**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I wish Spencer would be more aggressive. Him getting 26 isn't a surprise. He has just been passive but tonight he did his thing.

Kinda funny to hear AD talking about how a player needs to be more aggressive… practice what you preach sir. Especially when Sabonis comes to town smh

AD typically plays the entire third and rests to start the fourth. So naturally Ham decided to play Bron the first 11 minutes of the third, have him rest the start of the fourth (with no D'Lo available either) tonight.

Of course the Pacers started their run with those two on the bench. :lol:

You misspelled 'No.'
Not sure what point you were trying to make other than sarcasm but let’s make something clear:

Whether or not LAL used more bigs against IND and won vs the Pacers last night doesn’t negate the Lakers having about a .09% chance of playing the Pacers in the Finals but a much higher chance they will face SAC or DEN in the playoffs and if they somehow reach the Finals have a much higher chance of playing MIL than IND.

And if you think not going Bigger against DEN, SAC, and MIL is the way to beat em, then we’re all in for a rude awakening once the playoffs begin, if the Lakers even make it

Not sure what point you were trying to make other than sarcasm but let’s make something clear:

Whether or not LAL used more bigs against IND and won vs the Pacers last night doesn’t negate the Lakers having about a .09% chance of playing the Pacers in the Finals but a much higher chance they will face SAC or DEN in the playoffs and if they somehow reach the Finals have a much higher chance of playing MIL than IND.

And if you think not going Bigger against DEN, SAC, and MIL is the way to beat em, then we’re all in for a rude awakening once the playoffs begin, if the Lakers even make it
Not being sure what someone's point is isn't a problem.
Assuming what their point is instead is problematic (not saying you did that).
My point was that we beat the Pacers despite having less bigs.
'Well, if you're trying to say they can beat Denver..."
I'm not.
I'm saying the team with less bigs won.
These thousands of words spanning hundreds of posts do not represent a universal truth. It's an opinion; a popular opinion, and one that I agree with. Not science, though.
And now, I await your next novel that could be summed up in 3 words: 'Bigs win games.'

For all the talk about how the Lakers are a disappointment and are huge underachievers, can someone tell me what team they're better than based on the current west standings? (And only looking at regular season basketball)

1. Den
2. OKC
3. Min
4. LAC
5. NO
6. Phx
7. Sac
8. Dal
9. LAL
10. GS
11. Hou

Not being sure what someone's point is isn't a problem.
Assuming what their point is instead is problematic (not saying you did that).
My point was that we beat the Pacers despite having less bigs.
'Well, if you're trying to say they can beat Denver..."
I'm not.
I'm saying the team with less bigs won.
These thousands of words spanning hundreds of posts do not represent a universal truth. It's an opinion; a popular opinion, and one that I agree with. Not science, though.
And now, I await your next novel that could be summed up in 3 words: 'Bigs win games.'
First off, did I ever say "Bigs win games?" LOL, Find the receipt, bet you won't find one. We all know I've been saying teams deep with impact bigs that surround their star players are the ones who win championships. You will find receipts for this all day if you look it up.

last I checked, the Lakers are all about winning championships NOT regular season games. Am I right? Alrighty then!

Let me ask you..
do you think this team as currently constructed and utilized by Ham can win the championship this season?

If you're answer is Yes, that's an entirely new convo.

If you're answer is no, then my point is proven.

Like I've said all year, this team will never win a championship if Ham continues to play AD at center full time and if Ham continues to shy away from 2-Big lineups against the cream of the crop which, btw, does NOT include the Indiana Pacers.

And as history has PROVEN, the championship winning teams save for the 2022 Golden State Warriors, were ALL equipped with numerous impact bigs in their rotation whether or not their star player was a Big. I challenge you to disprove this fact.

Did I ever say "Bigs win games?" LOL, Find the receipt, bet you won't find one.

UNLIKE MOST FANS, I could care less about regular season games against teams you won't face deep in the playoffs. Small ball or 1-Big lineups can win all the games they want against the Pacers, Magic, Thunder, and Nets of the world.

But....

i did say Bigs win championships.

in fact, i will REPEAT For the millionth time.

"Teams with plenty of impact bigs win championships" and this is FACT.

Therefore your point that the Lakers beat the Pacers with "less bigs" doesn't really make a point and doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things now does it?

Name a small ball team that ever won a title post 1980 except for the 2022 Warriors. I'll wait.

Last edited:

For all the talk about how the Lakers are a disappointment and are huge underachievers, can someone tell me what team they're better than based on the current west standings? (And only looking at regular season basketball)

1. Den
2. OKC
3. Min
4. LAC
5. NO
6. Phx
7. Sac
8. Dal
9. LAL
10. GS
11. Hou

They are what their record says they are. If somehow they make it to the playoffs there's only 2 teams I think they realistically can beat in a series and that's OKC and MIN. Outside of that they've shown no consistency all season really to say they have a chance to make any noise. As it stands right now Sac booting us from the play in if they lose to Dallas.

Last edited:
I truly believe we'd beat anyone but Denver in a series.

Honestly, I wanna play them first round, so we don't have to get our hopes up :lol:

They are what their record says they are. If somehow they make it to the playoffs there's only 2 teams I think they realistically can beat in a series and that's OKC and MIN.
IMG_3729.gif

Back
Top Bottom