**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Well........now the hard part.

DLo showed he can shoot in Denver. What he has not shown, is putting two good games in a row. :frown:

We need his 3's (or LeBron's) to stay close during a sure barrage.

Murray looked a lil gimpy.......keep an eye on that.

I would LOVE to get back to LA with a full two days off. Really put some stress on them. God, 2-2 would feel so much better right now.

When the hell can we get Vando back? I want one more hustler/defender out there to bang around on Murray. (Or MPJ)

Interesting........

Denver had 4 starters play 40+ minutes, and Jamal Murray played 39.......

We aren't the deepest team (especially without Vando) but could we potentially wear them down a lil bit?

Denver never led one second of this game. So for the series now, we've led 139 of 192 minutes. And been tied for 14 more.

16 quarters worth of basketball, Denver has led for basically 3 of them.

Interesting........

Denver had 4 starters play 40+ minutes, and Jamal Murray played 39.......

We aren't the deepest team (especially without Vando) but could we potentially wear them down a lil bit?

Denver never led one second of this game. So for the series now, we've led 139 of 192 minutes. And been tied for 14 more.

16 quarters worth of basketball, Denver has led for basically 3 of them.

Obviously the difference is Lakers kept the lead in the third. Denver only cut it a point. Lebron got to rest big in the third and was fresh for the 4th.

He is because has leverage due to Lakers cap situation regardless of how he plays.

Can’t replace him if he leaves. Wouldn’t let him go if they had to trade multiple pieces for Trae. And he can just deny all sign and trade talks.
I said when he got traded back. I said right after the playoffs last year. Said it in the off-season. Said it during the season. “A match made in necessity.”

Obvious there is a limit to how much leverage anybody has. But he likely has enough to get most of the way to what he thinks are realistic market comps.

Didn't you say he had leverage last off season too? What is the difference this year.? He's tanked his stock again and outside of the Magic nobody is really there to offer him anything and dude is really willing to lose his bird rights and end up as a 10 mil a year player on one year deals moving forward?

Last edited:
I just wonder what D. Lo thinks is out there for him.

There might be some kind of leverage but same time if nobody is chasing him then there is nothing there.

Teams aren't just giving folks crazy money anymore especially good teams. With the cap being the way it is, the only team he could go to might be a bad team if he thinks he is going to command max money.

I think DLo will opt out and sign a longer deal with the Lakers. Thats fine for both parties since we’te pretty much handcuffed. But Rob needs to find a legit consistent 3rd star/scorer

There might be some kind of leverage but same time if nobody is chasing him then there is nothing there.

Teams aren't just giving folks crazy money anymore especially good teams. With the cap being the way it is, the only team he could go to might be a bad team if he thinks he is going to command max money.

He's on crack if money is anywhere in his mind. He had to take a paycut on a one year deal and didn't get a NTC.

Market isn't going to be there midas whale take that guaranteed 18 mil and retain his rights when he gets traded. Even in this economy he's a 12-15 mil a year player if it's anything more than a 1 year deal.

With the cap being the way it is, the only team he could go to might be a bad team if he thinks he is going to command max money.
1714329380104.jpeg

Perfect team for Dlo, not sure of their cap space situation though.

Didn't you say he had leverage last off season too? What is the difference this year.? He's tanked his stock again and outside of the Magic nobody is really there to offer him anything and dude is really willing to lose his bird rights and end up as a 10 mil a year player on one year deals moving forward?

Enough leverage that the Lakers ended up signing him on day 1 of free agency.

Lakers keep his bird rights/cap hold if he opts out. They only lose it if they renounce it. They won’t. Because of any potential looming trade.

Lakers can’t (or at least shouldn’t) make a big splash which would send out AR and Rui and not make a long term deal to DLo. Even if they try to kick the trade him can down the road again.

Or they can just let him walk.
And field Trae / JHS / Vando / Bron / AD lineups with Maxwell Lewis and Jaxson Hayes as their 6th and 7th man.

• Haha
Reactions: MVP

It’s not about what’s out there.

It’s about the Lakers being limited with what they can do to improve the team.

I doubt he thinks he’s getting max money even for as cocky as he is. It’s about he has a non-zero level of leverage on the Lakers cap situation. And if opting out secure 3 guaranteed year with a potential 4th year opt out, it’s smarter to take that than take $18mil with a guarantee plane ticket out of LA before July .

Also we’re not talking $30 mil a year either. Even if he guarantees his current salary or slightly more over 3 or potentially 4. That’s a longevity win for CAA and DLo.

Last edited:
It’s not about what’s out there.

It’s about the Lakers being limited with what they can do to improve the team.

I doubt he thinks he’s getting max money even for as cocky as he is. It’s about he has a non-zero level of leverage on the Lakers cap situation. And if opting out secure 3 guaranteed year with a potential 4th year opt out, it’s smarter to take that than take $18mil with a guarantee plane ticket out of LA before July .

You can't just say it's not about what's out there because if there is nothing out there in FA, Lakers only bidding against themselves...

You can't just say it's not about what's out there because if there is nothing out there in FA, Lakers only bidding against themselves...

Yes. They would be. Because they are up against the cap and first apron. And have very little choice over it. Now if Bron decides he’s taking a huge pay cut or leaving or they blow it up, then Lakers can make decisions on free agents.

Sure, he’s not getting $30 or $40mil. We all know that.

But if the choice is DLo wants 3year / $65mil.
Or we go into the season with Gabe/AR/Vando/Rui/Bron/AD knowing two of Gabe/AR and Rui are gone for a single player, it’s a bullet the Lakers likely have to swallow.

As I keep saying “A match made in necessity.”

Yes. They would be. Because they are up against the cap and first apron. And have very little choice over it. Now if Bron decides he’s taking a huge pay cut or leaving or they blow it up, then Lakers can make decisions on free agents.

Sure, he’s not getting $30 or $40mil. We all know that.

But if the choice is DLo wants 3year / $65mil.
Or we go into the season with Gabe/AR/Vando/Rui/Bron/AD knowing two of Gabe/AR and Rui are gone for a single player, it’s a bullet the Lakers likely have to swallow.

As I keep saying “A match made in necessity.”

This is the exact same song and dance that you tried to sell from last offseason. Only way he's getting a multi-year deal is if someone else offers him one. Lakers don't have any incentive to offer him one.

Back
Top Bottom