**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Lol

This was a western conference finals team with lebron playing with one foot.

Christie could get better.
Ham could get better.
Reeves can even get better.

Donte Divencenzo is where he lost the argument, but annoying as he is the take is spot on. There will have to be internal improvements from the young guys for it to be an improvement over where we ended last season.

I feel like I’m in the twilight zone here.

You make the moves you have access too.

Sure, would the team have been markedly better if they turned D’lo into Devin Booker. Rui into Mikal Bridges? Absolutely.

Reaves
Booker
Bridges
Lebron
AD

With Jokic off the bench

woulda been much better than what we did now. But we didn’t have that as a pathway.

Shroder - too expensive
Brown- too expensive
Lopez- too expensive
Donte wanted to go to NY and had been rumored there for weeks.
Landale- too expensive.

Let’s see who signed for 12 mill or less:

Richardson
Walker
Gordon
Vincent
Joseph
Watanabe
Metu
Okogie
Brown jr
Mcdaniels
Alexander Walker
Shake Milton
Dennis Smith Jr
Plumlee
Eubanks
Craig

So…yea. Who you want from that list? Pick 2 or 1 for 11 mill. (Minny split their MLE for brown jr, Milton, naw). Is that better than Vincent?

Glad we made lateral moves

We were a top 3 type roster last year.

Uhhh winning.

Last edited:
It's a top 4 team easy but it's not a clear contender. Rebounding was a big weakness and everybody they added is a worse rebounder than who they replaced. If Gabe and Christie are what they should be then I'm confident they'd beat Denver. Gabe/Reaves/Rui/Bron/AD should be tough in the playoffs but is it better than what PHX/BOS/MIL can do? We'll see

Don’t get me wrong. I’m greedy. I can dream about better players but that’s more just bc I’m bored

Would I like Beasley for vet min over reddish yes. Eric Gordon. Yes. Plumlee over Jackson hayes. Sure. Jordan Hawkins over jhs. Sure.

Given the available moves, the Lakers front office did as well as possible.

They are armed with good/tradeable contracts and young players, the championship piece trade will need to be made during the deadline.

there wasn't much Lakers can do with mid-level exception, bi-annual exception, and some veteran minimums.. Have to hope that the team can gel better with more time, that the young guys naturally get a little better, Bron is a bit healthier. Denver lost their 6th and 7th man in Bruce Brown and Jeff Green, and only have Braun to help their depth as of now. I thought Phoenix did as well as you can do with veteran minimum signings, wish we got a couple of their guys

If I’m Lebron, I tell dame to chill for another 6 months.

Wait for the Lakers package with AR headlining :lol:
We got the salary filler :nerd:

AR’s contract is better than anything Miami has to offer.

They can send us Nurkic contract back. We can still get Beasley for more salary filler since we have his bird rights.

• Haha
Reactions: DLF
If I’m Lebron, I tell dame to chill for another 6 months.

Wait for the Lakers package with AR headlining :lol:
We got the salary filler :nerd:

AR’s contract is better than anything Miami has to offer.

They can send us Nurkic contract back. We can still get Beasley for more salary filler since we have his bird rights.
😂

Here you go:

632A19B5-3BD0-4A4C-92CC-F243A7198565.jpeg

I don’t like that analysts like our off-season so much. They are never right. 😂

What these moves have done more than anything is get a multitude of tradable contracts for if another disabled star becomes available without having to sacrifice all of their depth as well, which I think will probably end up being the route that's needed to go to true contender status.

Back
Top Bottom