his name.

And look at how those players you listed worked out.

We gave Danny close to the MLE and we all wanted to ship him out.

All I'm saying is, we win a chip, no one will mention his name.
Exactly look how those guys worked out and look how much better Caruso is so 9.25 for him is good deal lol.

Danny?

Exactly look how those guys worked out and look how much better Caruso is so 9.25 for him is good deal lol.

Danny?

How do we know Caruso is better then those guys on that deal.

He could look the way he does because of who he played with.

Let's see what he does in Chicago before we shed all these tears.

No matter what he gone.. so move on.

If he would have left at 6mil? Yeah I'd be hot

9.25 mil? Nah man...no way.

That’s 3 million dollar / year x 4 years = 12 million
Being cheap while we’re in a title window is an ugly look.
Especially because Caruso’s contract should be tradeable.
It’s the luxury/return tax that turns 9 million into 30 million a year.

Still, I don’t give a ****. It doesn’t really impact the salary cap. Jeanie/owners just don’t wanna pay Caruso the 20+ million in taxes it would cost to retain him.

Back
Top Bottom