**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

D'lo is looking like 2 year/ 40 with an option for second year.

Overpay given the market. Literally 0 teams with cap space want him.

Even if 20. Rui now just needs to be under 18.5 a year and the lakers will be able to use their BAE comfortably and full MLE

DLo or Rui gotta budge and take a little less, market is weak. A lot of salary dump trades happening to those teams with salary cap room, def thinning out

Lakers aren't negotiating against anyone for any of their own guys, low-ball em.

Javale and DH weren’t some super big names in 2019-2020 either
He knows the formula it’s not that hard

That’s what killed us against Denver
Facts. I been saying this xxxx the last 3 years.

I know it. You know it. NT knows it. Kobe knows it - word to Pau, Bynum, and Odom.

"You can call it with braille. "
-word to Chick

There’s a difference between a guy falling in your lap and lowballing them. Especially when they are your guy.

Rui and AR don’t have much choice. But Rui could just say F it. I’ll accept the QO. And leave in a year instead.

But on the other end…
The worst case scenario is they lowball DLo and DLo dips for whatever even if it’s significantly less because playing the he’s only worth X amount.

That'd be doubly stupid on his part then. You have no market and then you intentionally take even less than what is offered to spite who exactly?

There’s a difference between a guy falling in your lap and lowballing them. Especially when they are your guy.

Rui and AR don’t have much choice. But Rui could just say F it. I’ll accept the QO. And leave in a year instead.

But on the other end…
The worst case scenario is they lowball DLo and DLo dips for whatever even if it’s significantly less because playing the he’s only worth X amount.

GenerLly true but not really the case here.

Rui taking QO would be Jeanie Buss’ wet dream. She’s save big on taxes. You’d have a big sample size on him to see if playoff was a fluke. He could cost himself 10 mill a year if he falters.

Also, re: D’lo taking MLE elsewhere - would have to be a team where he will be starter and be top 3 player of that team.

On lakers even at 15 mill a year with player option next year, he’s be starter and penciled in as second best player when lebron is out for stretches. Thus proving his worth and going back into free agency next year solidifying 20 mill a year.

Offer both 15 and tell them good luck. Match Rui and prob negotiate D’lo to 17 or so.

That'd be doubly stupid on his part then. You have no market and then you intentionally take even less than what is offered to spite who exactly?

Dlo’s market is frozen. I was listening to Windy podcast and they said that they don’t even see the full MLE for him and that the lakers are basically bidding against nobody.

Dlo’s market is frozen. I was listening to Windy podcast and they said that they don’t even see the full MLE for him and that the lakers are basically bidding against nobody.
Lakers are known to be afraid of themselves. Anytime they are bidding against themselves they always come out on top. Never will Rob let the lakers outbid the lakers

Back
Top Bottom