**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I’d rather get some in n out

Nah, $15-$17M annually is fair, that's barely above the full mid-level exception. D'Angelo Russell has lost himself a lot of money over the last couple of weeks. I could potentially see him taking a 1-year, "prove it" deal to rebuild his value but that is risky given his injury history.

As much as Russell struggled in the playoffs, teams still need guys like him to play 30 minutes per night in the regular season.

Shroeder prolly gon too. Feels like he had fun playing here this time around but he likely gon.

Shroeder prolly gon too. Feels like he had fun playing here this time around but he likely gon.
Lakers got great value out of Schroder, and wouldn't be surprised if he returned next season. However, I think to take another step they may have to go in a different direction because another small guard that is so hit or miss on offense is not it.

He's good to eat innings during the regular season but the playoffs roll around, and he's smoking layups and throwing errant passes on offense. He brought it defensively for the most part though.

Sounds like they want to run it back as much as possible.

Considering the roster has basically changed each off season since the chip, it would be nice to have some sort consistency.

So…Brian windhorst made some interesting points on his pod.

Don’t be so closed minded when thinking of the lakers off season plans. Don’t get distracted by kyrie.

Lakers can make about 30 mill in cap while keeping lebron ad Reaves Rui and Christie (lose D’lo Bamba Beasley, trade vandy and 17th pick for future first rounder and couple seconds)

With that 30 mill they can sign 2 15 mill players or 1 30 mill player (draymond, FVV type).

I’d look at that as equally likely as running it back. Especially if lakers don’t plan on keeping Bamba and Beasley anyways it’s really just exchanging D’lo and Vanderbilt for 2 new 15 mill a year players)

I would still run it back and then trade expirings of Beasley and Bamba but that can be expensive for our lovely and kind owners Jeanie and Linda)

So…Brian windhorst made some interesting points on his pod.

Don’t be so closed minded when thinking of the lakers off season plans. Don’t get distracted by kyrie.

Lakers can make about 30 mill in cap while keeping lebron ad Reaves Rui and Christie (lose D’lo Bamba Beasley vandy)

With that 30 mill they can sign 2 15 mill players or 1 30 mill player (draymond, FVV type).

I’d look at that as equally likely as running it back. Especially if lakers don’t plan on keeping Bamba and Beasley anyways it’s really just exchanging D’lo and Vanderbilt for 2 new 15 mill a year players)
They're not realistically gonna have cap space with AD, Bron, Reaves, Rui because of cap holds and such. It's really only AD, Bron, Reaves, Christie and enough cap space for one good player.

Reactions: DLF
They're not realistically gonna have cap space with AD, Bron, Reaves, Rui because of cap holds and such. It's really only AD, Bron, Reaves, Christie and enough cap space for one good player.
We're also not "losing" DLo.

Back
Top Bottom