**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Vincent’s 11 per year sounding great now

Lopez got 24
Brown got 22
Shroeder got 13

If Reaves was signed to a longer deal they could’ve dangled him for a Lillard trade but I doubt Dame to La would’ve ever been allowed

Anyway

DLo/Gabe/JHS
AR / Max
Vando / Prince / Reddish
Bron / Rui
AD / Hayes

I got $165mil (Could be as high as $167)

Which gives them $5-7mil in room.

If they end up at $7mil

I would still go SG, Wenyen & TT round it out and run right into the Hard Cap, maybe a mil or two short

Anyway

DLo/Gabe/JHS
AR / Max
Vando / Prince / Reddish
Bron / Rui
AD / Hayes

I got $165mil (Could be as high as $167)

Which gives them $5-7mil in room.

If they end up at $7mil

I would still go SG, Wenyen & TT round it out and run right into the Hard Cap, maybe a mil or two short
Max Lewis is missing. At 1 mill salary and having paid 4 mill to move up in draft he’s absolutely making roster.

Also rob always leaves 1 slot open for buyout candidate/injury

So you gotta choose one of SG, wenyan or TT.

And yea they are gonna very likely be few hundred thousand short of the 165 tax line

Max Lewis is missing. At 1 mill salary and having paid 4 mill to move up in draft he’s absolutely making roster.

Also rob always leaves 1 slot open for buyout candidate/injury

So you gotta choose one of SG, wenyan or TT.

And yea they are gonna very likely gonna be few hundred thousand short of the 165 tax line

Could end up as a two-way, and then isn’t a tax hit.

But even if he’s on the roster. Would be $166.2-$167.2 (high amount is underestimating a new signee’s salary right now) Gives them 5-6mil in room.

I wonder if AD gets extended now, I'd still be apprehensive about doing it tbh.

What was the other option for Reaves first contract? Because it seems like the 2 year deal worked out perfectly
Just realized something. Lakers get killed for only giving 2 yr deals for 2nd rd picks and undrafted guys but they’re actually just using the arenas rule to their advantage. They’re actually just betting that no team will sign them to an offer sheet, so you’re capping how much you can give them on that 2nd contract and getting great value in years 3-6.

If they signed these guys to longer deals then yes you would have one more really cheap year but then they would be eligible for a huge raise the next yr since you would have full bird rights.

Just realized something. Lakers get killed for only giving 2 yr deals for 2nd rd picks and undrafted guys but they’re actually just using the arenas rule to their advantage. They’re actually just betting that no team will sign them to an offer sheet, so you’re capping how much you can give them on that 2nd contract and getting great value in years 3-6.

If they signed these guys to longer deals then yes you would have one more really cheap year but then they would be eligible for a huge raise the next yr since you would have full bird rights.
I figured there had to be some kinda benefit aside from the fact you can't force guys to take a longer, cheaper deal. I also think it's a good way to get the best out of a player. Guys should be even more focused to develop when they know they only have 2 seasons to make an impression and secure that contract. They had to kick Reaves out the gym because he was working so much :lol:. It'll be interesting to see what Christie does this season

Although true,

Had they do a 3 or 4 year deal with tht and Reaves

We would have had both Caruso and tht two years ago (10 mill a year for AC and 2 mill for THT)- then we would have seen that THT wasn’t that good and wouldn’t have to worry about arenas rule. Prob bring him back last year on 3/12 mill type deal.

Reaves woulda been on roster for 2 mill this year and we probably keep Bambas 10 mill slot open as trade bait (could trade mid season for another teams MLE player that didn’t work out for example). Also allowing us to see Reeves progression. His play next year won’t linearly improves- I don’t think and again prob won’t have teams offering him 25 a year if so.

I see what you’re saying but more time with the player on low contract gives you more time to evaluate and is always better for all in teams like lakers.

Reaves timeline isn’t on the lakers. He’s just waiting for the 6th to see if the Spurs will have enough room for the 90-100M offersheet.

If they don’t he’ll take the 4 year / 52 mil with the Lakers. Altho if I was his agent I’d be pushing for a 2+1 with the Lakers.

Although true,

Had they do a 3 or 4 year deal with tht and Reaves

We would have had both Caruso and tht two years ago - then we would have seen that tht wasn’t that good and wouldn’t have to worry about arenas rule. Prob bring him back last year on 3/12 mill type deal.

Reaves woulda been on roster for 2 mill this year and we probably keep Bambas 10 mill slot open as trade bait. Also allowing us to see reeeves profession. His play next year won’t linearly improves I don’t think.

I see what you’re saying but more time with the player on low contract gives you more time to evaluate and is always better for all in teams like lakers.
I feel you. My point is just that there is some strategy behind giving 2 yr deals. Pundits would have you thinking rob and them are idiots for doing that, but they have a plan.

Cam and Jax will be the next Laker reclamation projects.

I’d grab a 3rd center and PF for the min… guys that don’t need a lot of minutes but can be counted on to play when necessary

🤔🤔🤔

IMG_1170.jpeg

I feel you. My point is just that there is some strategy behind giving 2 yr deals. Pundits would have you thinking rob and them are idiots for doing that, but they have a plan.
Pundits are idiots. Nation media is microcosm of society

Like George Carlin said “people are ****ing dumb”

Cam and Jax will be the next Laker reclamation projects.

I’d grab a 3rd center and PF for the min… guys that don’t need a lot of minutes but can be counted on to play when necessary

🤔🤔🤔

IMG_1170.jpeg

Love is back in Miami
Lakers will keep 15th spot open for buy outs anyway.

Back
Top Bottom